Why do you Veeky Forumstards like modern architecture so much? Its beyond ugly

Why do you Veeky Forumstards like modern architecture so much? Its beyond ugly.

More proof its gross and ugly

Even more proof

Looks good desu

That's brutalism, not modern

>Why do you Veeky Forumstards like modern architecture so much? Its beyond ugly.

At my university it's the opposite. Liberal Arts students like the modern glass houses and we prefer the brick and mortal buildings.

Its a freakin monstrosity. Its extremely unpleasing aesthetically.

But I don't. I always loved it when one of my lectures was held in one of the old historical buildings the university had.

At my uni the liberal extremists of stem prefer this ugly degeneracy.

That is top tier brutalism and i fucking love it, saved.

Would definitely live in/10

Why, you autistic degenerate????

Got any examples of good architecture?

>mortal buildings
>mortal
dude, i wouldnt prefer it if the building is mortal...

anyways, maybe you should specify what kind of modern architecture you dont like, since its not all the same, I, for once, am a great fan of Gehry and deconstructionism in general (e.g. the dancing house op mentioned), while i loathe a lot of those glass houses op mentioned, that are just designed to "look modern" from unoriginal architects, trying to go with the zeitgeist.

>pic related, good architecture

forgot pic

also, another great example of deconstructivism is zaha hadid. she is also trolling people on a massive scale, since she got qatar, which is one of the worlds states with the highest opression of women, to let her design the stadium for the soccer world cup, and she got away with designing it like a giant vulva.

Because i find it aesthetically pleasing, unlike the other buildings in this thread, you autistic retard!!!!

What is the purpose of this retarded nonsense? Why build something with that shape?

another example of hadids work, pls tell me how that isnt aestethic

>stop liking what I don't like!
Neoclassicism has no character and is unamenable to modern building practices without faking everything.

this is a wine hotel, and it got designed like that, to generate strong emotions by the person that sees it; so since you seem to hate it, it fullfilled its purpose and you can consider yourself trolled by a building

This, for example. Not a Nazi, but this building looks fucking great.

This provokes strong emotions, too. Doesn't make it any less nonsensical and purposeless.

This is good architecture guys.

>baroque
>good

That's just a lot of gingerbread, it's not the architecture you like.

You have bad taste.

This is hideous.

Reminder that art deco is god-tier.

this is a good example, of how a nation without any culture tries to copy architecture (victorian style of england) but fails creating something aesthetic and just takes a huge dump on it, because they didnt understand it in the first place

I was obviously joking guys. Its not even made out of brick or stone lol. Look at the wall. Its made out of degeneracy.

Usonia is fucking beautiful tho. I admit that.

This is actually pretty tho

Are you high?

not him, but before shitting on this building, you should go to prague and look at it in person, its called the dancing house, aka fred and ginger building (and if you dont get that reference, you re a cultural brainlet) for a reason. it feels like the house is dancing indeed, but you cant really get this impression by merely looking on pictures of it. you have to see it in person, so get out of your basement, go there, look a bit on it, walk around it and then you can judge it.

Beauty is subjective and its important this to be taught otherwise populists and regressive tyrants can make use of it.

I find contemporary architecture considerably more interesting and humane than the artificial blobs and blocks symbolizing some obscure despot's megalomania and pitiful male bravado.

>Beauty is subjective and its important this to be taught otherwise populists and regressive tyrants can make use of it.
Funny, I thought that SJW took advantange of the word "subjective" and changed it to "You're a liar, from my point of view I'm beautiful, that makes me objectively beautiful" said the ugly goblin. Or in case of every disabled, dumb, uneducated, talentless person pretending they're something they're not.

Architecture doesn't belong in Veeky Forums.

GET OUT

That isn't even Baroque.

It's closer to Second Empire.

That's funny since Victorian architecture is just another 19th century bastardized revival, of Italian gothic specifically.

Yes it does. Its engineering

This thread is just discussing worthless aesthetics, not anything about engineering.

Engineering does not deal with aesthetics. GET OUT.

>Reminder that art deco is god-tier.
Bioshock anyone?

I never understood the tonal shift in the design for Germania.

Fascist architecture was supposed to be loosely roman inspired, but striped of it's ostentation and needless frivolity.

Engineering does tho. Marking things thinner ect. Making them more livable and not a eye sore ect.

Have you read Hitler and the power of aesthetics? This is from it

NO. ENGINEERING IS NOT ABOUT AESTHETICS. IT IS ABOUT PERFORMANCE. REMOVE AESTHETICS!

AESTHETICS is a waste of resources.

Why did leftists impose these monstrosities on the poor of London?

hitler already let those things get build, with the intention that the ruins of them (after the end of the 1000 year reich) will still impress the shit out of people, he wanted a legacy (just like frank underwood). he wanted people to be inspired and impressed, like we are today when we stand in the remains of the colloseum (or rather watch gladiator) and get a shiver on the thought of it beeing in use. you can trust me with those insights, since im studying at the same university as albert speer lol

Now, now. Aesthetics isn't the concern of engineering, but let's not dismiss them either.

It's all about utility maximization, and if aesthetics bring joy or tourist bux, they can be argued to have value in a given application.

It was the conservatives that didn't fireproof them, because that would make construction too expensive

AESTHETICS IS NOT ENGINEERING. AESTHETICS DISCUSSION DOES NOT BELONG IN Veeky Forums.

REMOVE AESTHETICS. AESTHETICS IS A WASTE OF RESOURCES!

>t. reeeeee

I don't understand why Normies dislike Most Modern Buildings EXCEPT few building like the Sydney Opera House.

I don't understand Why Normies Love & Like so much the Sydney Opera House, a prime example of Modern Architecture.

Why Normies hates every other Modern Building EXCEPT the Sydney Opera House.

What Sydney Opera House has that make Normies love it.

What other Modern Buildings lacks that make them uglier when compared to the Sydney Opera House ?

I think Sydney Opera House may not look so jarring because it's isolated from other buildings.

This. Today OP wasn't a faggot

looks nice honestly, like a metallic plant, very organic. stop projecting your fantasies onto it. I guess this counts as deconstructionism? I don't really like the usual stuff, though I do like brutalism.

I live in Prague and i love this building. Other modern shit is gay and retarded but this one is really nice.

I like how there's only one or two people pushing Art Deco right now. I'm personally torn between Deco and Federalism as my favorite form of architecture.

DISCUSSION OF AESTHETICS DOES NOT BELONG ON Veeky Forums!

Aesthetics discussion belongs on the humanities board
>>/hm/