Book has a central female character

>book has a central female character

aaaaaaaaaand dropped

>Author is a woman.
>Decide to give her a chance.
>Author keeps trying to shoe-horn their idealistic world views into the story.

Dropped.

isn't that what almost every autor does?

>author is a woman
>book is one of the best I've ever read

Wtf why is lit wrong

Memes aside. Give me a name of one (1) good book with a female lead.
Level hard: Author can't be male

>book has a female character who's more than just eye candy and is presented as relevant to the plot
dropped

Yeah, but at least males do it right, senpai.

what do they do different that makes it "right"?

>book is about a single father battling to give his children the life they deserve

makes me hope i have kids some day

the fact that men back their ideals with logic

and women back their ideals with emotion

SHUT THE FUCK UP WOMEN ARE STUPID I CANT HEAR YOU LALALALALA

>Stupid Darcy, it's not like I like you or anything!

>he tries to meme his way out of this
did you actually think that would convince anyone?

This, user-sama. Feels before reals is the female axiom.

Could I interest you in some Jane Austen, sir? Perhaps some Bronte?

what makes logic more valuable than emotions? do you think one is "truer" than the other? what about the idea that nothing is set in stone and thus all is just a theory and nothing can really be backed up with logic and reasoning?
emotions on the other hand are something you actually experience. they might not be reasonable, not even slightly, but they are very real.

not that i think it is a good practice to base your ideology on emotions alone. but to reject an idea solely because it was emotion-based seems too easy. isn't logic emotion-based too in the end? it "feels logical" so it has to "be logical"?

Holy shit, you're a cuck.

Dropped it

frankenstein and shelly general
anything by aphra behn, elizabeth cooper, gerogette heyer, virginia woolf, shirley jackson

tell me what they did wrong

Emotions provide you with goals, but logic provides you with means to reach these goals. As a basis for describing and influencing the world, emotions are indeed inferior to logic.

I don't know, never read them. Thanks for names user

Ok, then let me rephrase that a bit. Males do it better.

I agree that some emotions are necessary, for example without the emotion of compassion all humans would be screwed.

However most emotions just appear to get in the way.
Imagine how many sins are committed due to anger, fear, sadness, and lust.
They are more of a problem than a gift, as they call upon completely irrational behavior.

I see no purpose in trying to make the world more random than it already is, so my ideal is to minimize irrational behavior.

what a wonderfull argument you got there user. mind if i save it?

that's true. but do you really think females are incapable of logic and base everything on emotions?

but all good deeds stem from emotions too.
the argument about it being random is a good one thought. since emotions are not always reasonable and probably in most cases influenced by transference.
but why would females be so much worse at this than males? isn't this just a question of being able to think for yourself? why would that be related to being male or female?

I am a man and I back my ideals with emotion.

everybody does, guess the difference is if you are able to examine those emotions and then make an educated decision on how far you want to act on them.

youre trying to talk down emotions in Veeky Forums what are you doing
if you take away emotion from literature wtf is left

i agree that rationality is important emotions can sometimes be a hinderance etc. but when gender is involved, emotions become an important part of an 'argument'. look at the suffragettes, they had to resort to irrational violence and outbursts of emotion because men (for most of history) did not listen to women because they thought women are incapable of rational thought. so they couldnt vote.

and under these circumstances, where women are in fact actually oppressed (not like the bs nowadays) its completely understandable that they would try to 'shoehorn' in their ideals it's understandable that they should get angry and its understandable that their story would include these themes. and if its done artfully (and it often is in the examples i listed anyway) i dont see a problem with it. you cant read literature without some historical context.

No it's very hard for me to deal with them logically. It is painful to consider that they might be wrong or that I might not fully meet them, and so I don't deal with them that way. Personality tests have said that I am INFP.

my god, user. you're more of a pussy than i am...
try to recognize your driving emotions and where they stem from to decide wheter to act on them or not maybe?

Jane Eyre, matey.

Are we talking about Atlas Shrugged?

No, that is too painful. I think if I don't have my ideals then I won't be me, so I'd rather be fucked up.

how can it be painfull? it's in the past already. you can face it or let it haunt you. guess which one is not the way of a pussy?

Rand is the worst author of all time

I literally can't, I just can't

Women are so fucking boring and banal. I'm no /r9k/ autist but fuck, women have literally nothing going on for them worth writing about

Cuckboi this is not how u mgtow

Made me laugh. Well memed, sir.

This.

>I'm a girl
>can't read books with a female mc
>avoid female authors like my life depends on it
>I hate this
this is my greatest secret

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>read fantasy book written by woman
>lesbians immediately

And I never read another one again

Little House on the Prairie

Laura Ingalls is good role model for young girls

Madame Bovary

>2017
>thinking emotions aren't real
>thinking only 'logic' is real
>not having read jung
>not having individuated
>not realizing that intuition will lead you to what you actually want and logic will lead you to what society tells you you should want
>not realizing that this is the ultimate red pill

Your life is and always will be bereft of spontaneity and joy, love and intimacy. May God have mercy on your soul, user.