A New Quantum Theory Predicts That The Future Might Be Influencing The Past

> A New Quantum Theory Predicts That The Future Might Be Influencing The Past

>One of the weirder aspects of quantum mechanics could be explained by an equally weird idea – that causation can run backwards in time as well as forwards.

What is this fresh autism ?

phys.org/news/2017-07-physicists-retrocausal-quantum-theory-future.html

grendz.com/pin/5242/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativity_of_simultaneity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpretations_of_quantum_mechanics#Time-symmetric_theories
youtu.be/8ORLN_KwAgs?t=50s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Future Might Be Influencing The Past
can physicists get their shit together? this is getting silly

>Theory
>Might
stop

>linking to popscience articles
Kill yourself.

Yet another *interpretation* that does not actually change the underlying math of quantum mechanics, which is basically the same for almost 100 years. Anytime you see an article like this there is a great chance it is just some pseudoscientific philosophical musings by (often) sub-par physicists and then overhyped by the media.

What is quantum mechanics exactly? Did they ever come up with any solid proof for any of the bullshit theories they claim?

For future reference, you shouldn't trust anything phys.org says. Their authors have literally just made shit up in their write-ups because they didn't want to take time to figure out what the papers are about, or even just ask the researchers. They're as bad or worse than any other pop-sci outlet

I have been publishing the same data for years and have proof on several forums. I have mentioned this multiple times on Veeky Forums too.

It's fucking obvious and I'm glad it's finally published so I can gain recognition through another's effort.

But then again I probably influenced the publisher so really I'm the mastermind.

Believe me or not, I have proof on multiple forums and date/time stamps.

Qm by itself is one of most successful scientific models ever in terms of predictive power. But everyone wants to attribute some greater meaning about our existence/reality to it.

Yes. Quantum mechanics, and its beefed up friend quantum field theory are the most accurately verified physical theories in human history. The computer you're using wouldn't exist without our understanding of QM

wow this seemed rather ill-thought out and poorly worded, but to finally get closure about the fact that QM has been misinterpreted all this time is fucking glorious. I was never going to publish so the best I could do was post on as many forums as possible and later claim credit.

It's similar to how Alfred Russel Wallace discovered evolution but Darwin was the one who gained the credit. We still remember Wallace. At least, those interested in the field do.

So are you a legitimate schizo or just shitposting pretending that people are paying attention to you?

Y'know you can't just call everybody that has an idea contrary to the mainstream a schizophrenic.

I have forum posts dating back years discussing the exact material that has just been published.

Oh and by the way, you're projecting. You are 'just shitposting pretending that people are paying attention to you'

Just a little psychology for ya. If you see it in others, you have it yourself.

>Sees a guy fucking another guy
>Calls them gay
>You're actually the gay one for projecting it; you can only see it in others if you have it yourself
How are you this retarded?

you haven't published shit you moron, your schizo ramblings aren't science or data

$100 says you don't even know any physics

>le master psychologist mind reader
holy shit you're such a textbook autist that it hurts

So amaze us with your deep insights, link to one of these forum posts so we can judge your brilliance for ourselves, or fuck off and stop making up absurd claims.

I didn't make the claims, somebody else did that for me. I'm not a scientist by profession and was never going to publish anything, so I just made a bunch of forum accounts and posted my ideas in the hope that somebody would eventually publish ideas similar to them. Now I'm a part of scientific history. You're just jelly.

What you are is a fucking moron.

here's your (You)

I'm not being ironic or shitposting, you seriously sound like you have a personality disorder

don't we all?
doesn't change the fact my ideas just got published by somebody else

Time doesn't actually exist. So, there's a bit of a problem with that popsci "theory".

spacetime exists
time is a variable in spacetime
what are you trying to say? you have to define very carefully to avoid confusion.

Look, I'm none of those anons and after reading your shit. Who cares? Whether or not you came up with it or stole it from someone or accidentally slammed your keyboard and the idea was typed out, if you didn't publish a paper or a study you won't get credit if you aren't well known.

How many people do you think could've discovered the Fibonacci numbers yet Fibonacci gets credit. Although Galileo started physics newton gets most of the credit. There's thousands of other examples in history I'm sure. With that in mind you think the ramblings of some non scientist on a forum online are going to be deemed historic? If you are a genius then I'm sorry to say your "findings" and claim will be dismissed. Especially if you can't prove it with science.

And of course this is all assuming that whatever this stupid article says is right. I haven't read or looked at it but it does seem like people just over hype QM and GR.

Tell me then, was I projecting?

except that we live in the internet age and everybody recognizes the internet as a content creation medium

that said, even just knowing that I in some way influenced or was the first 'normal' human (aliens bro) to realize something profound about the universe where all others failed including Einstein, is a pretty big pat on the back. I can live with that.

Only the present exists. There's no past, no future, no time.

If that is true, then, God, I am so proud of myself.
When I was 18 years old I made a post about this on another imageboard. I told a person future events cause the past to be the way it is, and that's why the future is the way it is. That time is like a train that can run on both directions of the rail. That time can be run backwards, and everything that has happened in a certain order, can happen in the opposite order. It's just a matter of perspective which way time is going. Since our time is one dimensional for us, there's only forwards or backwards, in infinitely different speeds. The person I was talking to couldn't even understand what I was talking about, and thought I was insane. The person said I need help. Looks like it's not me who's going to need help after all.

No.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativity_of_simultaneity

>implying that means anything
can you grab something from the future for me?

>China tries to send a sat to test quantum communications
>their rocket malfunctions and crashes

sure it's on its way

I think about this when I get high.

The way infinity is denoted is genius.
A sideways 8 indicating a meeting point in the middle.
Take a direction on either side of it and follow the path going opposite directions you'll eventually meet at the middle.
Great thought and not at all absurd.
Time can be both moving backwards and forwards at the same time. Speaking in terms of matter since it can't be destroyed, it makes sense for it to "reassemble" itself for other things to occur.

That would require me to out run a light beam. The point is, since no reference frame is preferred, what constitutes "the present" is relative to an observer. Likewise past and future.

Greg Egan's Orthogonal touched on this. In that universe, the arrow of time isn't constrained to one direction, bound by the speed of light like it is here. In such a situation, the subjective direction of time is determined by the way entropy is increasing, since that's how cognitive processes maintain your personal experience, through mechanisms that increase entropy. At one point the characters end up on a time reversed planet and they can see their footsteps filling in as they walk along. They're still able to walk outside their tracks, but them actually doing so is as unlikely as you walking in your own footsteps (as etched by natural processes as a result of sheer luck) on a typical planet and having them fill in afterward, as that's exactly what's happening from the frame of the planet. Great series.

So this dude talked abut this the attractor at the end of time and how causation propagates backward through time. And I was like yeah sure interesting theory. But he might have been right?

Retrocausality makes more sense than the spooky action at a distance.

That said, I can't much see how it matters or any way to prove one way or another.

Even if you have a good, if vague idea, if you can only blubber nonsense about it doesn't mean a damn thing. You're being proud of being a dumbass.

Time exists, but it's just another dimension of space. We live in a thesseract. Every single instant of this Universe is a three dimensional Universe of its own, separate from the next and the previous, frozen in that instant forever. Think of it like one of those old film rolls. There are many two dimensional images, and they make it seem like there is a dimension of time when played in a certain order. If you cut the film roll frame by frame, and pile up the frames, you'll see how the two dimensional images make up a three dimensional space.

It's been around for 40y

A time-symmetric formulation of quantum mechanics
www.tau.ac.il/~yakir/yahp/yh171.pdf

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpretations_of_quantum_mechanics#Time-symmetric_theories

>everyone wants to attribute some greater meaning about our existence/reality to it
Because results like OP undermine the current views on existence/reality.

But the Quantum Eraser experiment already proved this years ago.

If it's true, then you could create an experiment where the measurement device follows a pre determined path. Then it follows that since we know where the measurement device will be sometime in the future, retrocausally affecting some qm system, then we should know the system before the measurement is even moved. If this theory is correct, we could collapse the wave function of a particle without even having to measure it. This would break qm because we could potentially observe energy mass conservation breaking.

>You're the only person who could have logically deduced a correct or possible answer about mathematics concepts you dont fully understand

People make stock predictions based on feelings all the time. Some win, some lose.

Retro causality is spooky action at a duration.

Anyone know something about "timecrystals"?

phys.org is the exact opposite of a popsci website.

it's not an academic journal

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past"

Who controls ur mom controls her ass...

Serioulsy, can we all agree that all this quantum theory is just an adaptation and construction of our own,and that we are still trying to understand it?

An equal opposite to future events decided now?

Neither are most academic journals anymore

Dominant future feedback ?

It's a state of matter which is never in thermal equilibrium, giving its ground state a non-zero energy. The crystal essentially rotates between unstable states, conserving energy through the process. Compared to a normal crystal which stays the same over time (keeping time translation symmetry), a time crystal does not (making it time translation symmetry breaking).

Why three dimensioms in each "universe" and not more or less?

The theory user described is fundamentally 100% determinist. The basics of it is that time is a fourth spatial dimension. As such, each point is associated with a 3 dimensional 'universe'.
For ease of understanding, consider a function f(x(t),y(t),z(t)). Each point of t has an associated vector of the three dimensions. Whilst each point of t can be considered as having a seperate vector, every vector generated must have the same three dimensions.

From how I see it though, the theory has a few issues, as it assumes a 100% determinist universe. It also assumes that there is a fixed frame of reference for events, which conflicts with the relativity of simultaneity.

There is a source on the bottom of the page, if you stopped being obnoxious you'd have noticed.

Holy shit.

I'm pretty sure browsing this board is just making me stupider

youtu.be/8ORLN_KwAgs?t=50s

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''time''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' does not exist. All that exists is space and matter. What you call time is merely the view of motion of objects traveling through space. It does not exist as a dimension.

>new
this ideas been going around for literally decades

That's only because of this thread though :^)

I see what you did there, you magnificent bastard.

Both space and time are emergent features of entanglement.