I want to learn things at a Macroscopic level. I don't care about atoms, or cells, or black holes...

I want to learn things at a Macroscopic level. I don't care about atoms, or cells, or black holes, or anything I can't see with the human eye. I don't care about the sun's size, its distance, its power, or whether or not it revolves around the Earth; I just need to know that it rises in the east and sets in the west.

This applies for animals, chemicals, technology, etc.

What're some things that deal with this? Not understanding /why/ things do what they do, but just /what/ things do.

there is no why. all you mentioned is the what, the nitty gritty details of how things work.

what you want is some shitty simplified popsci that makes you feel good about yourself and requires no effort. just read whatever popsci book is on fashion nowadays I guess

I'm not asking for a book on explanations, I'm asking for a book on observations.

Instead of having a book that tells me that lightning is made up of tiny particles that can't be seen with the human eye, where can I find a book that just tells me what the bright flashing light in the sky is called, what happens if it strikes glass, you, or a nearby tree, how to attract it, and how to avoid it?

Take your favourite subject and look for journals/textbooks with the word "Applied" in the title.

I'd suggest you make an exception for the theory of statistics, so you don't end up drawing unwarranted conclusions from the stuff you read.

so you want a book about stuff that doesn't actually explain them

uhhh no

maybe some book for children?

Lol you just want books for technicians and such. For example a book on weather for a sailor will tell you what you want to know about lightning. They may have a theory section or two but you can safely skip them. Basically this

thats what i said in the op post you thick fucking moron im not looking for explanations

thnx lads

this post best post
It's a bit of an edge case, but mechanical engineering sounds like your speed too.

You're welcome and don't let fags treat you badly just because you're not interested in the inner workings of things. For example an engineer may tell you about the shape of a hull to keep stability in rough seas, but he won't be able to keep that ship straight in practice. Knowing about the practical, more tangible side of things is a very valuable skill.

youre looking for a book of EXPERIMENTS
go to a college and buy a lab manual

or Asimov's science and technology or w/e

one day........you will see the black hole with your own eye, if you keep thinking your way, and thinking and integrating information!

i'm gonna hang around in thread & post. i found this white material (perhaps cotton), that when burned, spread rapidly. I found a synthetic mossy thing with seeming wood chips in it. didn't burn. I found a polyester? thing and burned it, it became brittle. a traffic orange light plastic protecter burns in my lighter. go get the kosmo's and thames 3000. get to work. make sure not to go to a California public university, for they use electronic lab equipment (the dumbasses).

Wildlife. Have fun counting birds and looking a dogshit.

aluminum can, I once threw in fire. I leaned over the fire and breathed it in as long as I could. didn't pass out. it turned into a grandpa's old gray face
engineering. if you place a helicopter on the center of gravity of a building during an earthquake, you may have stabilized the building

sulfer undergoes a chemical reaction when heated in air (toxic)
give me your address, tomorrow i'l send u Asimov's to 1988

if u have an acid on ur body, neutralize with base.
litmus paper
drop a battery into water (decomposition)

it doesn't have the torsion balance.

PERFECT book for you
i'll type up a couple entries, it also has garbage

Nuclear Reactor
Szilard's notion of a nuclear chain reaction (see 1939) could not be made practical. Once the Manhattan Project had been put in motion....Urnium and uranium oxide were piled up in combination with graphite blocks in a structure called an atomic pile. Neutrons colliding with the carbon atoms in graphite did not affect the carbon nuclei but bounced off, giving up their energy and moving more slowely as a result, thus increasing their chance of reaction with uranium-235
making the pile as large as possible made it more likely that neutrons would strike uranium 245 befor blurndering out of the pile altogether and into open air. the necessary size was the critical mass. natural, the more enriched in uranum 235 the pile was the smaller the critical mass needed to be. Cadmium rods were inserted into the ile because cadmium would soak up neutrons and keep the pile from becoming active prematurely. When the pile was large enough, the cadmium rods were slowly withdrawn and the number of neutrons produced slowly increased. at some point the increase would reach the level where more were being produced than being harmlessly consumed by the cadmium. at that time the nuclear chain reaction would begin and the whole thing would go out of control in a moment. it idn't, delayed neutrons. paused. cadmium rods shoved in...
The first good one:COPPER 4000B.C.
SHiny heavier than ordinary pebbles. didn't break under hammer, but distorted. rare copper silver gold inert. silver, light yellow tends to darken with time, gold heaviest, most inert. copper redish turn green. copper ore under fire in wood would combine with oxygen to orm gas carbon dioxide which escapes leaving metallic copper. not easily blunted.
u want warm superconductivity (1987)?
if u didn't understand u read from the oldest discovery

i'mma go smoke brb

see gas, spark, & liquid chamber for neutron bombardment proof?sorry

>Instead of having a book that tells me that lightning is made up of tiny particles
is how you understand how lightening works and can know what will happen if
>it strikes glass, you, or a nearby tree, how to attract it, and how to avoid it?

first step

but they've photographed the electron
so work up to that