Going to try Shake Shack™ for the first time tomorrow. What should I get?

Going to try Shake Shack™ for the first time tomorrow. What should I get?

Here's the menu of the one I'm going to for reference.

Kill yourself faggot who cares

Shake Shack is the most overrated burger in NYC.

The only burger-like thing they have that's legitimately good is the Portobello burger (which has a deep fried mushroom cap filled w cheese).

Their Concretes are good too but, the burger is a huge disappointment. You can get much, much better at countless places in the city (e.g., the OG Corner Bistro location)

What if OP isn't in New York though?

He should still find a better burger, rather than be disappointed by this shit.

This is in center city, Philadelphia.

I'm confused by the description of the 'Shroom burger here. Is there even beef or is it a patty made of mushroom?

Also I'm more in it for the shake than the burger.

Get a vanilla malted.

Get out of my city please kill yourself tourists not welcome

shake shack is about the platonic ideal of a fast food burger. it is by far the best non-gourmet burger you will get, despite it approaching $10

my order is a double smoke shack with fries. if you want more food, make it a single and add in a concrete or the shake of the month if it appeals to you.

the shroom burger is one big mushroom cap. no meat.

it's pretty fucking good man, i just hate their fries. fuck crinkle cuts. don't tel me you like five guys better

They went away from the crinkle cut for a year and everyone hated it. Crinkle cut won

It's not bad just expensive like all hipster shit, tried it once and enjoyed it but never felt the need to go back

Pooch-ini

The shroom burger is two portabello mushrooms with cheese in a deep fries mass. Get the shack stack, which has that + a beef patty. If you want a heavier meal, you can order a double shack stack, which has the shroom burger between two beef patties. It's not on the menu but they can ring it up and it's not much more. I'd recommend that.

Their fries are mediocre, but the cheese sauce is good. You can order sauce on the side to get a cup of cheese sauce to dip in if you want. I prefer it like that.

yeah because they're all babies and afraid of change.

I like the fried mushroom AND the burger, Shake Stack, get that one. It has oozy cheese and really the primary reason why their burgers are worth ordering. Shack sauce is pretty much a seasoned mayo, has a touch of ketchup, mustard, pickle in there, more remoulade than big mac sauce.

If you're really hungry and actually enjoy a chicago dog, their dog is spot on.

Fries are standard fare, nothing offensive nor unique, maybe even skippable and the portion is not large. if you go for a shake or 2nd sandwich like the sausage chicken, I'd skip fries for a dog.

Check their concrete or seasonal shake flavor of the day and order your favorite to go if you're going to dine in with a good Abita Root Beer, beer or iced tea. Stumptown is yucky iced coffee, stay away.

I have one opening up down the street from me (Vegas) and I wasn't all that enthused, but this looks really good. I'll remember the recommended order.

I always crave a good burger, so I hope the place holds up. I don't like shakes or anything though, so I'm assuming I'm going to end up disappointed.

fuck all that 'organic' and 'all natural' shit. but the vegan chicken nuggets/vegan steak on the other hand....superb

waiting on line for an hour to get a $15 fast food burger and fries

I'm pretty indifferent to their shakes. They used to do different specialty frozen custard flavors every month, which meant every few months they'd have a flavor that really appealed to me, though. But I guess that got too complicated with 129 locations now, so early this year they started doing seasonal flavors. Just three options for months at a time, and so on they've been pretty generic flavors.

Their fresh fries were okay, just pricy. The only reason to get fries at Shake Shack is cheese fries, and it just didn't work with the fresh fries they made.

Also, don't bother with the bacon. $1.55 extra for a few slices of really mediocre bacon. It's a real shame, too, because they could definitely get better meat, especially for the price.

That only ever happened in the original location and a few other high traffic ones (Penn Station, probably airports / ballpark), but I don't think the original location is as bad anymore. There's just so many others, and you can order on the app now. Pic is the line right now. No one even there.

the original location is bad when they roll out a special burger

I think they did a tie-in with daniel boulud or someone like that last year, the line snaked around the park a few times and they had TV crews

there was also a cronut shake which was a one-day only thing, when the cronut craze was still going strong. that was not a good day to go to shake shack

>patty made of mushroom?
The fried shroom whether you get it alone as your vegetarian sandwich option, or you combine it with the burger (which you should) is like the equivalent of a big circle of fried mozzarella stick, good crispy breadcrumbs and oozy soft cheese inside, but it's a cheese stuffed portabella mushroom, so it's like delicious fried mushrooms appetizer level of fried cheese (which I believe is colby jack).

MUST ORDER it in your burger as a Shake Stack, if you're a mushroom lover, as I am. It's literally the only reason I'd choose a Shake Shake vs other options in any given situation to choose a restaurant A vs restaurant B while traveling.

Yeah, I went a couple times that week. They had five different chef collabs. The wait sucks but that's not exclusive to Shake Shack. That's anything where an item is one-day-only. If you wanted just a regular burger, there are two locations 10 blocks north.

>Crinkle cut fries
This tells me all I need to know about their judgment. Dropped

When you go in, tell the waiter you're meeting some friends who already have a table. Act like you can see them, and walk past. Do not sit down. Continue on towards the back of the restaurant. You'll probably see a closet marked employees only, or maybe it's unmarked. Wait until nobody is looking, or you'll ruin your order. Open the door, and check that it looks like it is full of cleaning supplies. If it is, step inside, and shut the door behind you. You do not want to be disturbed during your feast. Towards the bottom of the closet there will be white bottles on the ground. They will probably read "Clorox" on the side. Pick one up. Crack it open, inhale deeply. Put the threaded rim of the jug to your lips, and glut yourself on tasty, delicious bleach.

I only really like the shackBurger everything else is okay.