Is qdoba underrated? I just found them recently and I may never go back to moe's or chipotle again

Is qdoba underrated? I just found them recently and I may never go back to moe's or chipotle again.

They're still better than Chipotle, but I liked them before the rebranding. None of their specialty tacos are any good.

They deserve more business simply from the fact that treat guacamole as something standard instead of something worth paying an extra 2 bucks for.

I used to work there during college. Pretty good food, and it was just plain enough I never got tired of it.

It's great. Def underrated.
[spoiler] That said one night I ate it and then got piss drunk and threw it up all that night. Now I can't eat there ever again because I have a Nam flash back every time I walk in there.

When it opened near us I'd eat there on break from work, but this was about 8 years ago and the management has changed and it's meh now. We have moes now too, but moes feels really gimmicky.

I loved Qdoba for quite a while, but several years back, they took the barbecue sauce off their menu, which meant no more barbecue burritos. I stopped going after that. I drove by where it used to be last month and it was gone, went out of business.

So yeah, pretty lackluster without that sauce man.

OP, I'd say my ranking among the chains would be:
Baja Fresh > Chipotle > Qdoba > Freebirds > Moes

But there will likely be something local, a best tacqueria doing something awesome or even gourmet like huitlacoche tacos, traditional soups, or really good queso fundido, or even a local chain that tops them all. In Miami (fast casual so not even going to mention a nation chain like Rosa Mexicano), Mendoza's made delectable skirt steak tacos to order, plus a great salsa bar. Ernesto's is known for their late night crowds at every hour, and great pickled onions and jalapenos. Lime Fresh is all over and really good use of lime flavors, excellent selection of salads, catering to the low carb crowd as well as the cutting kind of diet and located near gyms often, and key lime pie (desserts often lacking in mexican fast casual).
But if you're lucky, you will have a bakery/market that has a lunch counter with some amazing cook doing some sandwiches or tacos to order. That's where you dine. A place only mexican lawn crews do their lunch breaks at where families shop and then feed the kids all at once. Get looking! And, then enjoy a good aqua fresca and a paleta dessert with your tacos.

Qdoba is worse than moes and chipotle. The only reason people around here go is because they're open late as fuck so it's the only place to get a decent burrito at 1am.

Qdoba is better than chipotle, especially because you can ask them to just glob on properly hot sauces and they'll do it, but it's still pretty rice-heavy

Their loaded tortilla soup is my crack cocaine.

My issue with most of these places is an overchopped overseasoned chicken or steak. It's just like bad taco seasoning just coating it all.

In the case of Moe's, they're using salsa recipes from the 1970s, back in the day people used to dump chili powder and cumin into pico de gallo because they were ignoramuses. Carry on... I know my parents won't even eat there because of that shouting nonsense that draws attention when you walk in the door. And, seeing funky psychadelic grateful dead artwork, the counterculture to people who didn't drop out and do drugs and subsequently have disposable income in their 60s, they're just not buying the "cool" factor. It's gimmick to them.

Look at the garbage they dump on the steak in the graphic in this website. A mexican might be adding Tajin, which is three ingredients: salt, chili and lime.

Non organic, frozen product.

They aren't better than chipotle, you just have shitty taste.

Chipotle is all organic, never frozen and sourced within 300 miles of possible

But Qdoba taste better and doesn't make you sick

>doesn't make you sick
Sounds like you just have a weak immune system.

This. The meat at all these "fast casual" burrito places is normally pretty terrible while they try and claim how "organic" or "grass fed" it is.
Might as well just go to taco bell where they don't even try and bullshit about their meat being mostly soy product.
If I absolutely have to go to these places if the burrito truck is not open I'll just go to chipotle and get the barbacoa. It's the only decent thing on the menu.

>hidden sources of MSG and GMO's

Qdoba is so much worse than Chipotle, which makes no sense because they should be exactly the same, but somehow Qdoba is always disappointing

>no free chips with order
never again

I've only been there once and I remember the burrito must have been small, because I sat down and had completely finished my burrito before my friend finished paying and sat at the table

This. I live in Milwaukee of all places, but the local El Rey stores and food trucks make living on the South side worth it.

You're joking right? The Q'dobas near me always serve massive burritos.

Is kind of imposible to generalize all the dishes from different regions of México. One of the few dishes that exist in all Mexico is the taco. But it become very different from region to region.
I can say without a doubt that this QDOBA is not Mexican food.
Also we don't eat chipotle very often.

All these chains get btfo by even meh tier local taquerias from my experience. Not sure why you'd ever bother unless you were literally so flyover that you don't even have a local taqueria.

>bragging about being Californian

literally any moderate sized town in the us has a taqueria in 2017

Mexico directly borders three states and the food is available nationwide

I inhaled it in no kidding like 30 seconds
I paid, sat down, my friend was behind me on the line and I finished before she even got to the table and she said "wheres your burrito?"
uhh..inside my body

>No salsaritas

>Non organic, frozen product.

Organic has no effect on taste and frozen usually doesn't depending on the ingredient. That E. coli and hepatitis is organic so it has to be good for you.

>food babe
Is that the dumb bitch that claimed microwaves generate some kind of evil dark magic crystals? Everything she says is wrong.

Anyways, if I want fast food shit in a tortilla I'll go to Taco Bell or a real Mexican restaurant/taco truck. Everything else is a waste of money.

Qdoba is overrated if anything. They're shittier than Moe's, hell they're even shittier than my college's cafeteria taco joint. The worse offender is that their queso is worse than store-bought microwavable garbage and you don't even get it free with your food

Qdoba basically the same as Moe's except the latter has free chips and amazing salsa. Chipotle is easily the worst.

its almost like MSG occurs naturally in some foods and the reality is that its just a salt

Nope. Moes is better in every way. More toppings to choose from, better quality queso and guac, free chips and salsa with every meal (as it should be)... there is literally no reason to choose Chipotle or Qdoba over Moe's.

Eastern Yurop here, how do you eat those without having it falling all over the place?

You get a fork for any toppings that fall out. Or just get nachos instead, since they're basically the same thing.

Oh. I thought you were supposed to eat it like a hot dog.

You do, but there's always a few toppings that fall on the plate.

That's silly. The burrita seems like a better design.

My man.

Okay but free queso? And the queso tastes way better. The chicken tastes fresher too imo.