I want to learn more about Cannabis

I want to find as many official reports about the medicinal benefits of Cannabis products.

- How does it affect people who do not use it for medical problems, compared to those who do?
- I'm specifically interested in the effects it has on the brain and cancer.
-How many cannabis users get cancer or other illnesses in comparison to those who do not.
-Could cannabis extracts/compounds be infused with other substances for a different form of treatment for whatever illness. Im speaking of pharmaceuticals and other naturally grown substances.

Can you guys help me out by posting OFFICIAL reports and studies.

Other urls found in this thread:

herb.com/guzman.pdf
nature.com/nm/journal/v23/n6/full/nm.4311.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
current-oncology.com/index.php/oncology/article/view/3080/2086
jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/332/2/336
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278584615001190
who.int/medicines/access/controlled-substances/6_2_cannabis_update.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It actually does turn you gay, but only because it makes you horny AND lethargic, resulting in a womanly submissive mindset.

I have experienced similar things, but I don't mind. I'm more interested in the bodies health.

body's health*

just google it, no one has a bunch of pro marijuana article list on their computer. If you wanna smoke pot just do it fag

already smoke daily. thing is its very difficult to find reports because of government regulations. I need help searching, thats why I'm here.

>medicinal benefits

it gives you schizophrenia so you can kill yourself sooner

DUDE WEEDS LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it helps you piss off the entire world by existing while you don't give a shit.
/pol/ probably smokes it

>Can you guys help me out by posting OFFICIAL reports and studies.

US patent #6630507
google the phrase "all the rats left untreated"
Manuel Guzman is one of the PhDs to look for in published journal articles.
>pic related

thank you so much.

>I only want to learn about the good side of the story!

DUDE WEED at it's finest

Enjoy at the very least perpetuating drug culture

>be poltard
>see thread about weed on another board
>feel the compulsive need to push my retarded social views on everyone inside it
Yeah, nobody should ever research the many medical benefits of marijuana use

Well no, because that's 100% biased and that makes it more /pol/ than any part of my post. Good one. Ur cb1 is rlly fierng now huh?

Only boring losers are against weed.

Idk mang, weed doesn't do it for me. After the initial "i'm cool for doing something illegal" phase, weed isn't as fun as alcohol.

weed should be mandatory.
All the air inside classrooms, homes and eateries should be filled with smoke from weed.
Everyone needs those medical benefits and should be under the influence of that smoke.
Parents should give their newborns weed from the day they are born till the day they die

1. Do you drink alcohol?
2. Do you think people should be forced to drink it?

I just refuted your stupid statement.

>1. Do you drink alcohol?
no
>2. Do you think people should be forced to drink it?
yeah all non-muslim people should be drunk 100% of the time

the question is rhetorical and i didn't expect you to answer it, but you understand what Im saying. The irony.

I don't have any studies I can upload or link to at the moment but I would recommend hash church on youtube. they are live sundays around noon est. They frequently mention studies and there are people in the chat that can help give you links if you ask. If this is thread is still up when I find my collection I will get back to you.

I will definitely look into it, thanks for the share.

Alcohol is being researched now but I doubt it has many benefits
I just want everyone to hate drugs as much as I do.

Heres how I see it. Everything on this planet interacts with our bodies to some extent. Certain things have benefits and other do not. Most of these things lay somewhere in-between. For example, processed sugars are obviously bad for you in the long term, yet millions eat that stuff evert day. The problem is people do not understand what is in a substance and how it will affect your body. They make their decisions based off what laws are passed or whatever social stigmas are current.
But they are nonetheless just substances that exist. I think the term "drug" makes just about anything seem inherently bad.

If the government banned tea, people would start to think tea is bad for you and start a movement.

>t. doesn't realise that the only reason he has the illusion of a consciousness is because of drugs produced in your brain

+1

are you fucking serious? complete normie detected. thc is very much psychoactive and triggers the fuck out of my psychotic illness

Just like any other "drug" used for recreation or medicinal purposes, its not for everyone.

Just because your body and mind does not accept it, does not mean other people don't. In the end, its what the majority of the country wants. Cannabis is being researched and understood much better than a few decades ago, and for that reason people have been able to be more informed about it, finally coming to a realization that it really isn't as bad as it may have seemed.

which is why we should only look for the benefits of certain substances and parrot them as loudly and often as possible right.

>tfw smoked weed for 10 years but i still dont get these retard weedheads

dude weed lmao

no fucking shit, i didn't say any of that. that guy (you?) just dismissed a legitimate criticism as 'dude /pol/ lmao'

No. We need to look for everything. So far, Cannabis seems A-Ok for human health.

>it makes my fucked up brain fuck up a little more so nobody should be allowed to use it
Liberals get the fuck out

OP here, these are all my posts if you'd like to know.

OP here, could you send a higher resolution image of just the images if possible? I want to further investigate those references but they are difficult to read.

your google-fu is weak user
Here is the link to the PDF
herb.com/guzman.pdf

here is an interesting study on the effects of cannabinoids on aging brains titled
A chronic low dose of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) restores cognitive function in old mice
found here;
nature.com/nm/journal/v23/n6/full/nm.4311.html

keep the thread alive and ask questions, I'll help if I can.

I-is that a dick?

see thats why we need the race and iq threads, because you faggots are insufferable when it comes to dissent

i feel like you're baiting anyway but i hope you haven't been smoking daily for more than a while because the voices will come, user.

>the voices will come,
I'm not here to tell you cannabis is harmless.
I will tell you that it certainly does have some very real and interesting medicinal qualities.
There is much real science behind these claims if you care to look
otherwise just swallow the pharmaceutical jew like the rest of the sheep.

The entire thread is built on the false premise that cannabis is a miracle substance and OP is looking for science that isn't there because it wouldn't make sense for it to be.

Endocannabinoids, weed does what endocannabinoids do because that's how its molecular structure is. It's good for palliative care, as stated above, because it works like endocannabinoids do, it works for glaucoma too. It doesn't cure cancer, it doesn't help you mentally, it fucks your shit up mentally because its interfering with your mesolimbic pathways and limbic system in ways that are not healthy. Big pharma might be jews but people are getting jewed even harder by clinging to the belief that weed is harmless when this couldn't be further from the truth.

We need race and IQ threads so people can post "DUDE WEED LMAO" in a real science thread about marijuana? Yeah, why don't you go back to /pol/ with those "arguments"

>weed giving you schizophrenia isn't real science

jojo, this is the last of my (you)s

Please indicate where I said that
But just for fun:
>"But what is also clear, if you do have a vulnerability to schizophrenia and you smoke [cannabis]," Volkow says, "it's likely to trigger an episode. It's likely to advance the [disease]."
It doesn't give you schizophrenia, but it can advance it if you already have it. I don't expect a poltard to understand the difference between the two though

DUDE

I wrote that weed gives you schizophrenia and I was dismissed back to /pol/ as if it's illegitimate, stop being deliberately obtuse.

Schizophrenia is more complex than that. You can have a certain predisposition, one of a few associated with schizophrenia and still not develop it. On average 1% of people will suffer with some form of schizophrenia throughout their lives. An 18-year-old that smokes regularly has a five times higher chance of getting it and a 15-year-old has a ten times higher chance. This is for schizophrenia. Don't get me started on psychosis.

It even says it in the quote, you probably aren't illiterate so it's obvious that you're trolling me but I hope someone reads my post and reconsiders his accepted notion of muh harmless weed.

Heavy marijuana in those, who due to genetic and many other factors, are already at risk of developing psychosis or schizophrenia increases the chance of producing symptoms. That doesn't justify your scaremongering and saying "WEED GIVES YOU SCHIZOPHRENIA LOL" In terms of risk factors for any recreational drug, marijuana is as low as it gets

idk man when I drive and smoke a blunt I feel so much more awake and paranoid

than when im 10 shots of jager in and driving.

on weed im just more paranoid that the cop spots me smoking something and pulls me over

on 10 shots of jager I know there is no way I will be pulled over unless im driving in the middle lane

My mom had cancer from drinking (which is legal for some reason...) and then she smoked weed and it was gone. .

there is no way it was gone from smoking weed, she was taking pills for sure

>It doesn't cure cancer,
Manuel Guzman PhD says otherwise user, obviously you haven't read any of the links provided so I'lll help a bit
>Cannabinoids — the active components of Cannabis sativa and their derivatives — exert palliative effects in cancer patients by preventing nausea, vomiting and pain and by stimulating appetite. In addition, these compounds have been shown to inhibit the growth of tumour cells in culture and animal models by modulating key cell-signalling pathways.
>shown to inhibit the growth of tumour cells

Look up what the word apoptosis means and how it relates to cannabinoids.
>Cannabinoids inhibit tumour growth in laboratory animals. They do so by modulating key cell-signalling pathways, thereby inducing direct growth arrest and
death of tumour cells, as well as by inhibiting tumour angiogenesis and metastasis.
>Cannabinoids are selective antitumour compounds, as they can kill tumour cells without affecting their non-transformed counterparts. It is probable that cannabinoid receptors regulate cell-survival and cell-death pathways differently in tumour and non-tumour cells.

these are quotes from the paper titled
CANNABINOIDS: POTENTIAL ANTICANCER AGENTS by Guzman M. wrtitten in 2003 and cited more than 500 times.
>pic related

Weed doesnt kill your body, it kills your motivation to better yourself in life whether to exercise and have a six pack to attract mates or to research something nobel prize worthy

ppl get stuck in the cycle of smoking weed because they see wiz khalifa and future do it

>It doesn't give you schizophrenia, but it can advance it if you already have it.
i would love to see the source of this, which is impossible to know, but maybe you can blow my mind

also pic related

poop wrong one
This is the image i ment to post.

>it kills your motivation
it certainly seems to do just that with some people. I'm not so sure it's completely weed's fault tho user. I truly believe that lack of social and economic opportunity is also a factor in the observed lack of motivation, drive, ambition seen in chronic users.
I use it because it helps with my pain and my depression. It helps me motivate and get things done. It does interfere with memory to a small extent but not as bad as depression fucks with it.
I just get sick of the reefer madness bullshit. If you actually look at the science you'll find it's not without merit as a medicine. But like all things it can be abused.

>I'm not so sure it's completely weed's fault tho user. I truly believe that lack of social and economic opportunity is also a factor in the observed lack of motivation, drive, ambition seen in chronic users.
sorry but it's completely weeds fault.
A weed smoker will be motivated and then after he's smoked his joint, he will be a lazy shit

>weed turns you gay
rly nigga?

List of bad things:
-Cognitive defects over time
-Retarded growth of young brains
-Schizofrenia development over time
-Anxiety and paranoia development
List of good things:
-Cures rat cancer (it seems)

Are you fags gonna deny these facts? hehe
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ All of the research can be found here.

OP here, Im back. Weed for me gets me thinking. It fits so perfectly with my mental state because it allows me to process thoughts in a creative way.

I make music as a hobby now because of weed. Before I started smoking, I didn't have the creative touch that I feel I have now. It allows me separate instruments and sounds, I can really feel everything.

I do a lot of meta analysis about life, existence, and myself when I smoke. I've learned so much because of weed and its opened a completely new perspective to life that was previously inconceivable.

Weed is not for everyone, and everyone should not feel inclined to use it.

As biased as my argument may be, I do think weed is next to harmless if you know how to handle it mentally and physically.

Yes, yes it justifies it because most people are morons that self-medicate with drugs or have a history of mental illness in the family and still use it. Furthermore you have no way of knowing how those risk factors will play together. One of the most significant predictors of schizophrenia is the single nucleotide polymorphism of the COMT-Gene that codes for an enzyme that is expressed in various areas of the brain. Do you think the average stoner knows which alleles they have? Do you think they even care?

>In terms of risk factors for any recreational drug, marijuana is as low as it gets
Again, more complex. Heroin fucks you up in a lot of direct ways. Regular weed use is more subtle about it but it definitely affects your brain development and changes you as a person.

I just read the article, on herb.com no less. If you look closer into the specifics you will see that the anti-cancer mechanisms that are presented are a mish-mash of 'works-doesn't work'. It's obvious that further research is warranted and I see promise, obviously, the guy laid it out comprehensibly. You do realize however, that you need targeted therapy and smoking weed won't cure your cancer, right? That's my problem with this thread. It's THC that has promise, not weed and stoners justify their behavior by going 'lmao dude it cures cancer'.

also to extend off that, It is in the end, the individuals responsibility to make sure they are able to sustain a lifestyle that they want. If weed gets in the way of your personal goals and happiness, then maybe its time to take a break or quit.

>I wanna find ways to justify my weed abuse

Tell me user, what sorts of drugs do you take. Also don't bullshit me with a "no" answer because you know thats not true. Alcohol. Xanax, Adderall, hydrocodone, Tylenol, Oxycodone, etc.

These are all drugs that millions of Americans use every day. Yet people think weed is bad in comparison.

>not saying weed doesn't have its cons, but they are definitely less than what I have listed above.

>smoking weed won't cure your cancer
there we can agree, the levels of cannabinoids needed in the bloodstream cannot be reached by smoking.
Guzman has been studying the anti cancer effects of cannibinoids since the 1970s. The paper you were looking at is from 2003, that's 14 years ago and a few things have been learned since then about the
>anti-cancer mechanisms that are presented are a mish-mash of 'works-doesn't work'
If you actually look at Guzman's more recent work and some of the papers that cited Guzman you'll find that there is little doubt that cannibinoids are quite good at killing cancer cells while being relatively non-toxic to healthy cells. As I mentioned above cannibinoids induce apoptosis in damaged cells.

just so people know, "APOPTOSIS" means the naturally programmed death of cells. Cancer cells on the other hand seem to have trouble dying.

You misunderstand. I don't think weed is particularily harmful.

I use caffeine and alcohol, but I don't try to justify it in any way. I just accept that I do it because I like it. You should do the same.

I gotcha, but I justify it because thats my life. It works just fine for me. i have many friends, live comfortably within my own means, and I am working on a multitude of projects amongst business, hobbies, and and self learning.

I would argue that weed has brought more opportunity and happiness to me than I expected.

but again, its not for everyone

The most recent one I can find lists the same stuff that he has observed in his 2003 study but it also lists the ways that cannabinoids have actually made tumors more aggressive.

current-oncology.com/index.php/oncology/article/view/3080/2086
It's the fifth paragraph of the introduction. Now that's a more complicated predicament and the definitive answer to 'does thc cure cancer' is 'no, not really, sometimes, probably, to an extent.'

I can't just ignore half of the studies and say that it's a miracle drug. Just to be clear, again, my replies about schizophrenia and weed being bad are strictly applied to smoking weed, not THC research.

yup

something a bit more recent
>Over past years, the antitumorigenic effects of cannabinoids have emerged as an exciting field in cancer research. Apart from their proapoptotic and antiproliferative action, recent research has shown that cannabinoids may likewise affect tumor cell angiogenesis, migration, invasion, adhesion, and metastasization.
from
>Antitumorigenic Effects of Cannabinoids beyond Apoptosis by Nadine Freimuth, Robert Ramer and Burkhard Hinz
>Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics February 2010, 332
>jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/332/2/336

> The endocannabinoid system may play a dual role on the regulation of tumor generation and progression.
> Administration of THC and other cannabinoids exert anticancer actions in animal models of cancer.
> THC and other cannabinoid receptor-ligands induce cancer cell death and inhibit tumor angiogenesis.
> Cannabinoids enhance the anticancer activity of other antineoplastic agents in animal models of cancer.
> Cannabinoids are currently being tested as anticancer agents in phase I/II clinical studies.

from
>The use of cannabinoids as anticancer agents
>GuillermoVelasco, SoniaHernández-Tiedra, DavidDávila, MarLorente
>Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry Volume 64, 4 January 2016, Pages 259-266
>sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278584615001190

This tangent of mine is intended for everyone

thats fair, but why is smoking weed necessarily a bad thing. If its the people or culture you don't like, then don't interact with them. You can say that about literally anything.

There are so many uniquely different people in this world that its pointless to spend time judging people based on their life decisions. Everyone disagrees with you at some point anyways.

Focus on yourself, but also try to understand where the other side is coming from. I feel as if nowadays most people only think about themselves in ignorance.

There are stoners that I do not associate with, but then there are also stoners (such as myself) that work together towards success in their own means.

Im as interested in the research as I am the experience. I value it so much because it makes me wiser and more understanding every day.

No, that's not how it works. The public opinion is that weed is harmless. Children hear this, I know because I was one of them, and they think nothing of it. You can't just 'not interact' with those people because the viewpoint that they have is scientifically wrong and has led to young adults throwing away their potential because they keep hearing that the evil government has made this harmless plant illegal and nothing will happen to their developing brain if they flood it with THC.

The post directly below mine lists all the benefits of THC completely ignoring the negative effects that are clearly described in my link. This kind of thinking is akin to how heroin was treated in the 20s.

who.int/medicines/access/controlled-substances/6_2_cannabis_update.pdf
Neatly stated, I suggest you read it. I don't care if you do drugs or if you get a valuable experience out of it, I'm asking you not to push this false narrative that hurts people.

I feel you, and I do consider everything you just said. I just believe that it has more of benefit to society than not. That begins with growing an understanding of what it is in the first place. The truth is that the public is completely mislead for the most part. I don't go out in public and preach what I'm typing right now, but I will do it in a thread where people intentionally decided to join a discussion on Marijuana.

I believe legalization would help Financially/Economically, Medically, and Scientifically.
I certainly do not believe that anyone under the age of 21 should be able to smoke.