I desperately need help Veeky Forums

I desperately need help Veeky Forums

Sorry for so much text.

I come from the land of Slovakia (shithole of middle Europe) and the education system here sucks ass. You didn't get to pick whatever you want to learn, you have a fixed schedule like every other kid in the class. All students are supposed to be learning the same stuff at the same speed.

This has left my knowledge of mathematics very unbalanced and full of dents. There are fields of high school math where I could easily score A+ on a test while I just couldn't understand some other fields.

I wouldn't really care, but physics is my passion. I could not imagine my life without physics. I don't have problems with physics itself, but the complex math behind it is a totally different story. Before I graduate from high school, I want to catch up with all those dents in my knowledge to be able to gtfo my country to get some decent education elsewhere.

But the problem is: Time is limited, I don't even know what I do not know, and my drive to learn is not as high as it used to be, since school made math too forced for me.

I am willing to work my ass off, I refuse to give up on my dreams this easily, but I need a direction. I need to learn effectively. Private lessons are being considered.

Absolutely ANY kind of advice would help me.

Thank you all incredibly much, even for a mere bump you could leave here.

Other urls found in this thread:

staff.science.uu.nl/~gadda001/goodtheorist/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

X=X

A statement is either true or false. Learn what a tautology is.

Look on youtube "8.01x MIT Open Courseware Walter Lewin Physics"

It's basically freshman year college physics, so it should pique your curosity as a high schooler

Thank you user

Just use khan academy. Has essentially the whole american curriculum. Perfectly fine for HS

If you want to do physics learn linear algebra and vector calculus. Maybe also stats if you want to do experiments but real physics is beyond that stage now.

It's hard to answer this without knowing what you know and what you lack

Basic college freshman physics will require calculus up to vector calculus and some linear algebra.

If you are weak on calculus, go to Khan Academy and watch their stuff and do their exercises on calculus and trigonometry until you've finished everything in multivariable calculus.

Or, go get a book and work on that. You're in an Eastern European shithole so I'm not sure what kind of access to books you have. If you can get some textbooks, I would do Stewart's early Trancendentals Calculus until you've mastered everything involving integration techniques and some series and sequences.

Just read the chapter while taking notes and do all the problems with answers in the back WITHOUT looking at the answers. (Just look to check your work).

When you start getting everything right, move on to the next chapter. It's slow and a lot of work but anyone can do it with enough fighting spirit.

Then get a multivariable calculus book and a linear algebra book (or khan academy) and do everything you can in the same way. You want to master greens theorem, gauss and stokes theorem from multivariable and at least up to vector spaces and linear transformations in linear algebra.

From there, you should be adequately prepared for physics.

Alternatively, just jump into college physics while studying the maths akin the way. I would actually recommend this. That means, study physics from a book or good website and when you start having problems with the math, you switch tasks and go learn the math, then continue in with physics. I am not a math student but I believe this is how most physics is taught. Just as much math as you need, and the rest is all physics

I'm sorry, I meant I am not a physics student - I am a maths student.

The books I used in America were:

Calculus: Stewart's Early Trancendentals
Multivariable Calculus: Vector Calculus by Marsden and Tromba
Linear Algebra: Lays Linear Algebra and Applications

first of all: forget all the math you've ever learned.
second of all it is about observation. physics and chem are coexistant in every system (for every action is a reaction, even if unobserved)
figure the math out YOURSELF
get yourself lab materials & lab manuals, and don't hurt yourself

Never use khan academy. That is for cucks and sjw.
Read books. Original books.

>Not reading howard anton's linear algebra
you are doing it bad.

too brainlet for that

Slovakia is on the border with Austria, and Austria gives awesome scholarships, most of which go to EU citizens. Study there. I'm ending my BSc in Vienna in physics right now.
You'll find anything you want here staff.science.uu.nl/~gadda001/goodtheorist/index.html . Just start working trought the topics as they are sorted on the side. Also Khan Academy is great for the basics of math, and MIT OpenCourseWare for University level physics.
I hope this does you some good

I'm not OP, but here's this:
I don't have the time to waste or the money or the fucking materials.
Your proposal is as romantic as it gets. I would love to do this, but I just can't.

So OP, look up on MIT's opencourseware as that other user said, read on what interests you and make sure you understand everything.
good luck

>figure the math out YOURSELF
this is shit advice

Why yall eester yuropeins just squatting and doing chess n shit while us bruthas in the state getting shot by cops n led poisoning n shit, huh? Why you ain't helpin none?

>That is for cucks and sjw

This is very useful. Thank you very much, user!

If you are serious, study the brain. Psychology is much more useful then what many may think.

Audiobook and youtube download to mp3 (university lectures ) are your friend here. Study everywhere anything anytime.
University to hard for you? Not if you can rewind the lectures or rewatch them 9 times. You can learn a lot, for practical nothing but time.