How do I get into Marxism?

How do I get into Marxism?

>inb4 stupid memes

If you don't like him, please don't post in this thread, I don't give a shit about your right-wing rhetoric.

>If you don't like him, please don't post in this thread,
Wait, so you haven't got "into" Marxism, but you've already formulated your opinion on it? I hope this is a troll.

read Marx

Try the Marx-Engels Reader. It's really well put together. His early stuff is excruciating unless you have some exposure to Hegel, though.

No, I just want the "LEL MARX IS SATAN" fags to stay in /pol/

He didn't say he formed an opinion on it, he said he didn't want people that were actively against it to post since he's not interested in arguments against it but for it. It's practical advice, like if I made a thread and I wanted only good posts in it, I'd ask for you to not post in it.

Capital is a good start.

>he said he didn't want people that were actively against it to post since he's not interested in arguments against it but for it.
Somebody can be knowledgeable about Marxism and be against it. Why only expose yourself to one opinion?

pick up the penguin edition of capital and read at least the first half of it. the second half spends a lot of time on 19th century english worker conditions which may or may not interest you. the 100+ introduction will give you much of what you need to understand it.

enjoy. its the best when he eviscerates some of his predecessors

Have you tried reading him? If it is too hard (capital is knows for being a hard read) get some guides or whatever
Well his theories have sure done more wrong than good, but he is pretty right about some stuff

How much of Hegel should one know before getting in?

Is Capital really the best way to start? Seems pretty dense and complex, and without any historical context or explanations, confusing.

That's fine, just keep the shitposting out of the thread.

Because he's not interested in diatribes against the thin, which part do you not understand?

commie manifesto
on the jewish question

T-this is bait right? If you can't argue then go to some echo chamber on reddit or facebook.
I mean godsakes if you can't handle the banter don't post on lit or 4 chan in general. That said my commie friend tells me that the communist newspapers and leaflets are more informative than the manifesto or das kapital. You may want to start there.

>That's fine, just keep the shitposting out of the thread.
I get it, but the way you worded it in the OP sounded like you were just looking for validation.

>diatribes against the thin
I'm not sure I understand what that means.

>That's fine, just keep the shitposting out of the thread.
How was that a shitpost?

Marxists Internet Achive --> Section for beginners
Read Das Kapital and the Manifesto

>that pic
Literally false. Marx wasn't rich, and he lived a frugal life.
He may have never worked in a factory, but he's honestly one of the most disciplined academics I've ever seen. Before writing the Capital he literally sent the prior 4 decades studying in local libraries 12 hours everyday.
Have you ever read his sources? The guy was a walking encyclopedia. Doesn't that count as hard work?

Not OP but have a couple related questions: what translation(s) of Marx are best? Also, what (if anything) should I read before Marx to have proper context? I'm fairly ignorant of political/economic theory and feel I wouldn't get much out of reading Marx in a vacuum.

>How much of Hegel should one know before getting in?

You should be comfortable with dialectical reasoning, also you should know his theories on history. Since he is one of the most quoted philosophers of the last 300 years you will find tons of secondary source on that.
If you actually want to tackle Hegel and his writings start with the Greeks. He's one of the toughest philosophers out there, and trying to read it without any guidance is just lost time.

Do a search on David Harvey, he has a series of lectures on Capital and the background you need to understand it.

marx isn't concerned with economics, even though he wrote philosophy exclusively related to it.

it won't do you any good other than introducing you to concepts that'll make Marx sound like a moron that had no idea what he was talking about

>exclusively
expressly
DAMN THESE HANDS

>marx is not concerned woth economics

Confirmed for having read only the manifesto

I've read a bit of Das Kapital and can firmly say that nothing he wrote or said was ever concerned with the true mechanical functions of the marketplace, he philosophized politics and society but his grasp of economy was below comprehension

The economic analysis starts in the third volume.
Read it all, and if you don't want to do so at least read secondary sources before talking about it.

>how do I convert to Marxism
First, you must suspend rational thinking and renounce your faith in current religion, if you have any. After you've done that, feel free to start with Das Kapital.

>capitalism is totally RATIONAL AND LOGIC, my friend, saying otherwise means that you're not a RATIONAL AND LOGIC person

>any ism is rational and logic

read bakunin and realise that Marxism is bullshit

Play Dwarf Fortess.

>implying that Traditional Marxism is a ideology
>implying that the capital is not based on materialism, pragmatism and rationality

Try again

> bakunin
> no coherent theory of history
> into the trash it goes

>Bakukin
>material conditions are never ever examined
>not an utopian

Marxism is several isms

Do you mean
- economic
- theory of history
- theory of philosophy
- or theory of superiour facial hair?

lol i don't like him fuck communism heil hitker u mad op?

Start by obtaining a firearm. Then promptly remove your genetic failure from reality.

>immediatly start avoiding confrontation

You're doing it right

>and he lived a frugal life
He had a patreon that felt sorry for his miserable life

>he literally studied 12 hours everyday
Factually wrong, nobody can.

i read "main currents of marxism," big mistake.
I'd say just tackle the important texts: the communist manifesto, paris manuscripts, capital.
read lenin and mao, too
also i recommend lukacs and debord

it's entirely possible to study 12hrs a day, and actually not that hard

>Factually wrong, nobody can.

>tfw anons on Veeky Forums are so ignorant and detatched from formal education that studying 12 hours everyday appears as an impossible task

I feel sorry for you.

>Factually wrong, nobody can.
I'm one of the laziest guys ever and I have done it, you're probably just retarded.

LOUIS ALTHUSSER will help you all my comrades