/ssrg/ Short Story Reading Group: The Fall of the House of Usher

Welcome to the Short Story Reading Group! All are invited to join in at any time, or to come and go as you please. Thank you all for participating.

>The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allan Poe
>7,204 words
>Reading time: 36 minutes

>Poll
strawpoll.me/12199633

Discussion starts in this thread and will finish on Saturday. The next reading is The Looking Glass by Anton Chekhov (1,605 words). Discussion for it will run Sunday through Monday.

>ebook
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Tales_(Poe)/The_Fall_of_the_House_of_Usher

Pro tip: On the left side of Wikisource you can click "Download as EPUB" to download a well formatted epub.

>audiobook
youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_GVvV0xHA

>ebook for next reading
en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Looking-Glass_(Chekhov)

>Old threads
warosu.org/lit/?task=search2&search_subject=/ssrg/&search_op=op

I told you to skip Poe, fuck face.

bump

all this work. wasted. may as well put up an O. Henry thread.

Poe is one of the most popular short story writers of all time. Maybe people just didn't see the thread.

you should do chekhov.

oh, i just noticed you intended to do chekhov later. how could you be so blind as to put poe before chekhov?

>Poe
No thanks man

>this thread
>lasting until Saturday

Give it up, OP. Fuck Drumpf and fuck white people.

>you've created a highly efficient pleb detector, OP.

>Moby Dick is the second best book ever so smooth
>Poe is 3edgy5me
Veeky Forums disappoints me every time senpai.

bump

>The Fall of the House of Usher
>finally something I have immediately available and don't have to dig out of storage, having recently moved
I could fuck with this.

Fukkit I'll do this now instead of working.

Just read it. Only think I got from it is a spooky story and an overelaborated prose. Am I missing something?

Didn't finish it. Got most of the way through and was honestly too bored to complete it.

Agreed desu
Just think of all the plebs that will be reading this shit instead of shitposting on Veeky Forums. OP has devised a great pleb filter indeed

>ITT: Simple allegory about same-generation incest is lost on high school plebs.

You think shitposters read?

That's really all it is.

I might participate from time to time if these keep up. I hope by that point, the idea that everything you read must have something of significant, deep value to impart that the past few threads I have read seem to have been pervaded by stops. Sometimes there's just a story.

Fuck off. Were to intelligent for genre fiction.

me to

I hated the prose so much that I won't even bother finishing the story.

PUSSY BITCH

We had The Secret Life of Walter Mitty two threads ago, so we're okay with genre fiction (or at least I am). The problem with this story is the prose. It's just too elaborated and it gets boring. A friend told me to read The Golden Bug and I found it a very clever mistery story, so my problem isn't with Poe, but with this story.

Honestly I'm going to shitpost about anything OP chooses while secretly reading it, fampai.

Hi everyone in this thread.