Has any psychologist/philosopher ever advanced a convincing theory to explain furries?

has any psychologist/philosopher ever advanced a convincing theory to explain furries?

this is more of a Veeky Forums question but, I feel as if there's nothing unique about furries. Humans have been anthropomorphizing animals forever. Makes sense that they'd think about sex between them too. Furries are really just humans with abstractly human/animal like faces and tails.

2d > 3d
2d represents unattainable perfection and beauty. Let's face it, the 3d women who come close are unachievable for 99.9% of men so they may as well not exist.

There is a university lecture (I am pretty sure) about why we are attracted to females with dicks and furries and weird shit.

I will not find it for you.

Narcissism.

>I am different and special.
>You can't possibly understand me.
>You will change your thinking, speech and behaviour out of respect to me.

To me the weirder thing is that people can be attracted to non-realistic drawings at all.

>he doesn't imagine anime characters when he reads a book

It's a lot better than composite meatsacks tbqh.

I don't think the "philosophic meaning of furfags" is something that has often crossed the minds of philosophers.

It's Disney's fault with all of their movies and TV shows full of sexualized furry animal creatures. Kids who grow up and have a busty fox as first sexual stimuli in their sexual development are obviously more likely to be degenerate furries.

Its called detatchment from human ideals and disconnection of specie indentity

Its existed for a long time but only since the internet has it developed into a sexual fetish.

Its more psychological than philosophical

Freudian theory does and doesn't rely on

>that's more of a Veeky Forums question
Puke

If they desire them because they're anthropomorphic then why don't they just fap to humans, what a non-explanation, genius

Wrong

You idiot's know nothing about fetishism

This. Anthropomorphic animal shit was all over the place in cartoons when I was a kid. I thankfully didn't end up sexualizing, but obviously some people did.

Lola Bunny from Space Jam

Denial.

Human Emotions in Animals by Darwin, and half of Levinas.

Verneinung

This is actually a good recommendation for once on lit, this and everything Freud wrote on fetishism

Furries are disgusting
The world is ending because of people like them
And I'm not joking

The world is ending because of people losing their jobs if you don't humour a transperson. Also because pol put trump in the white house

lmao

But it's true thought.

Isn't it relatively straightforward?

It's a paraphilia; a fetish. Unless there's something innately special about furries (there's not), it develops the same way as any other fetish, and there are plenty of works out there ranging from psychological to psychoanalytic to philosophical etc. detailing the development of paraphilias and their subcultures.

Just read a book about BDSM and swap out gimp suits with fursuits in your head.

no, fuck those guys. that's Evo-psych stuff, wrong and totally uninteresting

just talking about the fetish man. I've never met furries who demand respect

Asperger's syndrome

why not? they write about goofy stuff all the time