Does anyone else just toss bad food...

Does anyone else just toss bad food? I've always thought it was normal until a friend gave me weird looks every time I'd trash shit like a failed and inedible dish, shitty fast food or those really bland store bought desserts people like to give you.

I think it's definitely a spectrum on what individual people will toss.
I'd throw out something rancid, but I grew up with a mum where you'd never leave the dinner table if there were still food.

why would you buy fast food just to throw it in the trash? If there's something wrong with it, take it back and ask for a fresh one.

thats like asking for extra spit

I dislike the idea of tossing food. But I won't eat stuff that's total crap. Fortunately no one gives me shit like storebought desserts or fast food, so I don't have to toss it. And my days of fucking up my own cooking beyond edibility are long gone. Really all I have to do to avoid having to toss food is remember to eat the leftovers on the rare occasion I make too much.

i never toss food.. always compost.

if i paid for it, i try to eat it. if it's free, i try to eat it. food isn't always about objective enjoyment. but i'm not filthy rich so idk. why not just burn my dollar bills for warmth while i'm at it if i'm tossing perfectly good food?

That might be it. My mom would have no problem throwing out something that came out dry as shit or just didn't taste right, especially if one of the ingredients was already questionably expired. Counter to that I know people who will visibly suffer through absolute garbage, sometimes for days at a time.

Usually it's something I cooked that was either made with bad ingredients or just didn't come out right and either tastes like shit or is badly overcooked and tastes like shit. Doesn't happen often. The rest of the time it's shitty greasy fast food from some place I didn't even want to go to where I take a bite and know I'm going to feel like shit for the next 3 hours until it finally shoots out my asshole, so I toss it instead.

I do, but I base it on my own level of need. If i'm starving to death i'll eat anything, but if i'm well fed i'll throw out a dry mcdonald's burger. There's a spectrum, i've thrown away food that was too salty during the thick and eaten bad meat with stale bread during the thin.

My dad grew up poor as fuck and will mix salsa and ketchup into marinara sauce to stretch it over two servings of leftover spaghetti. I have to throw away moldy bread in secret.

People don't actually fuck with food 99% of the time. Even the few cowards who do only do it if they're juveniles or someone really, really gives them trouble.

The first place you go when someone talks about throwing away crap food is assume you have to be filthy rich and compare it to burning money? I've eaten some nasty shit out of pure desperation for long stretches, so when I have the ability not to, I don't. I can understand the fast food and grocery store donuts because they are fucking vile and make you feel like shit after you eat them in addition to tasting like garbage, being hungry isn't all that bad in comparison most of the time.

I cant even eat fast food anymore, disgusting

Yes you can. You just have to believe in yourself.

You sound like a bourgeois dipshit

Stop wasting food and sort yourself out

I fucking HATE wasting food.
HATE it.
If something's bad, I'll just eat it anyway.
I think once I threw out a bad burger I got from Burger King, but that's literally about it.

>You sound like a bourgeois dipshit

lol @ thinking the rich waste money.

The rich are fucking rich pinching pennies.

The only people I've ever known to throw out perfectly good food are my ghetto black friends that place no value on anything. You can guess why they're poor...

Perhaps you're right, but OP is still a dipshit

Someone buy you baked goods and you just shit on em?

Why would you go somewhere you don't want to go and get food you don't want to eat

I think it's pretty sad how people will buy a bunch of banannas and throw out half of them

Potential nourishment aside, food you've already bought has almost no value and the value it has isn't useful because it isn't a liquid asset like booze.

Circumstance. Either nothing else close by due to time or plebby friends who are afraid of taco trucks.

>mfw dumbfucks don't realize the black bananas make the best banana smoothies

I pity all of you who can't into WASTE NOT WANT NOT disgrace to your forefathers desu senpai

>mother keeps buying banannas even though no one eats them
>mfw making so much bannana bread that I had to give some to the neighbors

The food is wasted when it is cooked, not when it's thrown away.

every time I buy chicken breast on the weekend it's bad. funky color. smells bad when cooking. can't even cut into it. it's like rubber. I get upset and throw it out. not willing to buy fast food either cause fuck all that sodium.

Similar situation. Worst part is he's clueless. We have a massive bag of cornmeal my sister dropped off at my apartment (he lives with me). It's been sitting in random places of the apartment, and every time I throw it out it reappears. He doesn't even know what it is or what it's used for, but won't let me throw it away because "we may use it for something someday"
It's just clutter. If we ever need cornmeal, I'll fucking buy some.
>tfw Mechanical Engineer
>Make good money.
>Helping my dad out in his older years.
>instead get soulbound cornmeal.

>Not getting what you paid for
How beta can you get?

I dislike throwing away edible food even if I don't like it, I was just raised that way. I rarely ever do but as I've gotten older I have started to throw away stuff that I really shouldn't have (if I'm given shitty store bought desserts, for example) or in the very rare case of my screwing up a dish I cook, but that's extraordinarily rare because I only make the same dishes over and over again and never mess them up.

You paid for cheap grease made by drug users. No part of the making of the final result should ever lead you to believe it will be good.

>composting meat

You know you don't have to get anything? You're just wasting perfectly good food.

You don't expect it to be awful from the first bite and not even hunger makes it worth the effort to chew. If it were good food, I'd eat it. If it were mediocre, I'd eat it.

It is like burning money.

You go in to buying fast food or grocery store donuts knowing FULL WELL a certain percentage of isn't going to be perfect becaise it's made by people who, even IF they were the type of person to take pride in their work... they still probably wouldn't because the shift manager is busy padding his 60 hour work week smoking weed and fucking some hoodrat 16 year old on the produce in the walk-in while also cutting your hours down for the second time this week.

I'm not saying fast food workers should make a lot of money, but it does kind amuse me when people in tipping threads and whatnot be all "get a real job." Only two kinds of people work those jobs: losers and people who aspire to become a manager at McDonalds. Are you really going to eat something a person like that has come within 100 feet of?