As a goat cheese virgin what am I in for when I first bite into a piece of goat cheese?

As a goat cheese virgin what am I in for when I first bite into a piece of goat cheese?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.pccnaturalmarkets.com/sc/0801/sc0801-cheese.html
milk.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=005192
dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/elderly-woman-driven-out-maybole-10548594
farmandranchguide.com/news/livestock/bovine-tb-summit-set-for-late-july/article_f2feec8c-3c9c-11e7-8e65-fb9498f43abd.html
grubstreet.com/2017/05/new-government-report-highlights-dangers-of-raw-cheese.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cheese. Its good

Its salty and creamy. Take a little taste first.

remorse

Don't do it, when it combines with saliva, it creates mustard gas.

>what am I in for when I first bite into a piece of goat cheese?

Depends on whether you've tried a few cheeses before. If you think Cracker Barrel is a quality Cheddar you'll be in for a surprise, for example.

Didn't you try it since the last time you made this thread?

When your fingers combine with the keyboard it produces retardation.

Nah, I'm in the USA.
FDA regulations prohibit it. I'll definitely try it when I go to Prague though, the cheese in France is meant to be the best in the world.

You think goat cheese is prohibited in the US?

Don't eat it. It's for sandnigs and numales

I can only describe it as sort of bitter. I wasn't a fan.

Yeah. A true goats cheese is made with raw milk, the FDA don't allow unpasteurized goats milk.
Sucks really.

Kek

I bought some at a whole foods in Texas the other day my retard friend

See the post above yours.
(((FDA)))

What's it like to be free?

All 'Freedumb' bullshit aside, the big corporations run the USA now.
it will only get worse with Trumps administration as big pharma, big agriculture and the food corps interests are met first.

Should of bought some of that Californian 'Champagne' to go with it.
Champagne and goats cheese is great together.

I'm not entirely sold on goat cheese - the supermarket fare is usually very young (like your pic) and other than being a bit sour doesn't really have a lot of flavour.
My recommendation is if you are exploring the world of cheese go straight for sheep cheese, something like manchego or pecorino, that's the stuff.

>Trump bringing about a thriving food and drug industry
What is bad about that?

Everything if you need food and drugs to survive.
>You'll pay through the nose for short lived shows.

That's ridiculous, it's like saying a true cow's milk cheese is made with raw milk.

>not knowing true cow's milk is made with raw milk
What is it like to be such a pleb?

>true cow's milk cheese is made with raw milk.
That's the standard definition, yes.

Show me a reliable (preferably scholarly) source which defines a "true cheese" as being made only from raw milk.

where do you get goat cheese in the JewSA?

>Farmstead cheeses are made from raw milk. The farmers milk their own herd to produce some of the greatest cheese. The farmers’ closeness to the source gives them control over the quality of their milk and cheese. Unlike other producers, they will not mix the milk of an ill cow treated with antibiotics with the milk used to make cheese.

>But these farmstead artisans can’t keep up with the increasing demand for superior cheeses. So cheeses are more and more made in large dairies or factories that collect milk from different farms, often called “pooled milk” here in the United States.

>They have to pasteurize the milk since they cannot guarantee the cleanliness and quality of the milk. Therefore, the cheese they produce risks losing character.

m.pccnaturalmarkets.com/sc/0801/sc0801-cheese.html

Any Mexican grocer

>FDA regulations prohibit it.

No they don't; you can find goat cheese at Walmart.

>the FDA don't allow unpasteurized goats milk.

This isn't true. Around half of our states allow for the sale of unpasteurized milk. There are laws at the state level not the federal level.

That's exactly what killed the craft beer fad as well.
It's all Budweiser/ Coors macro-crap regardless of the hipster advertising.
Our wine industry went the same way in the mid '90s.

Not goat milk.
All goat milk produced here for commercial sale has to be pasteurized.
I'm not defending the rules but it's a fact.
Personally I can't stand goats but that's another story.

milk.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=005192

My bad--I guess the FDA did ban raw milk sales. I take back what I said; however, many states still allow the sale of it in some form (kind of like how weed is illegal at the federal level but it's decriminalized/legalized in some states anyway).

Ever been near a goat? Like a kiddie zoo?
It tastes similar to how that smells.

Let me know if it hurts going in as much as people say or if it gets more comfortable.

>killed the craft beer

Wat? Locally owned independent microbreweries are popping up everywhere. The macro breweries and conglomerates have bought and ruined some older established independents but they're playing a game of trying to catch up because they see their market share eroding except among the 55+ crowd and whitetrash troglodytes. The 55+ crowd has to begin slowing their consumption due to disease, so that market is decreasing. The whitetrash troglodytes will always be with us, I suppose, but they aren't a large enough market to maintain sustainable macrobrewery income requirements. No, the market is bright for microbreweries.

>not an argument

In my state there must be an exemption because a local dairy sells raw milk at the farmers market. It's probably based on the volume of production. At a certain level of output they have to pasteurize.

>sourcing your opinions from the website of a liberal-run grocery store who is actively trying to sell you hippie food

Makes sense.

mealy rotten milk fat taste, and salty like you know what.

This is not a declining trend.
I love locally brewed IPA but it's by no means a dominant thing.
Bud will still be the norm by the time the beaners and backs are a majority.

It seems a shame and almost like they want to keep the small time producers in check.

he was not being serious

is it some sort of joke to fall for bait and post this image or is it just one really dumb person with a single reaction images

No, there are very good reasons for requiring milk to be pasteurized. The biggest is tuberculosis.

dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/elderly-woman-driven-out-maybole-10548594

>Not that it was a great start – for, within a year of arriving in Dailly Road, Maisie had contracted tuberculosis, which meant that, between the ages of seven and 14, she was in Glenafton Sanatorium.
>
>“I’m sure I got TB from milk,” said Maisie. “They hadn’t started pasteurising it.”

There was a bovine TB outbreak in the news just a couple of weeks ago in either the western U.S. or in Canada, I forget which. This article shows that it is still endemic in North America:

farmandranchguide.com/news/livestock/bovine-tb-summit-set-for-late-july/article_f2feec8c-3c9c-11e7-8e65-fb9498f43abd.html

> May 24, 2017
> USDA is planning a Bovine TB (tuberculosis) Summit to highlight the chronic bacterial disease that has seen a recent bump in cases over recent months with reported infections in five states including South Dakota.

You don't see many news stories about it because the people who are most affected are the stupid Mexicunt illegals who go around making "bathtub cheese" from raw milk and then spreading the disease around. This is also a major reason why TB is so widespread in Mexico.

>hispanics are the ones using raw milk in the US

Not hardly. The local dairy that sells raw milk at my farmers market always has a line and always sells out. 98% of those people are white US citizens. That's just one small farmers market in a red state. People in the US are waking up to the fact we don't have to accept the rBST growth hormone, antibiotic laced, and over processed crap big agri has been slopping into our troughs since the 50's. Your "muh TB" scare tactics won't stop it.

>No, there are very good reasons for banning automobiles. The biggest is crashes.
FTFY.

FFS user, yes, we know there are risks with consuming unpasteurized dairy products. But those happenings are rare. And just like how we accept the risk of auto accidents in exchange for the convenience of travel, we accept the risk of unpasteurized dairy because it tastes fucking amazing.

grubstreet.com/2017/05/new-government-report-highlights-dangers-of-raw-cheese.html

> raw milk and cheese were responsible for 96 percent of reported illnesses caused by contaminated dairy products from 2009 to 2014.

> leafy greens cause more food-borne illnesses overall, but raw milk puts almost three times more people in the hospital, qualifying it, in the eyes of the CDC, as one of the most dangerous food products available — noting that unpasteurized products are a breeding ground for a laundry list of bacteria that can potentially cause conditions like tuberculosis, scarlet fever, salmonella, campylobacter, staph, E. coli, and yersinia (which is technically the genus for the plague).

So, you say:

> we accept the risk of unpasteurized dairy because it tastes fucking amazing.

And I say:

FREEEEEEEEEDUMB!

Kill yourse . . . oh wait, nvm, your raw milk cheese will kill you anyway. Well, bye.

>I go to a farmer's market and lots of people are retarded enough to buy the raw milk right alongside me
>That's just one small farmers market in a red state
And those are a tiny portion of consumers compared to all the ones who just buy a gallon of pasteurized 2% at Wal-Mart.

It's ok, though! I support your freedumb to kill yourself. Seriously. Drink raw milk, mainline some heroin, go to a gay bathhouse and announce that your asshole is available for all the unprotected AIDS-infected cocks in town. Run wild. Have fun.

>No, there are very good reasons for banning automobiles. The biggest is crashes.

What kind of Joe Rogan school of analogy dropout shit is that?

>FREEEEEEEEEDUMB!

Yes user, you have the right to overreact and be fearful of something that millions of people eat safely every day in Europe. If you want to react irrationally to what is a very small risk then that's your right.

I have no idea who Joe Rogan is.

But the analogy stands. Eating unpasteurized cheese has a risk of harm, just like riding in a car does.

But for some reason people seem to sperg out over the cheese while happily riding in cars....despite the fact that the latter is FAR more likely to kill or injure you.

Most people have a a very shitty ability to assess and manage risk. They let emotional reactions control their behavior rather than cold hard facts. That analogy was meant to illustrate that. For some reason many people are very squeamish when it comes to food (rare/raw meats, unpasteurized dairy, traditionally cured charcuterie, etc.) yet they take far far bigger risks every day of their life and think nothing of it.

>All these Freedom Clappers trying to convince themselves they're not under the boot of Agricorp Capitalism

When I've had it, it was just a very mild cream cheese. Is this what it is supposed to be like or is it bland in America like cheddar is?

There are many different kinds of cheese made from Goat's milk.

The only one that seems to be common in the US is soft and quite mild. But that's certainly not indicative of all goat's milk cheeses.

Goat cheese tastes exactly like what goats smell like.
It kills all the other tastes and odours. Wouldn't recommend.

Slight confusion and possible distress as your salivary glands gush hot, followed by intense waves of pleasure when you let go of your inhibitions and enjoy your first oral orgasm. You may need to lay down and cuddle with something soft afterwards.

Tastes like a barn to me. Very weird aftertaste.