and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

How the fuck is this poetry, Veeky Forums?

its not its archetypal normie-tier pandering faggotry masquerading as em cummings but what else could u expect from a person so unimaginative that the only last name he could come up with was his first name but with an "s" tacked on at the end

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.

I hate poetry

Tasteless plebs

>hurrrrrrr it's not complicated therefore I can't like it

They're simple but they have distinct feels with them.

Also you can even find a breakdown of the form on wikipedia if you'd do some research before you shitpost:

>Written as though it were a note left on a kitchen table, Williams' poem appears to the reader like a piece of found poetry.[1] Metrically, the poem exhibits no regularity of stress or of syllable count. Except for lines two and five (each an iamb) and lines eight and nine (each an amphibrach), no two lines have the same metrical form.[1] The consonance of the letters “Th” in lines two, three, and four, as well the consonance of the letter “F” in lines eight and nine, and the letter 'S' in lines eleven and twelve give rise to a natural rhythm when the poem is read aloud.

This is what keeps them from being rupi kaur shit

Prose with line breaks. Literally Rupi Kaur tier.

you can find shit like that in Kaur's poetry too

Williams' "simple" poetry is some of the best modernism of all time. If you think it's Rupi Kaur you don't know shit about poetry.

throws an image onto your brain. His poetry has a crowded, grounded emotional reality, in contrast to Kaur's shitty aphorisms.

The Postlude, by William Carlos Williams

Now that I have cooled to you
Let there be gold of tarnished masonry,
Temples soothed by the sun to ruin
That sleep utterly.
Give me hand for the dances,
Ripples at Philae, in and out,
And lips, my Lesbian,
Wall flowers that once were flame.

Your hair is my Carthage
And my arms the bow,
And our words arrows
To shoot the stars
Who from that misty sea
Swarm to destroy us.

But you there beside me—
Oh how shall I defy you,
Who wound me in the night
With breasts shining
Like Venus and like Mars?
The night that is shouting Jason
When the loud eaves rattle
As with waves above me
Blue at the prow of my desire.

Learn what consonance and assonance are and then reread.

>so mUch dePeNds
>UPoN

>a Red Wheel
>baRRoW

>glAzed With RAin
>WateR

>besIde the whIte
>chickeNs (this N consonant with raiN)

You literally have to try not to read this without a melancholic rhythm. If you don't feel connected to this fucking wheel barrow just stop reading altogether you fucking pseud

It's not though. Rupi Kaur's poetry would work just as well as a sentence, but wouldn't give you the same effect of the enjambments slowly revealing an image. "so sweet/and so cold" puts something definite and real on your mind, you can almost taste the plums. But Kaur is always abstract.

>Learn what consonance and assonance are
I already know that they exist in prose.

But they don't exist in Kaur is the point.

>they don't exist in Kaur
post proof

>If you think it's Rupi Kaur you don't know shit about poetry.
defend your position better than that please, thanks

If you're going to defend Kaur in order to take out some unfounded rage on WCW then you're getting yourself dragged along for no reason.

>incidental consonance and assonance don't exist in Kaur's "poetry"
keke

not an argument

They do exist, yeah, but only incidentally. Like in pic related They don't make any kind of rhythm or tone. They're like eating sawdust.

no u

can someone pls shoop the "just fuck my shit up" hair on the op pic? i'm on mobile...

lol look at this gay shit, a kid could do this

How is this painting?

Ow wow there are letters that are the same but in different words. So artistic.

So you also hate haiku and Greek lyric?

false equivalency

definition of painting: putting paint on a surface to form an image

definition of poetry: using rhythm and aesthetic qualities of language to supplement the literal meaning

picasso has clearly made a painting. has wcw made a poem? the answer is apparently less obvious, according to people in this thread...

Not letters. Sounds which create a rhythm.

What's with all you retards trying to shit on poetry on a fucking literature board? Are you just here for the Sam Harris thread?

The plums are symbolic, for dingleberrys she was storing in her snatch, and the poem is just real representative of, (if you are a poet who writes hundreads of poems, and this is one of them, thats that... this is why its known and regarded at all, its a little poem by him) just a manly animal male doing what he wants and taking what he wants, you were probably saving this delicious treat, for something so as important as breakfast, you probably had cravings and thoughts and desires and hopes and dreams about these, and yet just like that, I snatched into your icebox, your ice chest, your cold dead chamber where would be heart, and I ate your plums, and I will write you sweetly! to tell you how good they tasted, my dear, for I am the master of this house! and if I see a plum, and I want it, I damned as hell eat it!

> throws an image onto your brain.
Though its also true. It does create very sentimental and sensual images, bright red, drizzly day water droplets on it, farm land, chickens being white, purity, so much depends on the farmlife, food, water, mode of transport, a tool, a carrier or loads, that may last generations, and get so much work done, as so much depends on such,

> this really throws an image onto my brain.
Though its also true. It does create very powerful and passionate images, dark blue, stormy sea of emotions, wet wind on your face, water being both giver of life, and having nightmarish depths. so much depends on water, to drink, mode of transport, the environment, marine life, that may last generations, but also may destroy, in a flood, capsized ships, lost fisherman, depends on such,

the plums are actually symbolic for ur mum and her plum-like ass

basically wcw fucked ur mum

The poem doesn't even say anything about the ocean, it just says "I am water".

Rupi Kaur is such a shitty poet that she has to accompany her poems with images.

Williams has mastered the art of the objective correlative. If you don't know what that is, learn it before posting further pls.

Thank you user. While his widely anthologized poems are certainly good, I prefer poems like you posted of Williams. Paterson is among the finest books of poetry in the last 150 years.

Sure are a lot of TRADITIONALISTS OF PLAGIARISM in this thread.

And Hokusai spins in his grave.

>doesn't even say anything about the ocean
>it just says "I am water".
>water
>ocean
>nothing to do with each other