Hey, you guys are still open for 15 more minutes, right? Perfect...

>Hey, you guys are still open for 15 more minutes, right? Perfect, I can still grab something to eat! I hope you don't mind, but I brought my entire AA group with me as well. Theres about 30 of us, so rev up those fryers!

Fuck people who do this

>running a business
>moaning because there's a big order you'll make lots of money from, just means you have to stay 15 minutes late

You faggots know nothing about business and have no work ethic.

>implying the guys running the friers care about the extra 3 dollars they will make for having to stay late, if they get anything extra at all
>implying their workplace allows tipping
>implying the manager hasn't already fucked off

You forget you're speaking with the peasants who work for the owner

The person complaining is the degenerate that peels the onions, not the owner. The owner already knows that this business is literally his life

>be waiter
>have to stay late to serve crowd from AA
>they don't buy drinks and barely tip anyway
fuck my life

>high school theater group frequents my place after their rehearsals or semen milkings or whatever the fuck they gather for on Saturday nights
>always shows up at 11:40 20+ deep on random Saturday nights when we close at midnight with no warning or call ahead
Fuck them so hard, I hope their director rapes them before, after, and during every rehearsal.

>"no, we're closing soon"

wow, that sure was hard.

>"user, what the fuck? go to the back and sweep up. one more outburst and youre out of here for good"

If I said that to a customer my bosswould hear about it and she would be fucking livid.

>"you can't fire me dad, I know all of your secrets"

>americucks

>We are closing at this time
>Great, I am here before that time
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you wanted to go home at 10:00 then you should close at 9:30. If you want to go home at 9:30 close at 9. Don't be open and then be mad people patronize your fucking business

My managers care too much about their jobs for that. One of them was recently fired for trying to do exactly that to be nice to me and the server that was on at the time.

Yeah, it's a good thing cooks and servers have so much input into the scheduling for the business or that would be a pants-on-head retarded suggestion.

>why don't you go to a bar instead

Maybe you should have tried harder in school then if you didn't want to work in the fucking food service industry

>boss
>she

>going to a place where the primary cooking apparatus is a deep fryer
asian here, you ''''''people'''''' disgust me

yeah fuck those people patronizing you
>hey guys, let's go out to eat
>mmmmbbut wait, let's call ahead like literal faggots to make sure the wait staff are cool with it :)

you're living in a fantasy world

>but it's okay when you only use a pint of oil and cook the food in a wok

Seriously though, how did the OP ever imply that the deep fryer was the primary cooking apparatus? You don't need to warm up the stove, and most restaurants don't cook much to order in the oven because it takes to long. Also, big parties coming in late at night are often drunk, and typically want fried garbage that they can share.

It's always surprising how many people posting on Veeky Forums have no food industry experience (or probably work experience at all), and apparently just come here to troll.

>I'm sorry but our deep fryer is already shut down for the night, but most of the rest of our menu is still available
wow, that was hard

you must work at some shitty TGI Fridays kind of place if (a) the menu is heavily driven by deep fried items and (b) you can't stand up for yourselves because you'll lose your franchise license and have to shut down if you deviate from "the rules"

my corner gastropub basically tells people to fuck off if they feel like it, for any reason and no reason, and yet people keep going back and it's packed to the gills because the food is good, the drinks are good, and they usually make a reasonable effort to accommodate even if they're not always willing to cater to autismo-level precision demands to have the sauce dots lined up in a golden spiral according to a hand-written list of made-up allergies and food phobias

The place I work at is pretty much a corner gastropub, with the kitchen open to the dining room. Still doesn't mean there isn't a FoH-BoH divide, and that the servers/floor manager don't always pay attention to what time it is. And then they all put in their orders at the same time at the end of the night and the GM then wonders why the kitchen isn't shut down 15 minutes after closing...

I used to work at a relatively 'fast' food place a few years back in uni and if you did this with more than like 6 or 7 people right before closing, we would simply not serve you. Because it's not just the cashiers and the chefs you are holding back, we close to janitors and maintenance and shipping. 15 minutes isn't before closing, but like if you are right on the minute then we will politely tell you to go elsewhere.

Hell if you come in with an order for a huge party in the middle of the day, we will also tell you that we will be serving other people while making your order over time because we can't just halt the entire line because you didn't give us any time.

>she

lmaoing at your life right now bruh

i'll post all ur dragon dildos i found on facebook

perhaps anticipate what might happen and then plan your night/schedule around those possibilities

apparently bars here take AA coins for a free drink. good suggestion.

It's sad to see how bad of shape Chevy Chase is in now.

nice misogyny you've got going there brah

You're the one who implied that

Did your yellow monkey eyes fail to read the OP ? Maybe you should go back to crying yourself to sleep and jacking off to cartoon children you degenerated piece of shit

I better not put with this shit like this when I get my job. Ech.

Shut the fuck up, peasant. God, I fucking hate wagecucks who think they are worth shit. Can't wait till robots take your monkey "jobs" and you die en masse in the streets

>Sorry, we have a last order policy, all orders must be placed half an hour before closing

20 minutes to close and the staff are probably already getting started cleaning up and shutting down. If the group called ahead, or came on a more regular basis the staff would know to be prepared for them and wouldn't bother.

I never do this. If a place is closing in more time than it'll take me to eat I go somewhere else. It's called common decency.

I also call ahead if I have a large group, but that's more so we don't have to wait an hour or two for a table that can accommodate us.

>Hey, you guys are still open for 15 more minutes, right?
>We are but last orders was 15 minutes ago, sorry.
It's not a difficult concept, dumb sharts.

>AA

That's literally exactly how restaurants work, on every level. Retard.

America is ruled by fear of lawsuits and twitter scandals
>grieving leukemia family forced to starve by heartless entitled waiters
>the restaurant owner's personal information is as follows ______________________
>we do not condone violence, but... ;-)
This is what they're thinking of when they think about saying no to an unreasonable request

If you wanted to stop working 15 minutes early, maybe the posted hours should reflect that. Take it up with corporate. Do your jobs. God knows half your machinery is "broken" at 30-minutes-til-close anyway.

Kind of like those drive-thru places that constantly ask you to pull forward when you only order 3 items. Just open a fucking drive-in restaurant if you don't want to serve food at the window.

>If you wanted to go home at 10:00 then you should close at 9:30. If you want to go home at 9:30 close at 9.

No, it's not even that. It already happened. The owner intended for them to go home at 12:30, so he closes the restaurant at 12:00. Then people a fucking hissy fit when customers show up at 11:50 even though the manager planned all along for the staff to leave at 12:30.

It's the employees that have it wrong. They are just too stupid to realize it and somehow equate the doors locking with the time they're supposed to go home. This is a case of stupid kids that don't know how the world works that think they're "working late" or some shit

>Sure, but you have to leave at (closing time)
Not hard.

>WELP Sorry! it's 11 you can pick up your fries tomorrow, get the FUCK out.

Poor work ethic is all. No need to be upset.

The bottom line all the autistic kids in this thread don't understand is that its polite not to go to a place thats about to close. Their day is nearly over and they want to go home. Posting here defending autistic behavior just so you can feel better about ruining someones night is as said above, autistic.

The only place this happened to me was at McDonalds, they really don't give a flying fuck about their customers.

I used to work at a restaurant/bar, a lot of customer wait until closing time before ordering because they don't wanna be hungry by midnight.

The restaurant I worked at awhile back just had a sign that said no new orders taken 30m before close.

Many owners dont pay employees after closing hours even if they have to stay late due to new order and late cleaning.

t.becky

oh noes i've been called autistic on Veeky Forums. oh noes. oh noes.

How many food service employees are salary? Really? I'm going with 2%.

>that forced racial diversity

women do not make good leaders most of the time

We know it burns inside because you know it's true

Good news guys! Thanks to the 30 customers we had come in last night we've barely made our quota for the month and I don'tt need to pink slip any of you lazy faggots!

Why do you feel entitled to others' time?

My managers rush us to finish by closing time to save dem company dollars. We are staying late if we stay much more than 10 minutes after close.

>heh dumb kids they should have known that it's their fault other people are shitty
Hang yourself

Your manager is an accidental hero.
By being a bean counter, he or she is single handedly insuring the staff is kept happy,

[Frustration intensifies]

There's two sides to it; on nights where no one comes in at the end it's great because it means I actually get out when I'm scheduled to, but on the other hand if I've got everything wrapped, put away in the back, and I'm cleaning the grill it's a whole bunch of shit I have to redo.

It's a lot easier to automated "esteemed" office positions than food service. You'll see banks and pharmacies being taken over by robots before a fancy restaurant does.

I learned a while back that my local Taco Bell forces people to pull up because they just like to drag ass on the easiest orders. I ordered two bean burritos without sauce, and one beef taco. Pulled forward reluctantly, waited 15 fucking minutes for my food, and there was still red sauce all over the fucking burritos.

The next time I visited that store, made the same order, nigress tells me to pull forward, and I refused. She started getting really bitchy toward me and went off to get her manager, and then another employee handed me my bag and I went on my merry fucking way. Food actually wasn't fucked up that time, too.

It's not that big of a deal, it happens every other day to me.
But I make $13 an hour at 21 in Iowa, I just like the extra money.
If you have plans after make your plans out in a way to cater to this possibility, and if you just wanna go home and get trashed suck it up.

>Sir, this is a bakery. What the fuck are you doing?

BAKE ME A FUCKING CAKE

I LIKE CHOCOLATE

Even if you're hourly, a lot of places get you to clock out at closing time.

Last place I worked expected the kitchen to be fucking immaculate every night so I was often there two or three hours after close, and nobody got paid for any of that time. I put in like 20 unpaid hours a week.

sounds like you guys need unionization and regulation

>unions in the US

Those have been neutered in most of the US. The red states have passed "open shop" laws where owners can hire scabs to work alongside union employees without being members. No more collective bargaining power.

Do you get a cut of the booze, I don't get it?

I thought the same lol

>asian here, you ''''''people'''''' disgust me

What a retarded sentence. I'm making this a meme

Its a heckin reference to a television show, you oriental autist

>he thinks a crowd of people right before close means only staying 15 extra minutes
>he thinks AA groups are big spenders who are gonna be worth the trouble
>he thinks anyone wants to stay longer than needed after running a dinner shift on a saturday night
t. someone who has never worked in the food industry

my kebab place closes at 9 but they turn the kitchen off at 8.20 and wont sever after 8.20. imo pretty garbage.

Thats early as shit, Who the fuck eats a kebab while the sun is up?

Kebabs are drunk food or just late night munch

Dude, what? That is ridiculously early. Ten is optimal closing time.

If you're in the US and you haven't called OSHA, you're fucking retarded. You can submit a tip anonymously and if your place of work fires your ass for some retarded reason as retribution for making them follow the fucking law, you can call up OSHA again and sue without paying a dime. Guarantee you that they'd rather pay up the pennies they would be paying you for extra time than deal with negative publicity mixed with OSHA and union legal battles.

I think you mean the labor department, not OSHA.

OSHA deals with safety issues, it has nothing to do with wages/pay issues.

You are full of shit, I live in Arkansas that has the worst workers rights in the country and I have never heard of a company doing that.

My bad, that shit is just on every giant OSHA poster I've ever seen. Every place of work is required by law to have that huge poster of worker's rights, and iirc the section on pay has a number you can call. I always just assumed that it was still OSHA.

Those posters are required by state law. They happen to have OSHA information on them, but they're not made or promoted by OSHA. They also have all kinds of other crap on them, like minimum wage information, human trafficking, etc.

>Not having two different "no more new clients" and "closing" times.
Seriously, I thought this was common practice. Don't you have a last order time in bars some time before closing?

in my experience it's because customers are dumbasses and will whine about not getting what they want regardless of how nonsensical it is, and managers will bend over backwards to lick their arseholes

in bars, though, closing time is an established tradition most of the punters will understand and abide by

This. People get real fucking uppity with fast food places and the like because they know it'll get them what they want. If you try that shit at a respectable bar, they'll just ban you from the bar. Plus, fast food places know that they can get away with treating their employees like shit. I worked a place that had two wonderful policies: 1. If you're here more than 30 minutes after close too often, you're fired. 2. You cannot refuse service to customers until the clock hits 10 AND the restaurant is empty. Meaning that if someone sat at their table for 10 minutes after close and someone else pulled up wanting to put in a fresh order, you weren't supposed to refuse them. The manager saw that these policies were bullshit, but that was still the actual rules that corporate handed down.

Owner is also the cook.
Boom! Just shattered your world view.
Maybe if you patronized the small businesses of your friends and neighbors instead of going to fucking Dennys and McDanks, you'd have a basic grasp of business practices.

But you didn't learn anything did you? You're just a poor poor ugly smelly redditor lacking in intelligence, culture, morality honor, ambition, and dignity, aren't you?

What's that? You're gonna cry? Good. The salt will make my fries all the tastier.

autism

>force employees to stay after close
>fire them if they do it too often
Corporate culture was a mistake.

What the fuck?

Epic dude XD

>Implying the wagecuck who has to deal with this shit owns the business or will see a monetary gain in anyway from inconsiderate assholes.

>No work ethic

Literally kys

>Working in a service-based industry

You exist to serve others.

Someone is butthurt that young folks are going places in life and he is a cucked failure working the grill in a shithole flyover diner.

>Implying one would not be fired on the spot for saying this
>Implying the owner would ever condone some disposable wageboy refusing paying customers

Do you even retail?

That business was poorly run.

>high school theater group
>going places
lel