Nerve mutation?

Hello. I hope I can post here because my question is science related...

So, my chiropractor said that I have a mutated nerve towards the back of my neck in this x-ray

Does anyone see anything abnormal?

Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

chiropractorwakeforest.com/
rom.on.ca/en/education/online-activities/ancient-egypt/life-in-ancient-egypt/infant-mortality
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mutated nerve
wat

also, you can't see nerves on an x-ray

>chiropractor
he's a quack, stop wasting your money

Haha ok thanks

Yea, he mentioned it once, but never again

this user is right
You cannot see nerves with x-rays. They go through them.
Get a real doctor.

Are you sure he didn't call it subluxated?

It's the chiropractors buzzword.

Yea, I have been hearing and seeing things.. I'm pretty sure I hallucinated the whole interaction at this point

>chiropractor

your chiropractor needs to see a doctor

Quit taking LSD and gtfo

kek'd

Mutated nerve? So he means nerve cancer?

lol chiropractors arent doctors.

>chiropractor
>medical professional

pick one. Bet that faggot 'prescribed' you colloidal silver or some homeopathic tincture too. Also, the mix between chiropractors and hallucinations is interesting. I wanna hear this story.

what is that foreign body over your 1st vertebrae though?

Could be tonsil stones but the placement is a bit too far

earrings

Not to go out of my way to defend chiropractors...but do any of you realize the current state of the medical community? I'm not too sure all these snappy chiropractor comments hold water.

Doctors are pill salesmen for the most part these days. At least a chiropractor thinks there is something besides a pill you can do to get healthy.

YEAH HOW FUCKING DARE DOCTORS PRESCRIBE MEDICINE WTF

fuck off

They give 5 year olds the equivalent of meth ALL DAY LONG.

The first thing they do is prescribe a pill. They NEVER counsel on lifestyle or diet except in passing.

I have persona knowledge of this. Your comment shows my point in a way. How come you can beat up on a chiropractor, but you can't beat up or even question the jokes of doctors running around all over?

benzo over-prescribing is even worse; possibly the most pernicious drug-related scourge on modern American society.

People don't realize what's happening. They are passing out pills, no questions asked, all day long without ever even considering the possibility of the causes or possible solutions other than the pills.

because chiropractors are all shit
doctors are mostly not shit
most of us are alive because medicine fucking works

No, most of us are alive because of hygiene and sanitation.

Most doctors are shit. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Governmental tracking device

doctors talk all the time about exercise and a good diet, where the fuck do you live?

With a doctor who says the opposite.

They serve spaghetti and pizza at every doctor meeting.

They serve jello and donuts to people recovering from surgery.

Doctors don't do this at all. You are imagining what a good doctor would do and projecting it onto the people actually doctoring.

>chiropractor

Regardless of the ethical issues of overprescribing medication, doctors are at least prescribing evidence-based treatments.

The evidence for chiropractic manipulations is a slight benefit for the treatment of lower back pain. There is no evidence to support any other claim of chiropractors, and there is a LOT of pseudoscience in the field.

Muscle response testing and live blood imaging are bunk but are both commonly found in chiropractor's offices. Subluxations don't exist and have never been demonstrated on an x-ray. Some chiropractors claim that vertebral manipulations can treat chronic immune or genetic conditions like allergies or autism. Some chiropractors perform something they call "nasal adjustments" where they claim to use a toothpick to guide a small balloon into the various sinuses in the nose by feel, a feat normally only possible with an endoscope-mounted camera.

Oh, you probably live in the US.

I'm a med student in Europe, things are a bit different here.

Eh. I think you are confusing more chiropractors with the caricature drawn of chiropractors FOR YOU, BY DOCTORS.

How many chiropractors you been to lately? I have a lot of friends that are chiropractors and they fix people all day long with joint and muscle problems, rehab from injurty, sports training, etc.

They are all in amazing shape and vibrant people. They say get sun, change your diet, I'll help you.

Doctors generally say, "here's a pill. Shut up while I type all your information into a computer for national health service records."

A chiropractor will spend an hour with you, you are lucky to get 15 minutes from a doctor.

Times are changing. Lifestyle is people's major issue and doctors simply don't address it.

Changing people's lifestyle puts them out of business.

>Eh. I think you are confusing more chiropractors with the caricature drawn of chiropractors FOR YOU, BY DOCTORS.
Nope, I basedI wrote on first-hand accounts from chiropractors who personally posted their claims on the internet.

Bingo.

I have no idea how things are in Europe.

Here, I'd imagine there would be more good doctors, but they weed them out, pound them down, and bury them in busy work.

All by design of course. They don't have time to do anything but prescribe a pill. Or at least they feel like it I guess.

>he fell for the x-ray meme
enjoy your cancer faggot

>first hand accounts
>the internet
When was the last time you spoke to one in person?

I'd admit that the older chiropractors are often times kooks. My point is that doctors are no better.

Problem is that most doctors are arrogant fools with just enough knowledge to give you 8 pills at once and not kill you. They really don't know hardly anything about really healing anyone.

The young chiropractors seem to get it and are making big change. Young doctors are just as brainwashed as ever.

Seems the teacher's pets, brown nosers become doctors. While the more independent minded do something else to help people.

Why do I need to have spoken to one? I can take them at their word by looking at the services they proudly advertise on their websites.

And no, it's not just the old chiros. The middle aged and young ones are just as bad.

chiropractorwakeforest.com/ Here's a chiro that practices about half an hour from me. One of the prominent techniques advertised on his site is applied kinesiology. Applied kinesiology is a technique where you touch a person with either a homeopathic preparation of some item or compound, with an item itself, or just a place on the outside of the body vaguely near an organ's location, and then test to see if a muscle in the arm or leg can resist a force applied to it.

It's complete and utter nonsense.

But you realize that statins are nonsense too right? And are prescribed by the vast majority of doctors?

You realize that meth to 5 year olds is a bad idea right? And that the majority of pediatricians will recommend them for ANYTHING AT ALL?

So...my point is getting across?

Again, I'm not here to defend shit ideas from chiropractors. I'm here to point out the medical community is just as guilty and imo does far worse with their BS than chiropractors ever did.

Like I said, I don't want to discuss the ethics of overprescribing medication. Giving prescriptions for ADD/ADHD drugs out like candy is not a good thing. However, there is at least some evidence that those drugs have the desired effect.

And yeah, there are a lot of bullshit older ideas that older doctors cling to despite newer evidence to the contrary.

However, I still think that the overall risk for harm is greater with chiros than traditional medicine. They're doing things that, by and large, actually work to treat the thing they're trying to treat, even if they're often not stopping to consider whether that's the absolute best option. The body of evidence they use to guide their treatment decisions is based on well-tested techniques for evidence gathering.

I think you are missing the point.

By prescribing these medicines they are HARMING people. Not helping them.

A blood pressure pill brings down blood pressure. THAT DOES NOT HELP. It just lowers blood pressure.

A statin lowers cholesterol. THAT DOES NOT HELP. It just lowers cholesterol.

I think you have an inflated opinion of the "good" they are doing. They'd be better off with no pills (barring antibiotics) and teaching people about their lifestyle and nutrition so they can keep the doctor away to start.

They don't do that. Take the docs off the pedestal. You seem to assume that because the stuff works that it's good. That is a big assumption.

No, I fully understand your point. I'm not addressing it because it's not relevant to my original post, and I've been trying to remain in the bounds I set there.

My original post was about the evidentiary basis for the practice. Chiropractic's evidentiary basis is largely non-existent. If you go to a chiropractor, you're going to be exposed to treatments and diganostic assays that have about as much evidence for their effectiveness as astrology.

>your 1st vertebrae
The singular of vertebrae is vertebra

Well I have evidence you are a faggot. That's not a good thing. You aren't addressing it because you insist on belittling chiropractors and slobbing the knobs of doctors.

And what works is diet and lifestyle. That's PROVEN WITH SCIENCE far more than anything.

Chiropractors tell you this with enthusiasm. Doctors hide it.

Find a fat chiropractor and I'll show you 50 fat doctors.

"Staying" within the bounds" of your original post is a nice way to pretend you are right and never discuss any details or alternate viewpoints that don't accept the premise. Shitty way to conversate.

>You aren't addressing it because you insist on belittling chiropractors
When people do wacky things, I will call them on it. Most of what chiropractors do is complete nonsense.

Same with doctors. Start calling them on it.

t. Third worldfag. Prescriptions are standard because that's what the doctor is ultimately there for, however, I've always had doctors that give helpful preventative advice in tandem. You just sound like you've had shitty doctors

So do people not understand that there are such things as legitimate chiropractors?

Sorry user but a blood pressure pill that brings down blood pressure clearly works. I agree with you that it would be better if there was more attention for prevention in Burgerstan, but if a person lives longer because of pills then the pills work. Also not all diseases are preventable by lifestyle alone. Old people will always have problems with parts of their bodies, because they are literally getting old.

It works to bring down blood pressure. Of course.

Is that good? There is very little evidence to support that it's good.

The body has raised blood pressure for a reason. Lowering it without fixing the reason it was raised causes all sorts of other problems.

There is another level you aren't thinking on. Cholesterol pills lower cholesterol. BUT YOU HAVE RAISED CHOLESTEROL FOR A REASON.

Basically we are just tamping down symptoms and the symptoms are actually the body attempting to fix itself and react to the LIFESTYLE it is living in.

No, there has been an amazing campaign against them. I'm trying to get a couple of anons here to realize that.

I don't have doctors. I'm the picture of health. I have an SO who is one and I have inside information.

Here's a tip. Are you a drug addict? Go to any corporate hospital and they'll put you in a bed for the night, feed you, and give you drugs.

> I don't like some of the popular practices in the medical industry

>therefor quacks selling make believe cures and mumbo jumbo are good

what kind of dumbass logic is this? It would be reasonable to say that both chiropracters AND modern medicine are bad, but saying that chiropractic quacks are good BECAUSE real doctors are out to make a profit is a non sequitur

I don't think anyone said what you think they said.

this is simply wrong

it's like saying you get cancer or autoimmune disease for a reason

If you break your leg, would you not use a cast because clearly you body WANTS your bone to heal crooked?

The body isn't perfect. Some of the systems are flawed and fuck you up. Somebody might "naturally" cure an infection with a high fever, but as a result their brain and eyes get cooked and they have permanently reduced mental and visual abilities. Having high cholesterol isn't a good thing when it leads directly to fatal heart attacks.

Some people seem to have this idea that the human body is some perfect flawless thing that can perfectly correct any problem. If you stop and thing about it for even a second this is obviously not true. The human body is a jury rigged mess that works just good enough that you'll probably live to around 30 without outside help

this guy
he's trying to say that Chiropractors are good because he doesn't like how modern doctors work

wut?

This is sarcasm right?

Cancer is always in everyone. A good immune system from a healthy lifestyle easily extinguishes it. This is another reason it's important to not just cover things up with pills.

Underlying issues must be addressed.

Most people with auto immune have "leaky gut" or a permeable gut lining do to their diet. This lets in large foreign proteins that normally wouldn't be in the bloodstream. Then the body attacks them and anything resembling them.

Other reasons too, but the body is smart. Way smarter than doctors. If you have high blood pressure, the thing to do is FIGURE OUT WHY AND FIX IT. The reason is not a deficiency in blood pressure pills.

But I DID NOT say that. You just want me to be saying that so you can discount what I'm saying.

Good faggot tactic.

>A good immune system prevents cancer

that's really not how it works at all. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. A lot of cancers aren't even flagged by the immune system as bad at all, because they're basically just normal healthy cells as far as your body can tell

You are, sorry to say, extremely ignorant of the body.

Tribal people not connected to western civilization live regularly to 70 barring a massive injury of some kind.

Try reading about them and seeing what reality is.

The life expectancy in recent times was so low because of industrial lifestyles. Corn for food, living in tenements, 12 to a room, no change of clothes, shit running down the street, etc.

Hygiene and sanitation added 30 years to expected life span. Nothing else has made a dent.

You are all bluster, no substance. You aren't going to convince anybody here of your schizophrenic-tier beliefs of the bodies mystical healing powers and the conspiracy of evil doctors trying to drug your kids

You used the word "cancer" lackadaisically so I did too.

You can't then immediately switch to a technical definition.

"Cancer' that people die from, the only one worth being concerned about, only occurs in otherwise healthy people on very rare occasion.

Find me someone with cancer and I'll show you a person with high blood pressure, metabolic problems, digestive issues, pre beetus or worse, on and on.

That was the exception, not the rule. Most people were extremely lucky to live past 5 years old before modern medicine

rom.on.ca/en/education/online-activities/ancient-egypt/life-in-ancient-egypt/infant-mortality

Well, I'm not trying to do that. So...

What are you doing on a science forum if you just have fake arguments with straw men all day?

I already covered you there.

HYGIENE AND SANITATION did that. Not modern medicine.

Washing hands and not letting shit run down the street. NOT MODERN MEDICINE.

The myth and lie they've sold everyone is that they were responsible for those gains. They were not.

What are you doing on a science forum if you're just going to spout nonsense from newage gurus like "a healthy immune system can fight cancer" and "high cholesterol is good for you"? This is just complete nonsense. You aren't having a reasonable scientific discussion. You are making the ravings of a loon.

Because the first statement is true and backed up by immunology 101.

And I didn't say the last thing. I more accurately said that the body has raised cholesterol levels FOR A REASON. Artificially lowering cholesterol levels doesn't rid the person of THE REASON OR CAUSE.

You are a massive faggot and either can't read or don't care to.

Infant mortality was still high in cleaner societies like Rome were they bathed frequently and disposed properly of sewage, and even in small isolated tribes were there weren't enough people to cause major sanitation problems. For example a lo of native American tribes were extremely clean living; in fact one of the major reasons that the European plagues hit them so hard was because they weren't as used to so much disease as Europeans. That's why Europeans weren't wiped out by American diseases like the Americans were wiped out by Europeans. Yet to spite their clean living and frequent bathing, they still died at a young age and living over 50 made you an extremely rare honored elder.

Hygiene and sanitation.

And I also don't really see what your point is?

I have derided pill prescribing shit doctors. I have made claims regarding emergency medicine and the like which all do wonders.

>No claims I meant.

Life saving technology is legit. Pharmaceuticals just aren't. The data bears it out.

All cause mortality for statins is flat whether you take them or not. But cholesterol sure goes down!

I lost my private insurance during that AHC shit. I started coughing up blood. I went to the doctor. Can't go or be seen because wrong insurance. Go to the Mexican doctor down the street. Sick kids everywhere just sneezing and wiping shit everywhere. I go to the check in counter where they don't even speak English and motioned that I'm coughing and need a doctor.
Doctor comes out and looks high as shit. Blood shot eyes, glazed over, didn't even realize I walked pass him. I sit down on the bed and he says "so you're coughing, I can give you some coediene if you need more come back."
"Will this help with me coughing blood?"
"Not really just take it easy. Your prescription is in the front counter." And then that fucker leaves out the room like nothing happened.
Modern doctors are shit because of health insurance companies and government regulations.

Yes, you are hitting the nail on the head.

It's all about incentives. They are incentivized to be garbage and hand out pills.

But at this point most of them don't even know better. They take NO NUTRITION classes at all and spend close to 50% of their studies doing pharmacology.

Why so much pharmacology? Because it goes without saying you'll be prescribing meds all day long, eight at a time to the same person, and we don't want to kill him with the cocktail.

look into mike mew, hes a real doctor

>first verteBRA
>not atlas
t. brainlet

holy fuck dude there's a skeleton inside of you!

For all you faggots defending doctors, read a book called "Overtreated" it talks about doctors and why they are fucky, among other things. Oh wait, you won't because you're all brainlets with no attention span.