OVERPOPULATIPON

Let's face it, there's way too many people on this planet and they're draining our resources and destroying our habitats. It's also the biggest cause of extinction of many species.

How do we reduce Earth's human population to a more manageable size? How do we do it quickly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsBT5EQt348&t=18s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population#Milestones_by_the_billions
youtu.be/ezVk1ahRF78?t=10m
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Actually, Earth can sustain the humans, not the system... It only consumes and destroys

I agree man. As a white man, I think we need to urge other whites to stop having kids and shit so we can support our African brothers and other peoples of color. And if that don't work then shit, maybe us whites need to get smoked, you know what I'm saying?

A lot of people need to die. Like 66%

dumb.

Have you done any homework at all?

the WORLD isnt overpopulated you turbocuck

Regions of the world are overpopulated.

Those regions are excessively poor areas where it makes sense to have 17 kids because most of them are going to die anyways and you need someone to take care of you when youre old.
how do you solve this problem?

add infrastructure into these areas at the expense of otherwise wealthier areas until the region can produce its own wealth.

>How do we reduce Earth's human population to a more manageable size?

By getting rid of white people. First only the men, and we can keep the women to be breeding farms. If after killing the men there are still too many of us then we can kill the ugly women too. No one really cares about them.

>How do we do it quickly?
Just push the idea that if you are white and you do not kill yourself then you are hurting the environment, muslims and black people and that makes you racist.

>Regions of the world are overpopulated.
There's a reason for that: other regions cannot sustain population well.

Fuckin... massive terminal virus outbreak, flooding due to melting of ice caps, tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, and nuclear war

"we" can't do anything about it except wait for the wars and dieoffs that will result from us running out of important resources

Well, i would say its mostly because people are not incentivised into having 36 kids in say, houston texas, as opposed to say, eastern india.

Kill 1 billion niggers by any means necessary. Everyone else is at or below 2.1 children per woman (give or take .5).

Biological weapons are the best choice.

No such thing for humans. We will all be high rollers soon and our birth rates will drop and level out.

youtube.com/watch?v=QsBT5EQt348&t=18s

We need more deadly viruses.

Birth rates are below the replacement rate and falling, most of the world is uninhabited, and quite frankly you're just retarded.

do you want the whole world to be filled with low IQ retards that keep on migrating and breeding like rats?
you're the one who;s retarded.

That's precisely why overpopulation is a meme and you should start having more children.

I WANT ONE BILLION NIGGER SCALPS NOW REEEEEEEEE

can you go back to /pol/?

you can't fuck your way out of overpopulation you mouthbreathign retard.

When in a hole, STOP DIGGING (or fucking in this case).

[citation needed]
Malthus was wrong. We could easily supply everyone with a quality life given existing resources. Some choose to not have a quality life, even if it is handed to them by flawed policies, some are denied it by flawed policies, not any true lack of resources.

But there is no overpopulation that's the point. You're just another underage summerfag that's using this thread as an excuse to shitpost.

Here's a conundrum for you: if white people are so racially superior then why do Ashkenazi Jews have an average IQ one whole standard of deviation higher than white people? Honestly we should start exterminating useless white people too while we're at it.

>How do we reduce Earth's human population to a more manageable size? How do we do it quickly?
Consider learning anything at all about sociology and demographic changes, rather than making thinly-veiled "how do we kill the niggers?" threads on Veeky Forums.
Also, fuck off.

Populations stabilise after regions reach a certain level of education and economic prosperity.

Overpopulation is a myth perpetuated to shift the blame off the biggest consumers in the world, onto the most numerous group on the world. A poor african doesn't consume 1/100 of what a lower class american does.

The problem is overconsumption a lot more than overpopulation. Until we rich fat fucks get our ducks in a row, we should shut up and just give the 3rd world whatever tiny crumbs it takes to improve women's education and subsidize condoms.

...and a functioning pension system, that is the basic reason for having many kids.
Religious reasons merely make a virtue out of a necessity.

A population exploding into infinity is a meme, but the 10-12 bn we are now stabilizing towards is too damn high.
A long term stable max is 3 billion, about where we were after ww2.

[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population#Milestones_by_the_billions

youtu.be/ezVk1ahRF78?t=10m

>wikipedia
>TED talk
hahaha anyone can get a TED talk and say whatever garbage they want

"theyre draining our resources"
don't you mean you are draining my resources you littering scum

I'm surprised Shareblue still has funding left to operate this late.

since you can't into math, fuck off to

"when you run out of arguments, shout pol.jpg"

Shareblue? Is that some dumb reincarnation of the JDIF for you people?

A fully automated economy where there is only work for 5% to 10% of the population to do. The other 90% to 95% will starve to death because they cant compete with robots for jobs.

You can't math
so go to hell

Have you ever heard of the concept of carrying capacity?

It's a self correcting problem and really only a problem in a small corner of this planet (India/Asia .. soon to be Africa)

The real issue is developed countries being full of inexperienced, idealistic idiots who have become comfortable in the wonderful world their forebears created for them and in that comfort and complacency are going to allow the swarm to eat them up first before that problem completely self corrects

>It's a self correcting problem
so if 70% of the animals and plants on the planet go extinct because we kill them all or burned/plowed under their habitats will they become un-extinct when the problem "self corrects"?

The answer is no, obviously.

will it be possible for some madman to use CRISPR to make some virus or something and kill off half the planet?

>will it be possible
if you freak out about all the shitty things that are possible (yes that one is) then you will cower in your bed every day because the world is a fucked up place.

isn't this CRISPR shit an existential threat type of tech? like nukes and AI?

Its a distribution issue. The world produces far far more food than is eaten. Something like 50% of all food rots in the fields, distribution centers, and store shelves.

Food is not the only issue. Most of this board accepts that global warming, pollution, animal extinctions, overfishing, etc... are happening as a result of, or exacerbated by human activity but whenever the topic of overpopulation comes up these issues are entirely ignored and everyone acts as if the only, easily solved, issue is food or space. If our population doubles then obviously our energy needs will also increase, aggravating these issues further. Instead of addressing those we get responses like "the entire population of earth could fit into texas!".

This is at the root of the societal values we have pushed for with capitalism. "You've got to go to work if you want to go to town."
What I predict in the coming robot workforce overhaul is that companies will be required by law to have like 70% human labour, not out of necessity but literally gimping themselves to not have a 90% unemployment rate, because any other option will invariably lead to "universal incomes" and that'll get completely outcried as communism.

>by law
>thinking government can continue to exist in a highly digital world

The retards answering you dont actually know anything about the environmental problems with overpopulation. There are the things you mention as well as the bigger issues like competition for resources and collapse of societal stabilizing factors such as culture and partitioned tradition. We already see a bit of backlash from the latter, today. People, although social creatures in nature, desire similar and familiar faces to socialize with. Competition for resources is a whole other topic. The distribution of people is just a minor detail to the 2 larger problems stated above which will ultimately lead all of humanity to either start eating each other or killing each other for the purpose of cheap fertilizer ingredients.

nuke everything not canada, england or australia and the entire world's problems are solved

new zealand can stay too I guess

this guy knows. overpopulation will destroy us all.

start with yourself

desu we could probably fit and feed 20 billion on the planet easily, we just have to ditch some ideas like suburbia unless we want literal continental megasprawl. America doesn't even come close to its full agricultural output, a lot of the corn crop for instance is wasted or grown only for corn syrup. Africa has a huge amount of land fit for agriculture currently unused because Africans can't into agriculture. Beyond 20 billion we certainly have the room, but at that point we might not have the agricultural space without creative solutions.

Get it going.

kys

Yet another genocidal nazi cartoon idiot, screaming from his mom's cellar.

If India and Pakistan go to war, and blow up just half of their nuclear weapons, it would fuck up the whole world's (yes yours too) food crops for a decade at least - you wouldn't survive.

>they
>our
>they
>our

it's ALWAYS the same with you overpopulation jerks: YOU are never part of the group that needs to be culled.

how about you stop being part of the problem and kill yourself, faggot?

Well, given there are specific groups currently breeding like rabbits and one or two not, I'd say the ones overbreeding need to be fixed.

>If India and Pakistan go to war, and blow up just half of their nuclear weapons, it would fuck up the whole world's (yes yours too) food crops for a decade at least

>set off over 2000 nukes, sometimes upwards of 100 in a single year all around the world
>world doesn't even know until the the information is finally unclassified
>20 years after signing of CTBT nukes are obscure black magic that will blow up the world, like in some bad CGI, or at least bring about another ice age or similar ridiculous shit

don't worry
mummy nature has got this
10 degrees warmer and most of the world becomes a heat death

In most of the West, population is already in decline. Economically that may be bad but for the environment that is good.

In some developing countries, the situation is really bad. In 1950, there were 200 million people. In 2000, that was 800 million. Today, it's 1,2 billion. In 2100, UN predicts that there will be 4 billion people in Africa. I don't know how many people that continent can support but I doubt it's 4 billion

/thread

Not him but the "rabbits" as you refer to expends and consumes 1/5 of the resources a first world nation populace goes through.

As the previous user point out a major problem with this overpopulation argument is that advocators don't look in the mirror and realize they're part of the problem.

>In 2100, UN predicts that there will be 4 billion people in Africa.
That's a pure wild speculation, not a prediction.
I will eat my fucking shoes, if anyone can seriously predict - with any solid degree of accuracy- what will the situation on African (or any) continent be like 8 decades from now.

>I don't know how many people that continent can support but I doubt it's 4 billion
Africa is 2nd largest continent by landmass and counting out about a quarter of it which is desert, it's pretty much entirely arable. If India which is 1/20th the size of Africa can handle 1.5 billion, Africa should be able to handle 4.
That is, unless everything between Cancer and Capricorn tropics becomes a
fucking oven.

I'm mostly concerned about the fresh water reserves. That might turn out to be a local problem at least

As for the population growth, we know how many children women in Africa have per person. Would it be reasonable to assume that that won't change very fast?

>Would it be reasonable to assume that that won't change very fast?
we pretty much went from 5-10 kids per family to less than two in less than a century
there is nothing preventing Africa and southeast Asia from doing the same
all depends on the pace of soc/econ development

>As for the population growth, we know how many children women in Africa have per person. Would it be reasonable to assume that that won't change very fast?
Definitely not.

>OVERPOPULATIPON
it's teh OVERPOPULATIPON meme again!
KYS faggot pls

>there is nothing preventing Africa and southeast Asia from doing the same
they're niggers, if you give them condoms they use them as hats

Subtropics, latitudes 23.5 - 40,
will see 50% to 75 % failing rain as GW approaches the 450ppm / 2C level

is that increase or decrease?

>thinks underground test explosions are the same as in war

decrease

Why did all those green deep ecology think tanks stop considering overpopulation a threat a while back?

There's no way this bullshit is sustainable I don't care how many videos commissioned by the UN that argue fertility is leveling off and that everything is going to be okay are made.

your opinion is irrelevant
you did not even bother stating what is it based on

Woah nice rebuttal there bro.

the most appropriate rebuttal for "there is now way" with nothing to support the claim is "go fuck yourself, faggot"

Anime. It worked for Japan.

>realize they're part of the problem
I recycle.

>Behavioral Sink
we'll just self-regulate

7 billion people and growing is the root cause of all ecological issues and there are no two ways around it. Ecological sustainability is impossible without a massive culling.

>Ecological sustainability is impossible without a massive culling.

Or you know we can be more resource efficient.

ramblings
not only does fraction of humanity completely dwarf the hulking majority in both carbon emissions and resource consumption, who the fuck are you to say who gets to go and who can stay?
How about amerifats stop eating 50,000 kcal a day, drive 6 liter engined cars and watering their fucking lawns with perfectly drinkable water. They could feed India with their fucking leftovers, yet numbers and niggers always get the blame.

Clearly we need to wipe out all non-whites then

I'm a white American man, but I drive a Jetta, work from home, don't water the lawn, probably waste less food than average and I don't buy a new iPad every 2 years.
Most importantly though, I don't have any kids.
If you decided to have children, you've chosen to have more impact on this planet than I ever could, even if I ate a cow a day for the rest of my life.

We can easily fit trillions into various mega structures that are buildable with today's technology. That can include all the indoor farming you could ever want to sustain those trillions. This is really a non-issue.

>Cows can contribute positively to more efficient use of resources the same way a well educated human child can
Moo lad

yeah, but you can't feed all those people and all these people leave a huge environmental footprint.

we need one child policy for the whole world. especially for 3rd world shitholes.

One child policy is completely shit and I know Chinese people who had kids and we're kids under the system.

It's actually much more accurate to say underutilized then overpopulation honestly.

more like 80-90
over 1 billion was a mistake

Not my problem

>we can kill the ugly women too.
keeping nigger alive = produce an offspring ugly woman.

nice plan you got

Nuke China and India

The thing is that Indians and Africans don't consume NEARLY as many resources as you do as a first worlder.

>there's way too many people on this planet and they're draining our resources and destroying our habitats. It's also the biggest cause of extinction of many species.

A bold claim user, Im interested. Where do you suppose we start, any data of this 'overpopulation'. I look forward to seeing your proof and sources for this shocking info requiring the removal of a large percentage of all human life.
>source: Let's face it
Oh

>overpopulatipon