What's Veeky Forums's opinion of The Art of the Deal?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion of The Art of the Deal?

What are yours?

Kino

I haven't read it but I see it as interesting insight on the man behind the flair. I don't have the money for it until tomorrow but I plan on ordering it soon

I like Trump but I had to put this book down after a few pages. It all feels deeply materialistic and I also learned that the way he made money is phone calls to set up deals, which means he didn't actually do any work at all.

heard tony schwartz in a podcast and he practically made it up as he went along. granted, this after he had publicly denounced trump.

Awful desu

Life changing. I base my entire life around the wisdom contained within.

No shit he didn't do any work. He isn't a good businessman but he's extremely lucky.

A lot of Trump's voice comes through. You can see a lot of the same persona in his old business dealings as came out in the election: "Controversy, in short, sells." Classic Don.

The business dealings are entertaining to read through. His main points are that he always looked to buy undervalued property, avoided putting any money down for as long as possible, and did a good job of obtaining and exercising options.

In short, it's a quick, fun read, and really shows how little Trump has changed over the last thirty years. His MO is exactly the same as it was during the election. Recommended for anyone seeking to seriously understand the thought process of our new President.

t. someone who's halfway through

Does the same person make these threads or are there actually that many people that are curious about Veeky Forums's opinion on The Art of the Deal?

Irrelevant since the ghost writer denounced it.

They're /pol/ brainlets seeking validation from people who actually read and know about books.

Very enjoyable read, has the same depth as his speeches. Conversational mentoring tone with a focus of analyzing and critiquing his former business exploits. Comes off as somewhat self reflective but also vain because he never really loses except with the USFL which was only a lose due to the other teams not his.

If you are as retarded as this nigger: consider killing yourself instead.
>I like Trump but I had to put this book down after a few pages
>It all feels deeply materialistic
Grow the fuck up

saged because this thread comes up too often and is probably bait

>has the same depth as his speeches

So none at all? He's a great orator and debater, but his actual dialouge isn't constructive or even logical.

OP here

I am genuinly interested and if it's a meme, I had no intention of fueling it.

See

It was okay.

why would i read pussy ass shit like this when i could read a book written by THE winner of big brother season 10, dan gheesling

>has the same depth as his speeches
not sure if subtle jab

Isn't that the guy who back stabbed everyone only to do it again in the reunion AND told everyone before it all started that he was going to fuck them over?

The Art of the Deal is undoubtedly the pinnacle of western thought and literature.

rather than a work of literature or even self help bourgeoisie ideology, The Art of the Deal has to be understood as advertising copy for Trump's brand.

I wasn't implying anything you fucking faggots.
If you are so interested in my opinion I think his speeches are extremely shallow and should be taken at face value. In the sense that a politician(or an english major or whatever for books) would create something poetic and inspiring, Trump instead uses basic vocabulary focusing more on emphasizing points and being universally understandable.

It is very Kafkaesque

>He's a great orator and debater
great orator if we throw out the whole 'speech' part like you admit, but debater? dude argues like a fifth grader. can't refute a single point.

He wrecked Jeb bush pretty bad multiple times

name calling and insulting =/= debating

It proved Jeb was a spineless coward who shouldn't be in politics. He's too nice. He'd be better off as a math teacher or librarian something

I read his book on How To Get Rich for a class as a joke when I was a high school freshman. I was surprised by how vacuous it was, as it was mostly just him talking about himself. There weren't any insight you couldn't get from common sense.

Well the guy who wrote it says it's pretty much all bullshit and the substantive information on Trump's dealings is extremely cherry picked.

I guess it might be an interesting to learn more about this retard but since I know Trump had very little to do with it and it's filtered through a third party who is only focused on making Trump look good and selling lots of copies I feel like it would end up disappointing me.

Trump is not an orator or a rhetorician, no use for that anymore. We are out of the polis and back into the pre literate cybernetic/animistic world of our tribal ancestors. The orator is replaced by the Shaman. The Shaman's utterances are not persuasive or even coherent propositions, they are ritual incantations that bend reality to the will.

Reminds me of some shitty series my dad used to read which ended up bankrupting him

I find this post very compelling. It makes me wonder what Jung would have thought of Trump.

I'm sure Trump already plans to befriend Kimmy-Boi

>Kafkaesque