Write what's on your mind

Write what's on your mind.
I'm so lonely that i need anonymous people to give me some human empathy.

Hmmm, what's on my mind? I'm currently thinking that OP should have used the catalog.

--Tiny Steps Of Change__

Wearing a reversible jacket becomes
a coast only to wear on Sundays.

Beginning to breathe on Saturday
begins on the clock that rest's
on Friday .

Tonight is the night that begins
like an empty cave on Thursday .

Trump is going to fuck us and his hooliganistic fans that got him in are all completely retarded considering he never even talked about a plan during his campaign speeches.

>he haz no plan
>what is the wall
cuck

After turning thirty I am markedly more fixated on cumming inside. The biological instinct to procreate is real. I'm not in a relationship.

The wall will cost $10 billion which Mexico refuses to pay and will have little effectiveness in countering the illegal immigration that actually upholds our economy. By 2050, we will be paying for immigrants to come here and take jobs. Read The Next 100 Years by George Friedman instead of your pretentious Mason & Dixon "literature" bullshit and maybe you won't be quick to call someone a duck your right-wing nutjob plebian.

*cuck not duck fucking autocorrect

>The Next 100 Years

A useless book. The past year and a half has proven that we cannot know anything about what the future will look like.

>he haz no plan
>confronted with plan
>i no like plan

so, you concede the initial argument immediately? good.

You haven't read it and yet you call it useless. None of it is absolutely definite sure but you can't simply ignore it. Especially coming from an expert in geopolitics.

Here is another poetic device.................

--Lost Forever__

House of four doors forever trapped inside
it's Maze.
/
House of four doors always into the escape
it goes .
//
House of four doors among the endless sand.
///
House of four doors our love begins again .
////
House of four doors alone inside it's four walls.
_______

I didn't mean that he had absolutely no plans at all. What I meant was that he has very little that is logical and concrete. He commented on creating many jobs but he has not listed any actual outline as to how he plans to do it. The wall is completely illogical and a waste of time and money, his cabinet members are largely incompetent (maybe except for Secretary of Defense), and he is hot tempered which is not good for foreign diplomatic tensions. He also seems to be ready to use nuclear weapons which is also disturbing and wants to enstate a draft for no reason.

>don't read this
>read that to know why i am right

Not him, but yeah you're a defeatist, self hating, barbarian fetishist, how-does-macroeconomic-works, ungrateful, contrarian cuck.

Leave the US if you don't like it and let others in.

Very good

Using meaningless buzzwords does little to help you. By the way, leaving a country because you don't like the way it works is stupid. Political action is necessary. I wouldn't be able to live anywhere if I followed such a philosophy. Also, I thought you didn't want to let others in? Isn't immigration (something that is already extremely difficult to do) something he wants to make more difficult?

yeah yeah, i get it. you're afraid. the guy's been in office for five days. he obviously had the mental capacity to defeat an opponent with a stacked deck. maybe a chance should be given to him. in the meantime, you coming and raiding Veeky Forums with your whiny bullshit is fucking annoying. go to /pol/ if you want to talk this shit. Veeky Forums is already a fairly neutral if not lefty board. can't you talk about literature? what the fuck do you think whining on Veeky Forums is going to do? write some letters, volunteer and shit. don't fucking make threads bitching about trump's literacy. it's a thinly veiled attempt to turn Veeky Forums into /pol/ and it's a really shitty thing to do.

It was simply a response to your comment. This whole thread is writing about what is on your mind. This is what is on my mind.

>Implying you aren't part of the shitshow on Veeky Forums right now talking trump

This is literally the only political statement I've ever made on this board. I know that because I mostly lurk. I don't see this "/pol/ transformation" you're talking about. And even if it were real, I wouldn't be part of it as /pol/ is a right wing board while I'm more left wing (though I consider myself moderate).

yeah, well. shut up, you cuck.

Oh I get it it's b8

no, i genuinely think you're a cuck and legitimately wish you'd shut the fuck up.

Oh. It isn't a very good argument.

I can't do another day. Everything is fucking noise, everyone just shut up. I don't give a fuck how your trip to Cabo was and I don't want to tell you what I'm doing this weekend. Leave me alone. I want one entire day of silence and solitude to reset in the slim hopes that it will give me the resolve to put on the happy face that pretends it cares what you say or what you think for another week.

>insinuating that me wanting you to leave and tend to your wife's son is an argument

We were arguing were we not?

that you're a cuck? no, that is an inherently evident truth in every word you say.

Why do you keep calling me a cuck? I'm not asking for the sake of argument. I'm just curious.

not really sure. just frustrated at all the rhetoric constantly flinging around and i just want to talk about books with my friends. so, have you read anything good lately? i'm in a lull trying to get motivated to read simplicissumus.

I understand. Apologies if I was aggressive. I've been reading 1Q84 (English version). So far it has been decent but I would be lying if I said it isn't slow at times. By the way, I searched up Simplicissumus. It sounds good. Why do you need motivation? Is it long or difficult?

no no, it's just the process of reading. i go in spurts, like, i read about five books last week, and now i'm a bit inert. just gotta get hyped and just do it.

also, IQ84, is that like the japanese equivalent of magical realism?

Yeah basically. It's a very odd book. I don't want to give too much away though. Also, why not just read one book a week? You might enjoy it more.

either i do it el rapidio or never at all. thecurse of being an inattentive person woth no willpower. but hey, we're gonna be okay. i was reading turgenev before, and it was so good. i liked the guy far more than tolstoy or dosty, then i read some gogol, blew my mind. if you ever read it, make sure you grab the guerney version. really captured more of the humor that seemed out of reach in the other translations i had picked up. i was gonna read wp and i just finally decided i wouldn't be reading it because i wanted to, but more because it's been hailed as this magnificent thing that's required reading. i mean i read ak and i didn't like it at all, why subject myself to a thousand pages of it when i could read something i actually want to read, like chekhov or grimmelhausen?

True. A lot of these books I see on this board I feel as if I "need to read" but it simply isn't true. But now that I have shrugged the pressure of reading certain works, I have found a lot of fiction that I otherwise never would have heard of and have become a smarter and more cultured person because of it.

i don't know if i read to be smarter, usually i'm a plot fag who soaks up a lot of prose from what i read when i do find myself immersed. i find, for instance, that when i read a novel written by a british person, i adopt an accent that even affects my speech patterns. it's quite transient though, since my mind flits with the winds. it's frustrating not being able to harness it, so i typically rely on pleasing storylines. otherwise i would be an incredibly talented author without question.

I always try to extract life and writing lessons from fiction and nonfiction but especially the former.

i figure in about ten more years i'll have developed enough experience to shit out an uneven book. i'll be satisfied with that.

I was going to post this in response to the subject of cultural relativism in the /pol/ fuck off thread but it was deleted while I was typing the reply so I'll post it here:

you know what I don't understand about people having an issue with cultural relativism is that it isn't simply an idea that liberals (american left) entertain as a superior ethical stance on which to judge others (or seriously take into account) in their respective society.

it can also be seen as quite a powerful tool that is necessary when assessing intelligence reports and considering geopolitical strategy. not to mention mending ties and coming to understand one another for the benefit of all our countrymen within the country.

an ethnocentric (culture not race) justice and political system makes the most sense and is what the us currently has in place. a truly ethnocentric culture in the us, however, is a vestigial fantasy at this point. you change and adapt or you die.

if the alt-right in the us truly want america to prosper why don't they advocate for a more active foreign policy? dismantling our geopolitical strategy and enacting isolationism in this age of developing countries and globalism is a sure route to economic stagnation. the nuclear family 50s ideal that they pine for was only possible because of the destruction of nations during wwII -- it had nothing to do with a strong ethnocentric culture, really.

in my opinion the culture of a country is irrelevant to the ruling class. the people of the us aren't suffering because of blatant strawmen that the influential drape in front of their faces. they are suffering because of greedy men surrounded by sycophants exactly like trump who exploit their countrymen while pissing on them and laughing in contempt from their golden firmament.

I really believe that most people in us want to move the country forward toward a better future but so many end caught up in the alluring strangehold of simple ideology. and I can see why that might be a comforting respite to fall into. but really it's like navigating a forest at night, blindfolded, with a pack of wolves in pursuit.

Same. Do I want to create a piece of literature that propels us into a new age? Yeah but so does every other writer and chances are I'm not going to do that so I need to lower the standards I set for myself.

i dunno, i don't even want to propel us anywhere. we don't deserve propulsion. i just want to write something that someone will read and have an emotional response to, something that i write for it to be funny, that turns out really grim and fucked up. always seems to happen with my shorter stories. anyway, good luck my man, i'm glad we could turn the wheel and make this into a decent conversation. i will say one thing in regards to america and politics in general though. i think you and i as people aren't opposed in the sense that we want a successful country and happy healthy people living good lives. that's something i will always take solace in.

Appeal to authority

I'm not sure if i should keep going to improv classes. It's not all that bad but i'd rather be doing stand up. I hate being 19 and i just want to be 21 so i can go to open mics. The only reason i'm going to improv is because it's the closest thing i can do that's related to stand up.

cons
1. everyone is way older than me and it's harder to make friends and relate to these people
2. as an art form i don't really like improv that much and i feel like i'm doing it half heartedly while a lot of my fellow peers are really into it
3. i feel like maybe i won't be able to keep up skills wise and i'll get left behind by my peers

pros
1. it gives me something to do and it makes me get out of the house more
2. i'm around people i normally wouldn't be
3. i'm being creatively challenged (even though i might not be able to keep up)
4. i'm doing something that might help me with stand up down the line

Me too. It was nice talking.

I keked at the duck tho

>23
>Live at home with parents
>Never leave the house
>No friends
>Vir*cough*gin
>Haven't gone to college
>No work experience
>Spend all day consuming books/forums/articles, watching videos, listening to music
>Have conflicting thoughts that I should be contributing to society and creating things for other people to consume
>But I just don't care that much.
>Nothing matters in the end so I should just do what I enjoy
>"Nice hedonism you got there, user."
>Days keep going by
>I should be doing something for other people though. It just seems right. But what? Anything - right? Just do anything. But what?
>I'll figure out eventually what I want to do if I consume enough.
>More days go by
>Read another book
>Watch another video
>Listen to another album
>Days keep going by
>Well that's not working. I know that connections with other people are important so I should probably talk to someone yeah? Or get a job. Or go to college. Losing my virginity would also be nice. Why don't I do something? Wait - why am I living again?
>"Because you still like consuming shit"
>Right so I don't see the point in killing myself. I'm gonna listen to some more music.
>"Why don't you make some music, user"
>I started playing on this old keyboard but haven't felt like composing a whole song.
>"Well, that's better than nothing but why don't you get a job? Do you want to live with your parents forever"
>No, but if I work then I feel that I'll have even less time to figure out what I really want to do with my life.
>"Just get a fucking job, user"
>No.
>"Go to college then and figure out what you want to do."
>I feel like I'll just be wasting time there.
"Jesus fucking christ, user."
>I'll just read some more and figure it out eventually.
>"user, you keep going in circles. Do you want to be in this same situation 5 years from now?
>Doesn't really matter in the end
>"Are we going to go through this again?"
>Yeah.
>"Why don't you talk to someone?"
>I am.
>"No, you're talking to your fucking self.

Sometimes I'm terrified when I leave the house. I think everyone I pass sneers at me and thinks I'm disgusting. I'm borderline, but through years of hard work, I've managed to work through and mitigate the worst of outward insanity, but internally, I'm constantly afraid everyone is mad at me, that I've fucked up.

I'm 27, and I haven't done anything worthwhile. I'm a failure. I've been binging and purging for six months, and now I'm terrified all my teeth are going to fall out.

I have horrible, vivid intrusive thoughts, where I self mutilate, and sometimes I can't make it stop. Just... horrible shit, constantly and for hours on end. Sometimes I whip myself with a chain. I've never told anyone.

Sometimes, when people don't reply to me, I start to doubt if I'm real. I shitpost on three different boards, because I need to see that someone is answering me.

Sometimes I'm scared. I hate it.

A job would probably help you out. At least that way you're getting $$, being less of a burden on your family, and it might even put things in perspective

Once you do decide what you want to do with your life, you'll have at least some form of discipline from having to go to work every day doing shit at a predetermined time

Longer you wait, harder it'll be to practice/less time = more regret.

It's easier to steer a moving ship user.

My head hurts. I am incredibly anxious when my cousin comes home from work. I shit talked to him in front of my whole family and I owe his mother an apology. He seems to ignore me, and I am incredibly uncomcortable at home now. I spend a lot of my time listening for his footsteps and feeling anxious.

Im reading steppenwolfe but introverted psychological fiction bores me to fukkin death

I'm not where I want to be. I don't know if I ever will. Maybe I'm doomed to only ever be tangentially near my goal. To see it, interact with it, but never have it.

I'll keep working towards it. Maybe I'll get there one day. I hope it's soon. It's torture.

then why the fuck are you reading it user? Stop wasting your time trying to feel productive by reading books you think will impress other people. If you don't enjoy it then don't do it, because nobody gives a shit how you spend your time.

wondering why I can't just accept my own mediocrity.

You're wasting your life. Get a job or go to college