>2,017
or
>2 017
or
>2.017
or again
>2˙017
and so on?

This question haven't let me sleep last night, please clear up this doubt of mine.

>why add unneeded punctuation to things

And why is it unneeded in this situation and not in mathematics?

because years are integers...........................................

>because years are integers.......
I think he means "why no comma separating the thousands?"
And the answer is obvious: All the years we normally use are 4 digits.

Because parsing four digits isn't that difficult and we have a long time to even get to the fifth one. It's also easy to interpret the last two digits as the appropriate year because human lifespan is typically less than a century, and often there is accompanying context for further clues.

Further, it's not unlikely that we'll adopt another calendar starting with year zero in the coming eight millennia anyway.

>Thousands separator is not used for integers
???

i never put commas between digits in numbers

if a number becomes too long for you to tell its magnitude then you should be using scientific notation anyway

Why are we still counting years from the birth of a random jew.

convention

the jews have stolen that comma in order to use it for their bank account balance.

One less character being written billions of times a day.

Wouldn't it be easier to just teach everyone in school how to quickly divide 365 into 1? That way today is 2017.52328767123 and it's totally unambiguous what I mean by that.

>random jew
Jesus isn't a random Jew, he's our savior. Also what do you suggest we use instead?

Fucking kikes

They aren't as long as you aren't a brainlet.

In these countries, the comma is used for the decimals, and the point for the thousands.
user must live in one of them.

>Things don't have to be stict
If you use them for 1,000,000 you use them as well for 1,000 you american microcephalus.

I've listed other methods as 2˙017 or 2.017 as well for a reason indeed.

But the comma was the first one, probably stopped there.

>list of countries that haven't been to the moon