DUDE WEED LMAO

Is there anything I can do with weed that can "open my mind"? Will I find some realization while I'm high if I read something or think hard about something?

It will make you believe you have deep and profound thoughts while in reality it only makes you retarded

Weed helps me get into this really intense focused state. I probably wouldn't been able to study while on it but it does help me to easily unearth some old, long forgotten memories.

No more than what you could do without it.

>unearth some old, long forgotten memories

usually when people think they remembered some old memory they forgot it turns out that it's almost completely made up and either not based on reality at all or just with the tiniest sliver of something that actually happened. Human memory is horrible enough for normal memories, a "recovered" memory has no hope of being uncorrupted

weed is fun, but seriously shortens your attention span and causes you to feel and behave stupid.

its cool to get high, but you can actually be too high, and high too much.

if you have certain bio-chemistry it can trigger schizophrenic paranoid breaks from reality. You might think you're tapping into something profound but you'll just look like a nut case to everyone else.

Just take LSD for that

LSD certainly is mind opening and physically safe
but it's still important to do your research and properly prepare yourself for a trip.
It could bring on schizophrenia ( if already at risk ) or worsen other mental conditions.

I have OCD and it certainly helped me to understand more the way I act and how things affect me which made me at first even more anxious but it also gave me hope and motivation that it's possible to improve.

It's really strong stuff but fascinating

yeah, it will make you social and you will have friends that aren't animes for the first time in 10 years

>induce psychosis
>stuck with lifelong thoughts induced by the psychosis

S
A
F
E
&
F
U
N

It makes studying much more interesting. My undergrad comp sci work was extremely boring, so I'd just get ripped then blaze through my homework. If you get too high it's hard keeping track of things and you're unproductive, but otherwise 10/10 would recommend.
Also reading novels is great while stoned

Weed is not going to make you more productive in most cases. The exception for me personally has been certain creative/writing pursuits but ymmv depending on your brain and what strain you smoke. About 10% of people have tendencies towards schizophrenia that can get exacerbated by weed use so if you have a history of mental illness give it a wide berth. I've used it to manage depression and anxiety but its not for everyone. If you want to explore 'opening your mind' I suggest trying magic mushrooms a couple of times over the course of a year or two with 4-6 month breaks between sessions. Start with a small amount and increase the dosage per session as you learn your personal tolerance for the active chem in the shrooms ( psilocybin). You will start with vivid colours at lower doses to mild visual distortions as you increase dose. At higher doses you will eventually start to explore the crazy shit your brain is capable of as well as some intense visuals. My suggestion is not to try acid (lsd) until you're confident with shrooms or not at all. Most of the shit on the market called acid is not lsd and has pretty horrible downsides. Remember a shroom (or similar) trip can be mentally exhausting thus my suggested breaks between sessions. Give yourself time to think on and absorb what you experienced. Your brain is like a muscle in a lot of ways. When you teach it a new exercise it needs time and practice to build and recuperate. At first you may not remember all of your experiences but this also can change as you get used to it and start focusing during your trip and experimenting with what your brain can do in an altered state. Remember to trip safely and have a sober trusted friend around to keep an eye on you in case you freak out. Good luck.

This. I used to smoke weed and think it improved my abilities. All it really did was make me lazy and dumb. As soon as I stopped smoking, my grades improved enormously and I began to achieve my life goals. In sum, smoking weed is a meme. It will only ever slow you down.

yeah it really sucks

t. psychotic

slowing down your neurotransmitters effects everything

Best theoretical mathematics i ever did was stoned. Other than that its pretty degenarate 0/10 would not recommend for anything other than pain relief.

the real psychotic can not differentiate between the psychotic thoughts and the non psychotic ones, is that you? fi not you are not psychotic.

Memes aside, if you can get that right amount of high, you can actually have fun AND be productive.

Just don't overdo it.

Took my first calc 2 test after a few beers to calm my nerves. Started getting fucked up and doing homework after I aced that test. Now I'm basically an alcoholic, although it still helped when I was a software developer. I think a lot of people will fall into the substance abuse trap upon experimenting with drugs. Weed is very fun so I stopped using it to avoid another addiction.

heres the actual answer.

ALL PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT

and therefor react differently to weed

must find out for yourself.

Weed makes it so that the emotional response you have to basic thoughts is increased

You'll do a math problem like 2+2=4 and you'll think "Holy shit, this like a bottom axiom duuuuuuudeeeeee.... From this I can derive all math!" and then you spend 2 hours doing math slower than you normally would but feeling more fulfilled so it feels all profound and shit

Then the next day you'll feel slow and groggy like you didn't get enough sleep. Weed is a meme

hey but you had fun.
life's not all about getting happiness from accomplishments, sometimes it's nice to sit back and just have fun because you can. dont you remember being a kid?

I agree it's fun and it's a great way to relax, nothing better than rolling up a joint and watching some dbz

But the idea that it makes you study better is a meme

That being said, intense sativa makes me amazingly creative for music making abilities. But not for math

I did it once to test just that. I was totally disappointed. It's such a weak drug (weaker than alcohol) the only way you will feel it open your mind is if you take shit tons and then you'll want to do anything but think.

/thread

Weed makes you reflect on and analyse yourself from an objective point of view. When I started out smoking weed I got anxiety and didn't enjoy it, then I realised that those thoughts weren't bad, they were good. It held a mirror up to my fears and went away when I thought about them and dissected them, now I enjoy it. I literally thought myself out of anxiety.

If you've never done drugs besides tobacco, caffeine, stims, and booze then I'd say it's a good introductory drug to show you a peek behind the curtain of your perception. Everyone says it's indescribable and it is. Being high is an extremely weird experience. You can think to yourself "I can handle weird" but I mean like being pulled through a higher dimension weird, you probably won't understand the experience. Keep in mind though if you have a bad reaction that some people do react negatively to weed but not other substances (like me) because weed tends itself towards anxiety.

no. if you think about math (or any other subject or hobby) while on weed, you will feel like you suddenly "see the big picture", "see the dots connect" and you will think that it makes you better at math, while in reality you're just daydreaming instead of getting the work done. weed is a fucking drag but it's disguised as the exact opposite and that's what makes it dangerous. nothing wrong with rolling up a joint in the evening, but don't think it can turn you into some new age math shaman, that's a fucking meme.

nah it just makes you think that any realization is mind opening
it really isn't
shouldn't stop you from toking up tho

if anything, weed exacerbates my anxiety, and it's impossible to have a good time on it. it didn't always used to be like this. Does anyone feel the same way or overcame this feeling? smoking weed used to be fun but now it's something i dread if I'm with friends and they start blazing up

>all the schizo related comments
glad you read the last thread, wasn't for naught i guess

Weed makes you dumber and you will feel more creative while high but you won't be able to focus on anything long enough to put it to use. So just stay away from it desu.

I want to try LSD but I'm scared of long term damage. Also I have no friends and no way to get any so it'd be unsafe either way

Weed doesn't enhance your thoughts, it only makes you more engrossed in them and find them more profound and interesting.

Notable effects upon taking it my first time included:
- more introspection, less awareness of surroundings outside of immediate focus
- delayed/clumsy motor function
- at ease/"happy" feeling, grinning about nothing in particular

none of this makes you smarter

Pretty sure I'm on the spectrum.

It makes me much more social and self-aware. Also makes me think about all the dumb shit I normally do.

The drugs can open your mind meme is just that. You have better, more creative ideas sober t b h

you've basically learned that you're insecure

Weed never did anything phenomenal for anyone. However, if you die before you do a psychedelic, you never lived.

Pretty much this.