Do you listen to music while reading? If so, what do you listen to...

Do you listen to music while reading? If so, what do you listen to? Do you think it is beneficial or detrimental to your reading?

Sometimes I play jazz as background music. Besides that not really.

Why do we have to get the exact same thread a million times? How new do you have to be to have never seen this thread ever before?

Why do we have to get the same complaint every time in the threads? How new do you have to be to have never seen this posted before?

How new do you have to be to think that this complaint isn't posted every time someone says this?

Yes. Exclusively eurobeat. Beneficial.

Hiphop when im reading verse, classical with prose

I find music is usually too distracting. If I really want to put on music while I'm reading it has to be something minimalistic that's more pleasant background noise than anything, like Steve Reich or Boards of Canada.

Ambient or mellow electronica. Brian Eno has some beautiful music that's perfect for reading to. Particularly if you live somewhere that there's a lot of street noise.

Hip-hop with lyrics or just instrumental hip hop

There's nothing wrong with a valid complaint.

Meant to quote

>Steve Reich
>background music

Holy shit, pleb.

?

Steve Reich is for intense listening.

His music is suitable for both active and passive listening, don't be a retard.

I like music too much so I don't listen to anything except for white noise when I need to drown out people talking.

movie scores

The discography of Bill Evans tbqh

sure you dont mean steve roach?

Mahler

*tips

If I need to isolate myself, nature sounds

If not, nothing

not that guy but Bill Evans is pretty good to listen to when you're doing anything slowly and methodically

as someone who doesn't live on Veeky Forums I like this thread

I like instrumental music when reading more dry nonfic. Sometimes even reading in-rhythm with the music can be nice.

Same.
But sometimes I listen to Steve Roden when I'm working.

I play classical music in the background when I'm studying sometimes

I dislike reading any sort of fiction in the background. I find that no matter how suitable the music it always imposes itself upon the experience and colours it in a way alien to the intentions of the author. Sometimes I might listen to something if I am reading some lighter non-fiction.

DSBM or any metal that I can't understand the vocals, so it doesn't distract me.

John Cage - 4'33