Not many things in this world are as tasty and satisfying as a nice, creamy, crunchy, salty, country fried steak

Not many things in this world are as tasty and satisfying as a nice, creamy, crunchy, salty, country fried steak

Who else here is a country fried steaker?

I never know what cut of meat to use, I used cube steak one time but that was chewy dog shit, so thats probably off the list

Cube steak is what you're supposed to use. Tenderize it.

Cube steak is what's commonly used, though honestly any cut of meat will work so long as you pound it thin with a meat hammer.

If it was tough that's because you overcooked it.

Every single time I eat that, it gives me a head ache. I don't understand why.

Heavy salt, gotta be able to handle lots of salt to be a country fried steaker

i love country fried steak breakfasts. i only have them a few times a year but when i do i pig out. 2 fried eggs over easy, potatoes with bell peppers and onions, and some good country gravy. no mushrooms. the dinner version is inferior.

ITS CHICKEN FRIED STEAK RREEEEE

One of the few dishes I just don't enjoy at all. I've tried it a few times and every time it tasted like greasy tire rubber.

Are you from the south? I noticed southerners refer to it as Country Fried Steak and where I'm from it's called Chicken Fried Steak.

STOP MAKING ME WANT THIS I'M UNABLE TO HAVE IT BECAUSE OF MY STOMACH ISSUES FUCK YOU OP

I call it either but I'm from Michigan

My mom used to top the country fried steak she cooked with a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup.

Green beans, a nice sized country fried cubed steak topped with cream of mushroom soup, square of cornbread and a big helping of mashed potatoes. Delicious.

If I'm going to have my once or twice a month indulgence of fried meat, it damn sure isn't going to be a cheap leatherlike piece of dried out beef. It's going to be fried chicken or wildcaught fresh whitefish. There are much better things to do with tough cuts of beef.

you may just buy one and taking a bite, just one bite, it doesn't gonna hurt your stomach.

I dunno man, it's not supposed to be any of those things you described. Maybe you make it thick, it should be thin. You can make it with the ribeye if any other cut you want. If you can't cut it with a fork, you've done it wrong.

My local backwater restaurant made the best homemade gravy for their countryfried steak. Sad that they closed shop. Tolly-Ho was also the jam until the moved.

pussy

>liking a poor imitation of wiener schnitzel

I always wondered who was the first person to batter and fry meat in fat.

Herr Wiener from Unterschnitzelberg of course.

Why would you use steak for schnitzel?

Just hammer down a porkchop.

Love me some chicken fried steak!

It's called "chicken fried steak", but nobody actually uses a steak for it. It's made with cheap cuts of beef run through a tenderizer or pounded out with a meat hammer.

People say to make them with "cube steak", but that's simply misleading. A "cube steak" is not an actual steak, it's cheap meat that's been run through a tenderizing machine.

I see. Very confusing terminology tho.

Bottom round

Sort of like how "prime rib" has nothing to do with ribs.

Go away

I love a good country fried steaker, especially for breakfast in the morning with some grits (or biscuits) and fried eggs. Hits the spot, and great for hangovers too.

Comfy food kino, like biscuits and gravy.

Prime Rib