Republicans BTFO

Republicans BTFO cnn.com/2017/01/24/us/george-orwell-1984-bestseller-trump-trnd/
1984 no 1 best seller on amazon because of donald trump.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AnSrw8rE-dU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>teehee I can't wait to talk about politics with my friends on [not /pol/]
People like you should be killed

The sad thing is that it's taken people Trump's election to realize we live in a society of hyper-surveillance, governance by permanent unaccountable bureaucracy and 'truth' managed and manipulated from on high.

when will i care enough to read these over-talked about fiction books instead of non-fiction

The sad part is Trump's presidency undermines every description you just posted.

"Alternative facts" was genuinely a hilarious quote.

I'm glad normies are reading 1984 no matter how pleb Veeky Forums thinks it is. Amazing the normies only are getting interested now after all those years of Bush and Obama and all those years of mainstream media manipulation of popular discourse most infamously in the leadup to the Iraq war.

But Obongo did all those things and nobody cared though?

Why do conservacucks always redirect criticism of their lumpenpresident towards obama/clinton?

Alternative facts is an idea that has been explored for a while now
Look at the way the left and the right looks at unemployment vs underemployment, crime stats, IQ tests, gender inequality
It's like the left and the right are living in alternate realities

It's sad because it can be inferred that none of those liberals have actually read the 1984 before, and are only now buying it because the MSM told them to. They're all fucking impressionable sheep who don't know how to think for themselves. Fuck me, our generation is fucked.

>because of donald trump
*because of the media's manipulation of the low IQ masses against Donald Trump

Because it's okay to be a war criminal if your a liberal

>Trump fixed everything by the first week in the office
>even literacy rates in America
What a guy

Savage af

>He thinks people buying the book will mean people read it

Haha. Nah bro.

They'll leave it lying around their apartments to appear 'informed' whilst getting high and fucking their retard millennial fuckbuddies.

Reminder that Orwell was super butthurt for the rest of his life because Chesterton thought his ideas were bad.

wrong board friend

1984 is like 150 pages. That's only, like, a 2000 tweets. Come on, have some faith.

Trump and his cabinet are indefensible if you're being intellectually honest, so whataboutism is the only approach to defend him.

There seems to be a lack of awareness of how much cherry picking and out of context stuff, is said about Trump at the same time.

The disabled reporter fiasco is a good example, if you look at a video of Trump doing his impression and a video of the reporter they actually aren't very similar at all, but if you look at pictures of both it looks incriminating for Trump. Not that acting like a spastic like Trump did is exactly dignified or sensitive towards the disabled, nevertheless, there are persistent fake news narratives about him that survive for months and months. Because the left and right live in seperate bubbles, allowing disinfo to persist.

The Trump is an anti-semite idea is another favorite of mine, look into Trumps family, his freaking daughter and son in law are Jews, he never shuts up about how he loves Isreal, hes donated to Jews, hes appointed Jews, he associates with Jews. The entire basis I've heard for calling him an anti-Semite is that he has referred to Jewish stereotypes before and he's Trump so he's obviously an anti-Semite. I can't ever imagine a Liberal with Trumps record ever, ever being painted as an anti-Semite.

Bannon got the same treatment, the guy who started Brietbart Jerusalem and made an Jewish faggot named Milo mainstream. I am actually confused at the constant attempts to paint the Trump camp as anti-Semitic. They're xenophobic, hate muslims, hate mexicans, there was the famous grab them by the pussy narrative, and people keep trying to make "Trump hates jews" into a thing for some reason.

The Media is easily as bad as Trump and his camp. In particular, CNN and Buzzfeed, and not just because Trump criticized them, they both published a story about that extremely suspect "intelligence report" about how Trump peed on a men in front of prostitutes. Suspect to the point the rest of the media chewed out CNN and Buzzfeed for publishing it. I think the reason conservatives do so much whataboutism is because there is actually a case Trumps opponents are worse than Trump.

With Obama, he saw a dramatic expansion of surveillance powers, curtailing of individual rights, and kept gitmo open, despite promising to do the exact opposite. He also got involved in a bunch of new wars, covertly, overtly, he bombed Libya for 7 months without congressional approval.

I actually don't hear much comparisons to Clinton, but with Bush, that guy oversaw the rectal feeding of prisoners and death from exposure at Gitmo, dramatically increased the surveillance state, and kicked off a series of major wars which has gone on continuously since 2001.

I know what they were getting at with the phrasing "alternative facts" but you've got to admit, talking about "alternative facts" is just fucking hilarious. I'm not enough of an apologist to deny that's fucking hilarious.

Sometimes I wonder if those of us who don't spend all our days getting high and fucking, those of us with our self-awareness, couldn't make ourselves the masters of the rest of our generation. Many of them seem easy to control.

The NEET shall inherit the Earth, you know?

>couldn't make ourselves the masters of the rest of our generation
/pol/ claims to have done just this, taking responsibility for trump achieving the presidency.
I'm not entirely certain they don't have a point, every outspoken liberal I know who is vocally upset about trump being president was too busy getting high and fucking to actually bother to vote against him.

I don't get why, I don't find any similarity between Trump and 1984

I mean yes, I can find a lot of similarities between America in general and 1984 but Trump specifically nah

I am also not from America, has he really been compared to BIg Brother or something? Then I fucking hate how childish the political discourse in your country is, and I thought comparisons between 1984 and the center-left candidate of my country were dumb

>tfw /pol/ has the most ambition of any board on Veeky Forums

We call them stupid, but how stupid are they ultimately? They seem to be getting shit done. They're crazy enough to think they can change the world.

Trump and his cabinet are the opposite of Big Brother
The "establishment" would be the totalitarian "big brother"

big brother must be beloved before he can be accepted by these plebs. i, on the other hand, trash the whole thing and take my soma.

you're*

Are they crazy though, they succeeded.

But Trump ran against the media and political establishment that the left AND right have been complaining about for the past two decades. None of the elites that hold any power wanted him to win because it takes more than a few billion dollars to make you an elite.

The only thing better would've been if it replaced Brave New World.

>B R E A D A N D C I R C U S E S

This post right here is bigly underrated

>Le wrong generation
>I wish everyone was smart like me

>All the semi-literate plebs shell out their last ACA-bucks to a megacorp slaveowner-level employer to buy a 60 year old entry level fiction book.

Yeah, OP, this is really a political move that Orwell would approve of. Or not so much?

A gramme is better than a damn

>Actually believing that Trump isn't just the Bush sock-monkey 2.0.

Andrew Breitbart started his site with the expressed purpose of running an unabashedly pro israel media outlet.

This is the book for you if you really want to get WOKE. Debord's later Comments on the Society of the Spectacle explain the current disinfo world order in a surprisingly clear/concise fashion

>shilling for Soros and crooked Hillary

woah it's so rebellious of you to parrot the establishment line

>low energy
>she should be running
>wtc came down under your brother's reign
>jeb is a mess

Almost like 2016 didn't happen

>still clinging to the trump anti-establishment rhetoric
>2017

you fucking idiot, he's just a moron

>The NEET shall inherit the Earth, you know?

this made my day! the idea of a social recluse who only cares about tendies and getting high is interesting. They might be more immune to propaganda. The NEETs can look at all this political mess from the outside. They will live in seclusion until this dark cloud passes thus being survivors and inheritors of the planet. Entertaining this thought is so much fun

CONSERVASHITS BTFO!!!!

IQ confirmed over 150. World Class Bussiness Magnate. Hot Slavic wife. Iconic. Lion of the West. Makes cucks and leftshits froth from their mouths. Priceless.

this.

it doesn't so far. but at least people are aware.
harder to manage, even if that's Trump's way.

Prepare your anus, Trump is going in dry.

>150iq

*citation needed

When /pol/ discussed this they agreed that liberals would never make it through 1984 because it isn't a Harry Potter book.

Donald Trump's creating jobs and getting people to read.

most people on lit are 'geniuses'

>he isn't preparing to become part of the nomenklatura in the next communist dictatorship

youtube.com/watch?v=AnSrw8rE-dU

Isnt he just like the presence of a careful father?

Thanks man

he's god