I had a shit ton of lobster in Maine recently. What a bland, overpriced shit food. Any other seafood is better

I had a shit ton of lobster in Maine recently. What a bland, overpriced shit food. Any other seafood is better.

I don't have much to add, but I agree.

Halibut, sea bass, tuna, salmon, mussels, oysters, haddock, crab. These things have actual flavor. I will say that lobster rolls are pretty tasty, though, and lobster bisque.

I completely agree. I spent the first 25 years of my life wondering what I was missing, trying it at italian, chinese, american, and caribbean joints. I never once felt it was anything better than ok. I'll eat it if it's there, but I'm not one to throw away food

The only time I eat lobster now is when some chinese relative or associate is shoving it down everyone's throats to demonstrate his largesse. It would cause my host to lose face if I didn't express joy and delight at the arrival of the lobster dishes, and pretend to be fighting my insatiable lust for more when the last piece is being portioned out. I am fairly certain that most people who pretend to like lobster are basically just going through the motions. Like mumbling some prayer words in a religious context even though you don't believe any of it. It's just what's done, show some respect and get on with it

It's pretty good with onions, ginger, and shaoxing wine, but then again, a bag of dog dicks would probably be good cooked that way

tl;dr lobster a shit

"Overpriced" can get for as low as 3.50/lb at some points of the year if you go down to the boats.

Yeah, I should mine my own diamonds while I'm at it.

>I bought and ate a shit ton of something and now I'm on Veeky Forums to be a contrarian and say I hated it

I didn't buy it. My company bought it. Sorry I don't like your saltwater flavored mush.

>contrarian
Wow, it feels good to be back in 2015

Yeah because you were in Maine eating the white man's lobster.

If I lived in new England I probably would but in the Philly area lowest is about $7.99/lb. Worth it every once in awhile at that price imo

Are you saying cajuns are niggers?

I'm saying white people tend not to season their food.

Stereotypes are harmful, you watermelon eating basketball dribbling liquor store robbing nigger.

If you're saying it has no inherent flavor and requires lots of seasonings to be any good, aren't you admitting lobster sucks?

The only good part about lobster is the massive amount of clarified butter you're justified in dipping it in.

HIT DAT LOBSTUH WIT SUM LAWRYS NIGGA
FIRE SON

sup flyover how are the chicken and dumplings coming, did you remember to add the salt this time?

>aren't you admitting lobster sucks?
Yes, I am. It's a fucking bottom feeding roach with armor.

Maine here, yeah it's pretty much an excuse to ear garlic butter.

lol

what is it with whitebread flyovers anyway, it's like they think that everyone they don't like must be black africans

what a strangely specific defense mechanism, like how millennials think opinions they don't like must cum from the tumblr

This fucking meme the fuck outta here

Not white faggot, try again.

>boil a lobster for 10 minutes till it becomes a rubbery mess
>GARBAGE FOOD
That's like having well done ribeye and claiming all steak is terrible

>pretending to be another race to win an internet argument
Even if you're jewish you're still white

not what /pol/ tells me

The lobsters I had were ordered at iconic, coastal, maine restaurants, in fucking lobstering towns. I'm pretty sure they know how to cook this shitty meat "correctly".

spiny lobster > lobster

I bet you went to Weathervane, Warren's, or Chauncey Creek

I'm not sure about the mainland places, one was in belfast, but one place was called "the inn" on monhegan island. I also went to reds for a lobster roll.

I dare you to eat raw conch and say it's better.

Ok that's not bad. If you want good lobster just buy it wholesale at the wharf and have them cook it there for you, if you're cooking lobster any longer than 3-4 minutes it turns you rubbery shit

No. Jews are not white.

We did do that once. One of the lobster pounds in belfast(op pic related). It was fun and I didn't pay for it, but I enjoyed the clams and mussels a lot more.

Dude lobster is the best fucking food you can get in the world. I do agree that it's overpriced, but saying it's bland is just wrong. I don't know what kind of fucking lobsters you have in your American waters, but the ones I've had in Europe, Asia and even fucking Saskatchewan, weren't bland. Lobsters have a great taste, but should be fucking seasoned, you fucking doofus. And any other seafood is better? That's just straight up bullshit. Crab is literally fucking lobster but with less taste. Your favourite seafood is probably fucking salmon or some standard shit like that. Fuck off.

I don't know what you people are on about, trolling or what.

Never had Maine lobster. I'm born and raised in the Caribbean, and here we have lobsters with smaller claws but big tails. Its delicious. By itself its amazing, lemon only accentuates it.

Maybe Maine lobster is bland.

I can only imagine you people are some tail-only-eating punks as well.

That's fair, glad you enjoyed what Maine has to offer even if the lobster wasn't up to par.

You obviously didn't try Mediteranean lobster, it's everything but "bland".

You probably went to a shit restaurant

Yeah crab is superior

If it's overpriced, you got gypped. The point of maine lobster is that it's so local it's cheap. Of course, famous or tourist places will sell at high prices for high profit margins. Spent a week eating lobster and other stuff at bar harbor with a friend, wasn't bad at all.

Lobster is overhyped though. I'd prefer crab to it any day.

Jews aren't white.

T. Spic.

What's really overpriced are these bad boys right here