Ethnicity on College Applications

Alright Veeky Forums, I know a lot of you are in grad school and have experience with this shit, so humor me.

I'm thinking about lying on the ethnicity portion of my grad school app. I just don't find it fair how Tyrone can do a tenth of the work and still get into an Ivy with more than enough financial aid.

>inb4 you should be able to get in regardless

Trust me when I saw I very well qualified for a top program in terms of GPA, recommendations, etc. unfortunately, I don't like doubt, and being a minority would guarantee admission.

Fuck Affirmative Action and fuck minority privilege.

Just say you're African-American and if they ask any questions then inform them on the one-stop rule

What ethnicity are you? Also if they find out, you're fucked. I recommend not doing this.

if your half asian and half white is it better to just put white or just asian?

White.

Put white. Putting down Asian makes it harder for you, unless you must put down both your ethnicities.
Yeah, don't do it.

You can identify as whatever you want

Nice bait

I'm indian and I checked "american indian" which is actually "native american". If I ever get caught I'll pretend I thought "american indian" meant "indian". I had to take this risk because otherwise I'd be applying as asian. I also got scholarship offers but didn't take them because I would feel guilty taking money for lying.

Bump

Fuck this guy OP.
There are plenty of South and Mexican Americans that look white as shit.
If you speak any language fluently use that race.

What school was it for? Did you have a good chance without the ethnicity bit? Also fuck you out of jealousy

t. 99.6% European

I'm just trying to help him.

It's a top 15 school and has high grade inflation (which I need bc I'm premed). I doubt I would have gotten in if I checked "asian" because I applied to two schools (as asian) that were worse than said school and got rejected.

This makes me 20x more racist.

do it. there is no legal recourse for the university.

aside from native american, there is no race registry or legal definition of race. nobody can tell you what you are, you are whatever you identify as. in the eyes of the law, its pretty much made up subjective bullshit.

it's not really a good idea to start graduate school on falsifying your ethnicity, or falsifying anything. If you are caught lying, cheating, ect, you can kiss any research goodbye, as well as being blacklisted from academia in general.

Blacklisted? Any sources to back that up? Last I checked one could only be expelled, and that's usually before they admit

I call bs

You could just write on your application you are a literal faggot and that you support diversity etc.

Does putting both down have no effect?

You sound like an entitled retard so grad school will eat you alive. You should probably just kill yourself

>Trust me when I saw I very well qualified for a top program in terms of GPA, recommendations, etc.

So are the vast majority of people who apply. If you didn't do anything extra to make yourself stand out, that's on you bud.

Haha whitey calm down. Affirmative action exists for a reason. We are actually more valuable than white people because white people are a dime a dozen. And yeah, lie if you want but:

1) We can probably tell you are white from your name and all white sounding names immediately go to the bottom of the pile. You'll get in only if we already accepted all the non-whites and there is still some room and by a miracle of god you are the best white guy in the list.

2) Even if your name is racially ambiguous and we mistakenly accept you then remember that colleges can get rid of you at any moment and the second we see your disgusting cum looking skin you are getting the fuck out.

This is our world now, kid. Deal with it.

Kind of dickish, if the other brown people would do their fucking job instead of trying to be hood or artsy it wouldn't be a problem. Isn't irrational to judge based on ethnicity or all that shit? Don't we live in a free country where people can do whatever they want unless it limits other people? My annoyance is the people who think that because someone is brown and non-male, they abso-fucking-lutley need to go to first when it comes to getting accepted into school and need fucktons of scholarships that are easy to get. The actual meritocracy has been destroyed by "social justice" and arrogant dipshits like yourself who prace around their supposed superiority by majoring in ethnic/gender/social studies then get economically ripped an enourmous fuckhole once in the real world. If brown people ran the world, Hillary Clinton would have won and WW3 would have started. Sending white males to fight other white males and the brown people and women would throw a tantrum about not being taken seriously while protesting how they should not be sent to war because there are no methods to care for there own bodies in a warzone.
Coming from a mulatto raised by a multi ethnic family

>if the other brown people would do their fucking job instead of trying to be hood or artsy it wouldn't be a problem.

Not my fault that all you whiteys are literally copies of each other and all do the same so you crowd your own spaces so much that no one even wants more white people any more. There are just too many of you! Really, fuck off.

>Isn't irrational to judge based on ethnicity or all that shit?

Yes, please travel back in time and tell that to the inhuman whites who destroyed the lives of countless non-whites. When you tell them that and then you come back to see the world fixed and rid of racism then you can get your "meritocracy" ok buddy?

>Hillary Clinton would have won and WW3 would have started.

A war that consumes the remaining white people? Shit, we need one of those. Hopefully Trump one day slips and accidentally nukes Russia and we can start this shit.

>Coming from a mulatto raised by a multi ethnic family

Sure you are buddy, sure you are.

this

t.nigger with a 3.98 still listening to white boys with shit tier gpa's complaining about AA

>we are more valuable
>but we need extra "affirmative action" to even be worth anything
huh

You would have a point if the amount blacks who actually applied for college STEM wasn't low especially at the graduate level.

>b..but muh affirmative action

Trust me when I say this, you have more to worry about from the Rich, Jews and Asians than you do the Blacks.

Unless you live in some alternate dimension the typical graduate school in STEM consist more or less about 5% blacks.

>B..but it's unfair

If you live in a first world nation you already have an unfair advantage from the +3 billion people who don't have that liberty.

Okay, I'm tired of being nice. You know, we call it "affirmative action" to be nice to you. So that it sounds like aid, that you superior whites definitely don't need because you are better than us.

But in reality, affirmative action is "Holy fuck we are tired of entering a room and seeing 50 cumskins with the same hair, same clothes and same eyes-action".

Seriously, holy fuck. We are tired of so many white people everywhere. Fuck you. Just fuck off. Holy fuck. At any time there are at least 10 cumskins around me.

I'd just put biracial if you can. They'll probably assume it's white-black and it'll work in your favor.

Two things.

1. Veeky Forums is at most 5% grad students. I would confidently bet that the demographic is actually < 1%.

2. If you're black or Hispanic you're fucking set in PhD programs in STEM for fellowships since almost everyone is Indian or Asian (legit). If you're white it's not too bad, since you're not Indian or Asian.

>source Asian American PhD CS student at tier 1 research university

>bitching about AA.

How shit is your GPA?

>PhD CS
PhD math here. If it wasn't for you guys I would say math grads are the most autistic. Thanks.

No autisimo in my cohort just 95% internationals '''^_^

>95% internationals
tell me about it man. how is america gonna be great again if our unis are being invaded... feelsbadfam

>tfw i've heard mulitple professors say they won't fund any black or hispanic grad students

were they white? I kinda doubt it. I feel like the international chinese would do this since they only get international chinese under their wing.

one chinese woman
and one ukranian white man

It's not necessarily blacklisted, but shit will become a national story, for sure, and you will be googlable as that guy who lied on his application.

Does being 2% African mean I'm technically black by the one-drop rule?

Phenotypically speaking do you look black or of mixed heritage?

Often times because of lack of genetic science phenotype rather than genotype was utilized by the one-drop rule.

I found out through a DNA test that I'm part Latino. Should I start putting that on things even though I have no connection with it at all?

you should lie, so when you get caught it will be all over HuffPo and leftycucks can post about you and we can all laugh.

Not even passe blanc, just white. (though more irish-like)

>Not even passe blanc, just white. (though more irish-like)

Kek get rek'd cumskin. Back to the coal mines.

I see, then by the one drop rule you are not black.

Mind you however there are plenty of Africans who don't look black either and have more dna contribution from sub-saharans than you do. So take that as you will.

May not be an ape, but I can sure as hell fight like one.

Iirc, one of my old classmates was black and claimed he was 1/8 Irish, and called me claiming to be 2% African was ludicrous.

It's basically a form of reparations. America fucked over black people for 200 years and as a result, extra opportunities are offered. Unfortunately, nothing is done about black primary schools, a more urgent cause - pitifully underfunded and do a shit job at getting kids ready for college. Still though, it's a better use of funds than just dumping welfare, which does nothing.

>Trust me when I saw I very well qualified for a top program in terms of GPA, recommendations, etc. unfortunately, I don't like doubt, and being a minority would guarantee admission.

>can't type basic sentences
>"I WAS QUALIFIED FOR TOP PhD PROGRAMS!"
>I'M NOT JUST SOME /POL/ SHITPOSTER

Excellent bait OP for a AA discussion ridden with misinformation and hyperbole on how much it actually does.

>I kinda doubt it
Why, because it contradicts your narrative?

Use some common sense. Segregation was quite literally the law of the land only 50 years ago. Do you think because some liberals changed some laws that peoples' attitudes will change just like that?

How do they know who's Jewish?

At least I know how to express myself in my native language. I'm sorry you have a mental deficiency in that you think raiding this board is somehow going to change the world, or your life.

specifiy more please?

Then your old classmate was most likely not aware or ill-informed on how genetics work. It's alright (or not depending on how you like at it) though since most people still can't get pass how we physically look even now. Despite all this information available to us.

I even tried to explain it to him, and how the whole "races" thing works, but he wouldn't listen.

When hispanic/latino wasn't an option I checked African American, gotta double dip for those minority points :^)

Seems to be a big anti woman / minorities push on Veeky Forums today, what's the event?

First off the blacks Abe freed decided to stay in USA instead of going back to buttfuck nowhere, it was black people who sold each other off to whities and arabs but nobody wants to bring up arab slavery of blacks. EU was mostly people backstabbing each other every other day so the nobles from there took Machivelli's book like holy scripture. I don't actually care if it was only white people but I don't want some smug ass group of brown people acting all tough then saying they should not go to war because it is racist and they won't survive.

And no the problem comes from the people who think mex/black culture is something they should identify and is the only thing that defines them. White culture is retarded as well, but philosophy and other more complex parts of white culture are not about "the white man is keeping us down." The entirety of mex/black culture is mostly about either discrimination or something along those lines, the whole victim complex is what gets to me and makes me think you are a fucking pompus parasite.

Can someone cite a website that proofs that such "minority privilege" exists?

They drop a quarter

does this board have 0 fucking janitors ho lee fuck

dont even need citation. go to grad school and it's basically whites and international chinese, same with faculty

If you exploit the system meant to help people in need then you are a worthless piece of shit and your toxic behavior should rightfully be criminalized.

Just thinking about it, uhh....

you're trying to tell me that literally 75-85% of harvard students are jewish?

I want to tell you to just lie and reap the benefits but I also don't want to have to compete with you.

Dumb delusional fuck as hell faggots falling for obvious WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU DUMBSHITS.

Holy shit I feel like this site is filled with people who cannot read in between the lines.

Black haven't even had access to welfare equally until very recently funnily enough

that's exactly my point, I don't want anecdotes about 50% chinese/black people at your uni, I want statistics/evidence, that they get into programs with less effort just because of their ethnicity.

>LARPing as a shitskin to make people racist
Get better at false flags

>dont even need citation
Where the fuck do you think you are?