There are tips for ramen...

There are tips for ramen, but I'm wondering if there's any way to enhance a meal of cheap store-bought spaghetti noodles and sauce.

Pour sugar in it, melt cheese in it

pretty much the same concept, just add what you would normally find in a homemade sauce and make sure you simmer it for a decent amount of time to get all of the flavors mingled and mellow.

even just throwing in some garlic would be an improvement, but you could do browned/drained ground beef, onions, mushrooms, sausage, whatever you like best in pasta sauce

a lot of them come already with garlic or mushrooms or sausage and has been cooked with it previously and has the chunks in it. There is actually good jarred sauce out there. Veeky Forums is just mentally retarded in saying cook everything from scratch yet they all go to micky d's

but i opened the can of tomatoes all by myself and mixed it with stuff!?

why do sheeple buy sauce when you can't read the ingredients because i'm stupid?!

Even if you grow your own tomatoes I can't see it being worth the time with all the sauces available now to start from scratch. Salsa, yeah. Definitely is better to make your own although some good ones are out there. Sauce for a $2 box of pasta for 2-8 hours of simmering? Not so much in my own opinion. Just my own opinion though which doesn't count for a lot.

i buy tomatoes by the bushel in season for $0.20/lb and can them for sauce all year

cheaper and 1000x better

then sell me some so I can try it out. At that point you'd be selling the same thing they sell me in the store 50% of the time.

i'll sell it to you at cost but you need to give me a replacement mason jar in return

$9.99 tomatoes
$1.40 electricity
$5.97 canning rings
$0.02 tap water

36 500ml jars

$0.10/100ml

walmart house brand
$0.13/100ml

unico “premium”
$0.21/100ml

eden and muir glen organic

$0.50/100ml

>spaghetti noodles

Why the fuck are you Americans so retarded? You need to schedule an appointment with the Department of Redundancy Department.

>spaghetti noodles
>tuna fish
>with au jus

I'd pay a mark up just to not have to get a new jar for you

>not always referring to it by its full legal name, spaghetti enriched macaroni product

how about just give me the jar back when you're done?

>Department of Redundancy Department.
I chuckled

there's a tuna plant. hence the clarification

tomato paste

Add things to the sauce that are typical things served like that anyway. Unless you're getting it free, ragu is so ridiculously sweet, I wouldn't buy it. I'd open a can of italian seasoned stewed tomatoes over that garbage. Just raw garlic in olive oil is better, or even a bechamel.

Some kinds of vegetables
Sauteed in olive oil:
Onion
Garlic
Mushrooms
Carrot, celery, fennel, broccolini, kale, summer or winter squash

Some kind of meat:
Frozen meatballs
tenders or breast
Italian sausage, browned and chunked
hamburger

Some kind of cheese:
Sprinkle with fresh grate of asiago, romano, parm. Or cube or shred some soft mozzarella, or dump your sauced noodles into a dish, and broil on some browned cheese on top.

>which doesn't count for a lot.
Counts for shit because you are a lazy fuck who eats out of jars and cans

>2-8 hours of simmering

Have you ever even looked at an italian recipe for sauce using tomatoes that wasn't bolognese or ragu? Most are done in 30 minutes or less.

Show me 3 that aren't ragu or bolognese and with tomatoes and with your raw tomatoes.

You missed the point. At least gets it.

I will do that.

If you can't browse through lidia bastanich's or batali's recipes by yourself for a start, I'm damn sure not going to hold your hand while you take a piss.

so you have nothing

damn guys its just some noodles and tamater sauce

If you're into veggies and stuff, mince up some celery and onion. You can add carrot too. An anchovy filet, and garlic. Chop up some bell pepper, zucchini, and whatever else you like.