So...has anyone every actually seen a casserole? Or is it one of those things that's really only a thing on TV?

So...has anyone every actually seen a casserole? Or is it one of those things that's really only a thing on TV?

>t. never had green bean casserole

Youre missing out brah

What is the matter with you?

You say that, but unless you're Depression-era starving (name your inflation), they're more often than not, not delicious

sounds like you just had a shitty mom.

I feel bad for you if you have never seen lasagna dude. Like a deep hurt in my heart.

My grandmother. She was, though, Depression-era.

casserole is just meme food. forget about it and move on.

>user never had a grandma
Do you need to talk?

>he's never lived in flyover country
neck yourself

I'm from Iowa.

Growing up, 2 out of 3 meals were casseroles.

The new generation mostly eats fast food.

Have you never had baked pasta or chicken pot pie?

To me a casserole means a saute pan. But I have lived in the US for most of my life, and I have in-laws in the middle part of the country. Most American casseroles are the result of home economics or corporate test kitchens, and they suck very, very hard.

>Not cooking it for yourself
>Not being able to cook a tasty savory, yet crunchy casserole

my grandmother's aren't Americans

>Being 10 at most
>Cooking wasn't my interest

>Associating age with any dish besides hot dogs or boxed macoroni
>On a literal cooking forum with no desire to cook

I bet you make fast food threads, dont you?

Nah, I'm a tard, but I'm not THAT much of one

You've never seen one because they don't exist at any fast food place.

Casseroles are part of the suburban American experience, though I'm pretty sure we inherited them from the Brits.
We bring them to dinner parties. We bring them to holiday meals. We bring them to weddings, We bring them to funerals.

You mix a starch, a vegetable, occasionally meat, and some kind of sauce together, put a topping on it, bake at 350 for 45 minutes and wa-la.

what's wrong with one pot dishes? Just because something doesn't require as much effort as something else doesn't inherently make it worse in any way.

How the fuck have you never seen something baked in a dish with sauce? Did you grow up in a cuckshed with no oven or are you just a third-worlder?

I'm from Iowa too, and I also ate casseroles very often, and still do. They're just so convenient and delicious.

they don't serve them at fast food joints or pizza delivery places

Some pizza places serve pasta casseroles in flimsy aluminum pans. Are you from the U.S.? I've eaten some in the South, but not here in the Midwest.