New Study: Even Moderate Drinking Harms the Brain

>New Study: Even Moderate Drinking Harms the Brain

Even that one Bud Light on Saturday is not that good for you.

cbsnews.com/news/even-mod...arm-the-brain/

While previous research has suggested light-to-moderate drinking may have a protective effect on brain health, the new study showed the opposite, actually finding evidence of harmful associations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wr-kn0JG5p4&t=42
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did you know that the reason we die of old age is because the oxygen we breath deteriorates the cells in our bodies?

I already have a diagnosed incurable mental illness and a motor issue that stems from brain formation so there's not much more damage that alcohol can do there

So what

Good, I hope I need a fucking lobotomy

Has this study been replicated? No? Then it's worthless shite.

Yay mass media! Let's take one study that hasn't even been reviewed and throw it out as absolute fact because peoples' ears will perk up and hear the next commercial or click on the headline bait to be bombarded with advertisements.

Good goyim.

What mental illness user?

Being american.

And the sun gives you cancer.

OBSESSED

w/e

How is that even surprising? If you look up how the body metabolizes alcohol, you would realize it's literally a poison that the body tries to get rid of as fast as possible. Not hyperbole, but an actual poison, even in low amounts.

This, I don't get why anyone would find this hard to believe or remotely unexpected

What did thinking clearly ever accomplish?

The confirmation bias for me is strong, though. Lately I've been feeling loopy, forgetful, mushmouthing words. Then I see this 'study' come out. I dunno, Bros.

I like to fight people who fight well.

Also, drunks get what's called a "moment of clarity"

reminder: "moderate" drinking means 2-3 alcoholic beverages a day

and to me that isn't moderate, that's the beginnings of a drinking problem

Everything is bad for you. Simply eating food is also harmful to the body, via generation of free radicals.

Nutrition is a terrible science, it's heavily lobbied by companies so it's corrupt as fuck. Plus it's difficult to study in the first place since it significantly varies from person to person. Just eat and drink whatever you want

Even though that study is terrible and even the journals publisher has openly criticized its legitimacy, we already know from other studies that alcohol is one of the worst substances you can possibly consume in terms of brain health

Alcohol is literally classified as a neurotoxin, and a potent one at that. Nobody should really be surprised that it harms your brain, even in small amounts

>Decades of research saying moderate alcohol is fine
>3000 years of Italians drinking wine every day on the Mediterranean diet

BUT HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE! ONE STUDY IN A SEA OF HUNDREDS SAYS THE OPPOSITE!

STOP BREATHING OXYGEN!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=wr-kn0JG5p4&t=42

Why the fuck would drinking rot-juice from rotting organic matter be bad fo u???

IT FEEL GOOOOD!!!!!

Men, I work at Walmart. I don't really need my brain anyways.

My IQ is 185, so I have plenty of brain power to spare. However, I would be wary in your situation. Wouldn't want to drop a few IQ points and put you in the single digits now would we?