Smoke weed

>smoke weed
>all of a sudden a rush, where I feel like writing down all of my thoughts that suddenly enters my head

What's going on here, scientifically ?

Does THC increase your intellect? I fucking wrote down two pages of notes while I was high.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidivarin
online.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/can.2015.29003.ebr
drugpoint.org.au/drugs_and_their_effects/cannabis/The_health_ and_psychological_effects_of_cannabis_use.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have smoked just once in my life and when I did I took my phone out where I have some books and I did a number theory problem that I was trying to do earlier that day but couldn't.

Was it the weed that allowed me to do the problem? Who knows. Does anyone have any experience with high number theory?

Yes there is a 1:1 relationship between smoking weed and rising intelligence, anyone who tells you otherwise is a useful idiot in a big government conspiracy, now go get high loser

Probably in some ways, but i bet it makes you less capable in other ways.

like, Im better at writing verbosely, plotting out debate points, and recalling what ive studied when im high but i cant do math or anything else that requires me to hold a bunch of different things in my head at once.

you seem to have some sort of psychological condition that makes it important for you to feel superior to others.

i suggest therapy.

>Was it the weed that allowed me to do the problem? Who knows.
I'm no stoner, but I think that's probably reasonable. Regardless of whether it made you more or less intelligent, it could've given you a different perspective on the problem, which is often more valuable than raw brain flexin'.

The smartest caveman in the world would have plenty of trouble solving routine problems that today's brainlet can solve, simply due to lack of exposure, so he effectively has less tools in his intellectual toolkit to use.

An example might be folding a sheet of paper in thirds, a brainlet could fairly easily do it to a letter because of experience in folding toilet paper. They've mastered that particular geometric problem already, but flat, square things aren't exactly common in caves.

Too many weed threads. Go to bed user enjoy being high you megafaggot

done weed one time it suck. user giant faggot

I wonder why they call it dopamine.

Really makes you think.

I also feel that way when I get high.

Why did you post this from /pol/? Is this a new bait thread? Fuck off.

In a way, yes, drugs increase our intellect. However, they also conversly limit our ability to communicate with people, which is pretty much the important part.

That's what euphoria is. It's a deep understanding of reality without the ability to communicate it to others. It therefore ends up looking like stupidity.

Or insanity.

What can you do? Stop using the drug and study the notes you wrote down until you fully understand them, i.e. you can communicate them so others will understand, too.

Once you do that, you'll get a lot of people telling you how stupid you are. How simple and obvious these """revelations"""" you have had are. That's good. It means they understand.

It also means it's time to take the next step forward.

idk i dont really smoke weed but doing speed i get aome good ideas goig. acid too. opis and benz numb pain and dont really give ideas. i was on speed yesterday and before i was hanging out with people i organized half my life while driving. got loads of ideas for stuff to do now and i think i fixed a few roadblocks. ive alao made breakthroughs in math on speed. lsd microdosing let mw breakthrough but a full dose just was like "woah math is cool as fuck".
desu they are just tools. dont misuse them. they can help to get work done. use them improperly and get hurt . like i did with power tools. they were dun and got the job done faster though.

what about ecstasy or alcohol?

do they
> conversly limit our ability to communicate with people,
?

They're much less effective than weed. Too many physical side effects.

That's why weed is illegal and beer is not. Weed is much better than beer.

Though for me personally, even weed has too many side effects. I perfer LSD. In small, limited doses, it can be incredibly helpful for developing rational thought. And it's much less risky to develop physcial addiction.

underrated

Marihuana has the effect that you are drawn to things that you like genuinely. Your ability to force yourself to do things out of reason (chores,homework) is heavily reduced which leads to a gain of thinking capacity because your brain works with the utmost efficiency.

writing this while being on weed btw

I have genuinely had ideas while smoking weed that have turned into published research.

I try to avoid it as much as possible, but the effect is very interesting. My guess would be something to do with the anti-inflammatory properties of marijuana. Low inflammation means better brain metabolism.

I took the SAT high when I was in high school because I had already taken it before and got a good score, but I scored even higher than I did sober. At uni I sometimes do homework high and it seems to go pretty fast, but my recollection of what I did goes to shit. I think the marijuanas enables you to use what you know better as long as its not a clusterfuck of thoughts in your head (may just be me I have really bad ADD), but it hinders your learning and memorization. Also depends on how high you are and sativa or indica imo

Btw STEM major so lots of maths

"Once absorbed, THC and other cannabinoids are rapidly distributed to all other tissues at rates dependent on the blood flow (Fig. 2). Because they are extremely lipid soluble, cannabinoids accumulate in fatty tissues, reaching peak concentrations in 4-5 days. They are then slowly released back into other body compartments, including the brain. Because of the sequestration in fat, the tissue elimination half-life of THC is about 7 days, and complete elimination of a single dose may take up to 30 days"

"Cannabis affects almost every body system. It combines many of the properties of alcohol, tranquillisers, opiates and hallucinogens; it is anxiolytic, sedative, analgesic, psychedelic; it stimulates appetite and has many systemic effects. In addition, its acute toxicity is extremely low: no deaths directly due to acute cannabis use have ever been reported. "

" the (cannabinoid) system may have important interactions with other neurotransmitters, including γ -aminobutyric acid, opioid systems and monoamines. In particular, THC has been shown to increase the release of dopamine from the nucleus accumbens and prefrontal cortex (Tanda et al, 1997). This effect, which is common to many drugs of misuse (including heroin, cocaine, amphetamine and nicotine), may be the basis of its reinforcing properties and its recreational use. It is reversed by naloxone, suggesting an opioid link."

"There is considerable evidence, reviewed by Hall et al (1994), that performance in heavy, chronic cannabis users remains impaired even when they are not actually intoxicated. These impairments, especially of attention, memory and ability to process complex information, can last for many weeks, months or even years after cessation of cannabis use (Solowij, 1998). Whether or not there is permanent cognitive impairment in heavy long-term users is not clear."

A very interesting drug. But anyone should be wary of something that effects so many systems and is still not wholly understood.

Kek

I wonder why I exist

Really makes me think

Your brain starts working a bit differently, some of its parts might get inhibited and you try rationalising your experiences.
Like, if you suddenly stop physically comprehending the concept of time, you get the "dude, it's not real, we're all floating in space forward, the past and the future are the same, dude".

What's the next step?

I dunno. AI? Immortality? Becoming beings of pure light energy?

It's kind of the point that we don't know what's next.

But why do any of that? Why progress?

Imagine I was a 10:1 intellectually superior to you

Why not?

>user is such a useless drug addict he can't even add text with a basic photo editing program

You first, then lets go from there.

No you

Are you wire heading too hard to see that we're in danger?

Fair point. Looks like we're at an impasse.

Yes. And you're also here wasting what time you (we) have away posting on here. If this danger is so urgent, why aren't you doing something constructive? Or at the least something to mitigate the damage?

>Looks like we're at an impasse.

Then what we have to do is ask more specific questions. That's what science is. Taking the simple and making it more specific.

???

>I dunno. AI? Immortality? Becoming beings of pure light energy? It's kind of the point that we don't know what's next.

>But why do any of that? Why progress?

>Why not

The questions are fine, it's the answers which are lacking here.

>That's what science is. Taking the simple and making it more specific.

It is a lot more than that, and I don't exactly see how that is relevant whatsoever. I know it probably sounded smart in your head, but it's completely unrelated.

Heh. You're right. But look at your post. It's a lot longer than your previous.

That's what I'm talking about.

You're talking about absolute nonsense because I can only assume that you're either not the smartest person (or a teenager) around, or you're high - possibly both.

But nonetheless what are you exactly 'talking about' then?

Sorry if it sounds aggressive, legitimately confused.

I'm neither a teenager, nor high, nor stupid. If I was, you would cease all interaction with me immediately.

But you don't. You're still replying. Because you don't understand.

It's no problem. I know why you're mad. What I'm proposing is crazy.

But it's crazy. It's not stupid. Figure out what the difference is and you'll be one step closer.

What don't I understand then?

I'm not mad, this is the first time I've posted on this site in years, and now I'm realizing once again why it's a waste of time, and why writing this is absolutely useless.

I wanted a conversation, asked for reasons, got trash 12-year-old standard responses of "Why not?" when I asked a very simple question, evidently something that is too hard to answer(?).

But moving on, what are you proposing? I havn't called it crazy or stupid or anything, that's apparently how you feel about your ideas, whatever they may be.

If you're not high I'm actually even more confused about your cognitive processes.

The second part of your post reeks of anger. You took too much time to write it. I won't read it.

>What don't I understand
How to tell me what you don't understand.

No. I'm wrong.

>What don't I understand
How to tell me what you DO understand.

It took me 4 minutes from your post to post that reply. I'm not even in the slightest bit angry, actually just kind of worried for your mental health if this is the way you respond to anyone trying to have a conversation with you on topics you brought up.

I'll reiterate our conversation, please review.

>What's the next step?
>I dunno. AI? Immortality? Becoming beings of pure light energy?
>Why not?
>You first, then lets go from there.
>No you
>Fair point. Looks like we're at an impasse.
>Then what we have to do is ask more specific questions. That's what science is. Taking the simple and making it more specific.

If asking "But why do any of that? Why progress?" is too hard for you to answer without referring to the mentality of a prepubescent, I advise the contemplative practices.

Anyway, long post again, probably won't read, but have a good life. You need to get your thoughts sorted and get back into the world. I wish you all the best in the future.

Now you're making even longer posts. Stop. Tell me what you're saying in one sentence. Then I'll read it.

>What's the next step?
>I dunno. AI? Immortality? Becoming beings of pure light energy?
>Why not?

Instead of doing whatever you're doing, answer the very simple question (as you've requested) of "But why do any of that? Why progress?".

No. I'm not going to do that. I've spent enough time building people fires. I want you to learn how to build the fire yourself.

Tell me what you meant in one sentence.

What I meant to say is that I regret wasting my time posting on here for the first time in 3 years and it devolving further into moronic behaviors. All I wanted was an interesting conversation about something I deemed worthwhile, and now this. I'm also sorry you struggle to read more than one sentence and/or enjoy your time trolling (and if you're not trolling I'm legitimately concerned for you and the future).

So here's a really simple question for you. How do I learn to build this fire myself? And what is this 'fire'?

Also, are you SURE you're not high? (I put SURE in capitals so maybe you can understand it BETTER)

I didn't read that first half. Too much.

>How do I learn to build this fire myself?
You're trying to get me to help you learn how to learn. Instead I'm trying to make you learn how to teach.

Kek no. I might have undiagnosed schizophrenia, though.

more like a refreshment and remover of mental inhibitions within a narrow band of situations, not increased intellect.

You don't read much it seems. Ignorance of anything remotely negative, and the disassociation from ones own negative and incoherent behaviors. It's a protection mechanism. Common for undiagnosed schizophrenia (but if you're self-diagnosing that's even worse). I'd highly recommend seeing a psych of some form to help soothe your mind and work through whatever is troubling you before it gets too much for you and your family to handle. But that's another thing entirely.

Why would you try make me learn how to teach? Do you see how you just jump around and can't keep one train of thought, but instead jump around incoherently and state random things that seem slightly related? You've done this multiple times now.

I'm only telling you this for your own well being. And if you're trolling, I'm sorry. Either way, I'm sorry.

I read too much. I'm trying to learn to write. And I think that maybe if I help you write a little better it'll help me a little.

So KISS it. Keep it simple, stupid.

no.

What IQ would the smartest caveman have had?

Would that make you feel better?

No I don't care but you seem intimidated so I think you probably just want to be put in your place

You're right. I'm sorry, friend.

>made it on my phone with sketchbook because it was fast and easy and i did it while i was shitting
im published in multiple legit journals lmaoing at ur life

Weed increases your openness to suggestion so it's possible an outside stimuli triggered a burst of creativity but weed doesn't actually make you "smarter"

Link for hall et al pls

I'm kinda high right now and everyone knows stoners love talking about weed so why not.

People tend to think of weed as one thing when it's not. Strains aren't just fun names, they're fun names typically given to tell you that this specific plant you're smoking has a specific chemical profile. Theoretically, most different strains would contain different combinations of different chemicals called cannabinoids, including THC, CBD, CBN, and a variety of others (Wikipedia says there's about 113, but that's just Wikipedia), each of which having it's own set of effects on the human body. It's commonly accepted that there are two main species that produce marijuana that you can smoke, cannabis sativa and cannabis indica. The main difference between them is that typically sativas will have more THC and indicas will have more CBD and CBN.

Typically, a perception of increased creativity (whether real or not) and an increase in "mental energy" are characteristic of a sativa (or a sativa dominant hybrid). If you had smoked an indica, you'd probably have spent more time sitting on your couch and had a more physical than mental high. It's still always a good idea to look over your notes and see if they make sense when you're sober.
I find if I'm studying something that I'm already familiar with, I can sometimes find new ways to look at it, but if I'm just learning something, it won't stick in my mind at all.

thats silly. its the thc that gets you high, anything else has negligible psychoactive effects. you also forgot terpenes which play a role like mycerene

All the cannabinoids contribute to the effect you experience not just the one with the name more people know.

ok, go ahead and prove that

heres one example of how you are wrong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidivarin

Its the thc that gets you high, everything else has negligible effects.

even better, here's this to blow your indica/sativa placebo effect out of the water

"We would all prefer simple nostrums to explain complex systems, but this is futile and even potentially dangerous in the context of a psychoactive drug such as Cannabis. Once again, it is necessary to quantify the biochemical components of a given Cannabis strain and correlate these with the observed effects in real patients. Beyond the increasing number of CBD predominant strains in recent years, almost all Cannabis on the market has been from high-THC strains. The differences in observed effects in Cannabis are then due to their terpenoid content, which is rarely assayed, let alone reported to potential consumers. The sedation of the so-called indica strains is falsely attributed to CBD content when, in fact, CBD is stimulating in low and moderate doses! Rather, sedation in most common Cannabis strains is attributable to their myrcene content, a monoterpene with a strongly sedative couch-lock effect that resembles a narcotic. In contrast, a high limonene content (common to citrus peels) will be uplifting on mood, while the presence of the relatively rare terpene in Cannabis, alpha-pinene, can effectively reduce or eliminate the short-term memory impairment classically induced by THC.2,8"

online.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/can.2015.29003.ebr
here is the updated version
drugpoint.org.au/drugs_and_their_effects/cannabis/The_health_ and_psychological_effects_of_cannabis_use.pdf

Okay, you got me on the sativa/indica thing being bullshit, I was genuinely unaware of that and am now glad to be better informed so I don't spout dumb stoner shit. I also thought terpenes were just for smell so it's good to learn about that too. But also from your source:
>The same analogy [of musical support and harmony] fits well the synergistic phenomena observed in Cannabis, whose various components boost and compliment those of its better known ones, THC and CBD.
This is just agreeing with what I said about plenty of cannabinoids being responsible for the high, not just THC like you say. Obviously the THC is the primary component of the high, but it's not the only thing.

Only thing I know is that habitual weed use is linked to 'odd and eccentric' personality traits. Those personalities having higher rates of schizophrenia.

Watch Super High Me you rapists

I personally don't think weed will increase your intelligence
I do however think it's much easier to achieve a state of "flow" in whatever you're doing
If you're already doing a lot of math and enjoy it, you'll get into a state of flow much easier and be able to understand and work more efficiently

It's most noticeable for me when I practice some improvisation on guitar piano or drums.

post hoc ergo propter hoc

just don't over do it and you'll be fine

Terpenes/terpenoids are kind of like a big set of all sorts of scent and pharmaceutical/narcotic compounds. After all cannabinoids themselves are terpenoids

whats your IQ?

Perhaps, in extremely limited quantities and infrequently, done in healthy settings and socially. Otherwise probably not.