What am I in for?

What am I in for?

>dude fuck negroids lmao

Hope you like adjectives

One of the better editions, I wouldn't recommend it over an ebook complete Lovecraft but you've still done pretty well for yourself.

I thought about buying this but went with the Penguin editions instead. All in all, probably some good times.

By the way, can anyone explain the hate this board has for Lovecraft?

>Why does a board of Neo-Marxists hate a borderline Fascist

What's the actual best physical version of the complete works to buy so I can learn from OP's mistake?

can someone explain lovecraft to me, he seems like just another scifi writer.

He's a meme, you dip.

that's what i thought

But why is he a meme?

The early '00s were a weird time.

Lovecraft just has a semi unique perspective on horror while possessing an awkward style, so everyone leaps on his bandwagon and rides it into Unknown Memeland. There were also his social and political views that a lot of people like to tangentially rant about.

Obligatory

I bought this and read the whole thing in about two months.

I didn't like it. Lovecraft just isn't me, I suppose. Too much focus on weird imagery and not enough on engaging stories.

this. stephen king actually said something about lovecraft that was pretty spot on. the guy knows how to describe things and make you feel trapped in the reality of the book but he cant really make a moving scene. everything is in a state of stasis.

that edition looks pretty great. wish it wasnt 30 dollars.

>everything is in a state of stasis.

>implying that's not the greatest thing about Lovecraft.

99% of his stories all build up to an event which are described perfectly as time essentially stopping around a horrific visage.

You just know someone hasn't read something properly when they pull apart the exact thing which makes them actually worthwhile.

what? i didnt say that was a bad thing. i said he doesnt really know how to make moving scenes.
>the guy knows how to describe things and make you feel trapped in the reality of the book
im commending this. if you're into this kind of writing lovecraft is perfect.

>i said he doesnt really know how to make moving scenes.

And iv'e said that's literally the thing which makes his stories great. It's not even a critique, it's more like a simple observation of his writings.

>By the way, can anyone explain the hate this board has for Lovecraft?

Not a single memorable character or plot in any of his works.

mongs

god i could have sworn there was a character in Lovecraft mythology who became a culture icon.

>not a single character

ANSWER ME, KEKS! I WILL END YOU.

He was a nerdy weirdo who saw the world as largely a big spooky nothing. He wrote horror stories about impossibly big and powerful things that consider humanity as significant as gnats and also wrote essays on the importance of tradition and good living to give life meaning.

I bought that edition, it's great. Lovecraft's great and I hope you like him, if you do you should most definitely read some Howard, especially Conan. I bought this sexy beast and would recommend it but it has a surprise Stephen King quote on the back

what is wrong with that version? it's cheap and has plenty of material

>Not a single memorable character

Cthulhu, Randolph Carter, Wilbur Wately, Abdul Alhazred,