Why is there such an obsession with iq on sci?

why is there such an obsession with iq on sci?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289607000219
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it is the perfect measure of intelligence and the singe best predictor of success in all aspects of life.

Because it's the only thing neets with no self respect have to show for.

Statistics are very easy to manipulate.

intelligent people tend to be more miserable than dumb people

what the fuck is that

lol no

Looks like fat with strawberries and beans

It's measurable.

No
Miserable narcissists tend to think they're intelligent when they're not

Imagine you're a person obsessed with IQ.
Which board would you choose to talk about it?

/d/?

Veeky Forums, /3/, /pol/, Veeky Forums, /adv/, Veeky Forums, maybe some others too
basically any srs bsns pretentious board full off know it all nerds
it's a shame that it's a popular topic in here

this meme needs to stop

It's not
www.emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/Intelligence-and-socioeconomic-success-A-meta-analytic-review-of-longitudinal-research.pdf

>The results demonstrate that intelligence is a powerful predictor of success but, on the whole, not an overwhelmingly better predictor than parental SES or grades
School teaches you the same things that help you do well on IQ tests, so if you go to a good school you'll do well on IQ tests. Parental SES socio economical status is the single best predictor for success because it gives you access to the best schools.

It's not a meme
>higher IQ scores sometimes increase the probability of being in financial difficulty

>Veeky Forums and /pol/
>pretentious or serious
/pol/ is filled with teenagers from reddit and Veeky Forums is mostly shitcoin gambling addicts.

American chocolate pudding.

IQ is easy to "rationalise" and skew to the layman. Of course teens will abuse it.

>why is there such an obsession with iq on sci?
it's the only known way we have that predicts success in a specific field with a good confidence.

I think user was sarcastic here.

because they are all narcissists who require camouflage against whatever flaw they think defines their character

It's the only way for brainlets to feel good about their intelligence

because some people have such an intense need to feel better than other people that they go into stem fields and do mediocre so that they can pretend like memorising facts and equations makes them smarter

>Actually believing low IQ people when they tell you IQ doesn't matter.

New here, didn't know this board was for retards.

151 here. Talk to me about your envy.

I usually collect from people that aren't 300+ being 420 IQ attracts a lot of it.

Tbh i would take the consensus of just one paper and when they talk about ses and grades do they take into account interactions?

>because some people have such an intense need to feel better than other people
I think you're right about that, but do you actually think this only applies to STEM?
I'd argue most other subjects are even worse in that regard.

>tfw I scored 128
>yet I constantly spot and point out errors 140+ guys in my group make and am often asked for advice

lol iq

IQ Is arbitrary, you can study for those tests. I know lots of people who get majorly different scores when they/ve taken the tests at different points, its all a joke

im 148 and I've got a 3.0 and i never study, lots of ppl probably think I'm dumb, but I'm lazy and i don't care. the number doesn't change shit for me. my brother is 170+, but he's the most airheaded illogical person I've ever met. I'll do better in life, and not because of my iq

also, i've got a terrible mold allergy and gluten intolerance and i wanted extra time in school, so i loaded myself up to feel like shit before the test, i wouldn't have been able to handle any real conversation and I still got 148. The whole test is fucked and dumb

>I'm soooooo intelligent, look how miserable and edgy i am
>*sheaths katana*

It's a great way of swinging one's virtual dick without having to have actually put any effort into anything to show for it. That's because most people on Veeky Forums are high school students, too young or stupid to post in the diploma thread, or are lazy pieces of NEET shit that dream of going to an ivy someday, but don't want to work for it.

So instead, they use their arbitrarily determined number based on multiple areas of middle school level information in order to determine a gauge for their success, despite the fact they aren't going to work for it.

t. Retarded but got 148 in Fake Internet IQ test.
>Weekly Reminder that:
Unreliable Internet tests don't count

IQ measure of intelligence and predict success

Brainlets keep lying to themselves telling that IQ don't matter.

High IQ correlates with High Brain Volume, Years of Education & High Income.

Ashkenazi Girls crave for this Phenotype.
How can Brainlet Goyim even compete?

fuck when i saw this shit the first few times i laughed, but you've been going at this for fucking WEEKS now. this is real, unironic autism right here.

btw isn't ed actaully italian and only frauding his ashkenazi status?

People who don't know that IQ is an average in the responses in a non-globally agreed test for a population sample where 100 is the average of them all.

For some reason, people think that it's an absolute measurement, like a meter or a pound.

It's funny how IQ threads are always full of people who desperately reject the notion that IQ has any significance. Well guess what? IQ has been shown to correlate with every imaginable positive metric, over and over again.

But I guess they wouldn't know since they probably don't read scientific journals.

As for my own IQ, It was 143 the last time I got tested.

---
My opinion does not reflect the opinion of Mensa International Ltd.

>went to mensa testing
>148 IQ
>inducting into a high IQ society
>work in as a plumber after graduating college with a 2.4

They don't mean shit

Just people stroking their e-peen

which is most reliable free online iq test?

148 IQ working in as a plumber

Proof with Timestamp or BTFO.

IQ correlates with Occupation

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient
Average adult combined IQs associated with real-life accomplishments
125 → MDs, JDs, and PhDs
112 → College graduates
104 → 1–3 years of college
100 to 105 → Clerical and sales workers
97 to 100 → High school graduates, skilled workers (e.g., electricians, cabinetmakers)
90 to 95 → 1–3 years of high school, Semi-skilled workers (e.g. truck drivers, factory workers)
80 to 85 → Elementary school dropouts

Average IQ of various occupational groups:
112 → Professional and technical
104 → Managers and administrators
101 → Clerical workers, sales workers, skilled workers, craftsmen, and foremen
92 → Semi-skilled workers (operatives, service workers, including private household) 87 → Unskilled workers 87

Type of work that can be accomplished:
60 → Adults can harvest vegetables, repair furniture
50 → Adults can do domestic work

Yes. Only stupid mongs are happy. This world is a fucking dumpster. You have to be literally retarded to enjoy it.

you are simply wrong

Guys, I'm thinking of doing an IQ test. I've played Brain Age 2 every day for 9 years so I think I could do pretty well. Do you think I should do it?

It will get better once you turn 20.

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow

Here's a rhetorical question for IQ fags:

Could you explain, without google, how your IQ score is generated and what the number means? Additionally, are all IQ scores directly comparible?

True. I've never seen someone who doesn't believe in IQ even attempting to argue against this. They casually just ignore it.

Because Veeky Forums doesn't have achievements or anything to be proud of besides a number they have no control of.

If you have a certified high IQ and did nothing with it then you're nothing but a piece of shit. You had academic chances served on a silver plate and ended up wasting it

Shitpost about brainlets all you want, but in the end most of them are out there, living life and taking risks, while you shitpost on an anime imageboard trying to feel superior in front of other failures

>60 → Adults can harvest vegetables, repair furniture
>tfw don't know how to repair furniture

iq obsession comes from /pol/ , white supremacist loves iq because tell white men people begins upper class and women,blacks or hispans are only for

60 → Adults can harvest vegetables, repair furniture(blacks,hispans)
50 → Adults can do domestic work(women)

~~~ no one cares ~~~