Why do so many people hate tomatoes? I think they are delicious and versatile...

Why do so many people hate tomatoes? I think they are delicious and versatile, but I've known a lot of people who go "ewww" over them.

Different people have different tastes

News at 11

This.

Also, I think that many people simply haven't had good tomatoes. I have never had much luck getting good tomatoes from a supermarket. They are always lacking in flavor and very watery--in other words, they suck. I can easily see how someone who only had supermarket tomatoes might not like them.

OTOH, tomatoes from friends who garden or from the farmer's market are often really delicious.

Because both the flavor and texture is literally shit.

>Tomatoes get a bad rap but olives get off scot free

Darkest timeline

I've never met anybody who would hate tomatoes

Go to a doctor my guy shit

there are plenty of great applications for tomatoes, but i just don't like them raw by themselves. my parents used to just buy cherry tomatoes to snack on and i could never do that.

is right though, i'm sure for your average person that dislikes tomatoes their typical exposure to them is in salads and sandwiches in restaurants and fast food joints. sliced tomatoes tend to be pretty grainy/mealy and tasteless.

but olives are so delicious.. so many varieties and presentations! black olives need to fuck off in most cases, though.

Crisp and mush do not go together.

I cant even think a good way to describe the taste other than the wateryness. Slightly bitter with a hint of sour?

Store bought, restaurant, or garden fresh, Ive never tried a tomato that made me see the appeal in them as anything more than an ingredient.

I'm not a fan of the slimy seed texture or the clammy, acidic flavor of raw tomatoes. I think the flavor turns really rich and delicious when they're cooked though.

i think there's a disconnect with its appearance and taste. something so juicy and vibrant has no business having such a savory taste.

i used to be weirded out by tomatoes when i was a kid, but i love them now.

>natural citric acid - a known flavor enhancer
>natural MSG - a known flavor enhancer

People that hate tomatoes just hate flavor. tomato is the perfect garnish.

slimy texture, same reason plebs hate okra

Because cheap and shitty fast food tomatos are one of the most disgusting things you can walk out of a mcdonalds with. They're flavorless, gritty, mushy and soak everything they surround.

I think most people who say they hate tomatos either never had a good tomato or are so used to terrible tomatos that they just associate good tomatos with bad ones.

I literally just ate 4 lbs of raw tomatoes with salt on them. these are my favorite food, and fuck anyone who doesn't appreciate them

you have to get the firm ones for the perfect mixture of crisp flesh, juicy sweet membrane, and thin, aromatic skin. based tomatoes

Tomatoes are an acquired taste. Like other things...

>slimy
>clammy
>acidic
Are we still talking about tomatoes?

Cherry tomatoes are the only ones I've tried that I truly enjoy raw, yet I love so many tomato based sauces and dishes. Depends how you use them.

Because the gene pool is fucked up, and our soft-ass civilization has allowed inferior genes to reproduce at an alarming rate.

>being a smug vegetable elitist

Get a life kids

I don't like their texture nor their flavor when they aren't paired with anything. That said tomato and basil is pretty god tier.

A lot of people are complete trash and their parents never broke them of their picky bullshit 10 year old attitude so they turn into adults with shit taste.

Texture.

Tomatoes feel like you're biting into an alien egg.

Finally diced or pureed, they're pretty awesome.

When cooked as an ingredient, they are okay, and are usually a key flavor in many dishes. When raw or not fully-cooked, it feels and tastes like I'm eating a jellied abortion.

Also, I find the smell nice when fresh off the vine and still whole, but raw tomatoes being cut or prepared for canning is nauseating to me. No idea why, but it's a special hell.

They feel weird.

Its like biting into a water baloon.

I only dislike tomatoes in hamburgers, because they always make the burger soggy as fuck.

Please don't commit suicide.

My mother grew up in Thailand where tomatoes get disgusting really quickly because of how humid it is. That's what I'd chalk it up to. I'm pretty sure it's all mental because I just copped up some tomatoes, put cilantro in it and called it salsa and she was fine with it.

common grocery store tomatoes aren't very good, heirloom varieties is where the flavor and texture is

i don't know but it could be that they have only eaten shitty tomatoes. i've had my fair share of good and bad tomatoes but recently found extraordinary tomatoes, i literally like them even more than steak and that's saying something.

As a person who hated raw tomatoes the first 23 years of his life:
the texture of the watery seeds was my number one reason, followed by the combination of sweet and acidic with the tomato taste feeling very uncanny. also the market is flooded with shiny but terrible tomatoes which are mostly acidic water with slimy seeds.

i forced myself into raw tomatoes in a phase where i wanted to get over every single one of my remaining food aversions and was extremely surprised when i tried good quality tomatoes.

I fucking hate tomato's.

Watery, shit tasting, balls of disappointment. Ruin a burger, ruin a salad, ruin everything they go on.

They have no business looking that tasty either.

I hated olive until I went to Spain and kept getting free olives with everything I ordered.

Explain to everyone why you chose to use an apostrophe there.

Tomatoes are underrated for raw munching. I often buy a tomato when Im in the store and just eat it fresh on my way home.

that's what you took away from his statement?

Live in Norway btw, the tomatoes here are completely different from the bloated shiny shit you find in stores in America.

Easier to fix a simple grammatical misunderstanding than retarded personal food preferences.

Easier to fix a simple grammatical misunderstanding than retarded personal food preferences.

i was just about to make a broiuled cheese and tomato sandwich but some asshole ate all the pepperjack and the bread is moldy

GOD DAMN

It's called autocorrect you might have heard of it.

>They have no business looking that tasty either
Fucking this. Tomato's look so shiny and plump, but then you take a bite and its pure mucus

>its autocorrect, i swear!

Yes, mine was intentional.

>I want attention this bad