So I heard you food autists have some kind of a problem with heating water in a microwave. Care to explain yourselves?

So I heard you food autists have some kind of a problem with heating water in a microwave. Care to explain yourselves?

>Infusing your clean water directly with microwave radiation

The radiation generated by the microwave oven causes the fluoride in the water to react and form female hormones.
Jet aircraft use the same technology in the skies, but targeted against the clouds. This is what created the faggotization commonly referred to as "millennials".

waste of trips

>buy my anti-estrogen drink I'm advertising on Clear Channel and Alex Jones for only $10.00/12 oz.
>guaranteed to keep you from becoming a numale. If you develop breasts while subscribing to our product you'll receive a full refund for your last months supply.

*superheats and explodes in your face, permanently disfiguring you*

tap water is too impure for this to occur

enjoy your estrogen filled tap water infused with radioactive waves

how do i upvote this?

Are there people who really frown upon this?

I don't do it often because the heat generation is too fast and too heterogeneous to allow convection.
So you have small pockets of very hot water in a bunch of tepid water. Sometimes it even starts to boil and spill while the average temp is still low.

But when I don't want to do a full kettle, a closed ceramic or glass container is fine.

You'll end up with hoboken chiclet nipples, a case of scrofula, demeaning plebny and fondler's remorse.

Same reason it's weird to make toast using the oven

You have a toaster for that, you have a kettle for this

oven takes longer
microwave is faster

Why blame millennials when it was the generation above them that does this shit and were drug using hippies and bad parents in general?

how does that even work
i mean microwaves are electromagnetic radiation (i.e. magnetic field changes at a frequency of 2450 MHz) and water isn't ferromagnetic so wtf

Water molecules are dipoles, they're like tiny little magnets. One side of them is plus and the other minus. Microwaves cause them to spin like wicked shit, and that produces heat.

Protip: This is the only way a microwave oven heats _anything_. It agitates the water molecules in the food.

You do realise that every living organism emits radiation in the form of infrared and carbon. Radios are radioactice also. As is colour light in general really so does the device that you typed that on. Radiation is mostly harmless. Eating a banana for example exposes you to radiation due to the radioactive potassium 40.

what happens if you put something devoid of moisture in a microwave?

Listen to Microwaves work well on polar molecules, which is why they primarily heat up water, fats and other polar materials in food. Microwaves can act on other molecules as well, though.

Household microwaves are indeed tuned primarily to work on liquid water, but microwave chambers do exist for chemical synthesis in situations where the reactions must happen in highly controlled conditions. These chambers usually allow the operator to set their frequency to match the absorptive frequency of the target material in the chamber.

Hopefully this answers What happens depends entirely on the absorption profile of whatever anhydrous material is being put in the microwave oven.

Most microwaves get absorbed by the water but a few bounce back. If the little plate is at a certain point in it's spin, the reflected waves will be at a phase that is the inverted version of the emitted wave. The collision between both waves results in exploding water through destructive interference.

Microwaves aren't ionizing. If you're going to say they're bad you're going to have to give a reason.

>infused with radioactive waves
I hope this is a joke and you're not really this stupid

It's easier to monitor and control the heat of the wayter on a stove or in an electric kettle:

So much broscience in this thread. Aren't microwaves old enough to be considered not scary?

That's the joke.

Do Americans really do this?

>microwave is faster than a kettle

Americans have massively underpowered electrical systems. They are half the voltage of normal countries so I can see what he said being true.

you go back to redit thats how

>people are unironically taking this thread seriously

>Americans have massively underpowered electrical systems
>which is why microwaves are more powerful?
ok?

Watts = Volts x Amps.

The US runs double the amperage at 115V than the UK at ~230V.

Jesus, look the shit up before you show yourself to be a moron.

you only heat sub 2 cup batches in the microwave otherwise it heats like shit, the less water the more reliable the heating.

american homes, at least every one built since the 70's has ever able to handle 3000 watts, with special ones for laundry and kitchen that typically handle 6000 watts.

If you want to heat water

convection > microwave > stove top

in that order, from fastest to least fast. and really, only quantity makes the stove a good option over a micro wave.

>ripping apart the cells in the water.
You ruin the water DNA so it causes cancer.

>convection
hahah wtf nigger

it gives the water microwave stank

This single post was more helpful than three years of chemistry classes

hot glass owie

This is the only practical reason, that and volume but oy a retard would microwave more than a liter of water to make souo or cook pasta

Why would you heat water in a microwave when that's what water boilers / electric kettles are for?
The water won't even boil if you microwave it, right? I never tried it though. But the glass must be hot too. How can you even touch it? Fuck Americans.

>The water won't even boil if you microwave it, right?
what

You utter blob.

>Why would you heat water in a microwave when that's what water boilers / electric kettles are for?

Electric kettles are rare in the US. Water boilers? Same thing (though I agree they are awesome). The microwave works fine, and makes sense if you're only doing this sort of thing occasionally.

>>The water won't even boil if you microwave it, right?
Of fucking course it will boil. You apparently don't even understand how microwave ovens work.

> But the glass must be hot too
Not really. Microwave ovens heat water extremely well but other things very poorly. They can cook food because most foods are comprised mostly of water. They don't transfer much energy into the glass, and the glass measuring cup HAS A GODDAMN HANDLE.

Who the fuck still owns a kettle? Europoors need not apply.

>walk into house
>'put the microwave on love i'm gasping for a cup of tea'

no it doesn't feel right

I have no microwave oven nor kettle, i warm it on flame like pasta water
Got a problem?

Tastes worse. You might not notice it if you're just drinking hot water I guess, but when it comes to tea, yeah, you very rarely can get away with microwaving it without ruining the flavour.

If the tea is still at about 50% heatness, I'd say you could microwave it for a boost but that's it.

pretty much almost everyone from what I can tell

>heat water in microwave
>wait for it to reach appropriate brewing temp
>add tea leaves and brew
>this somehow makes the tea taste worse

Literally what. People are so traditional when it comes to drinks.

You wouldn't notice at first. You think a sommelier knows everything when he has his very first glass?

And of course if you only drink microwave tea, you'll never notice.

I don't know a single person with a kettle besides my British grandmother. Not a one.

My name's John.

you have to leave the basement first, john

The heating in the microwave isn't uniform, when it comes to infusions this can make a difference.

I hate this place.

A microwave heats much more evenly than a kettle does.

The microwave heats from all sides. The kettle heats from the bottom only.

Not to mention that this point is entirely moot as the water mixes when you pour it out of the heating device into your mug or teapot.

I bet you fags don't even double boil water in your kettles.

But why are yurocucks so JUST when they don't microwave water and get no chemtrails because they're too poor for planes and ride trains?

it's like you've never even used a microwave before

It's like you've never used your brain before.

does your microwave not rotate the item you put in it?

i don't even know where that thing is anymore

JUST

Okay, Flint.

Is that really yours?

not who you quoted but I learned this stuff in chemistry...

ive literally never seen an electric kettle for sale

yes