Is there a philosophy that talks about how all words are inherently meaningless and good and bad are social constructs?

Is there a philosophy that talks about how all words are inherently meaningless and good and bad are social constructs?

for the first part Wittgenstein

for the second part literally any philosopher ever

You need to be 18+ to browse this website.

I've wanted to get a good understanding of wittgenstein, but I tried ordering logico tractatus philosophicus, and I just did not understand. I think someone else explaining him would probably be more useful.

U can't know nothing
U can't know nothing
U can't even know that u knoe nothing

t. philosopher

>all words are inherently meaningless
What does it even mean

How would you communicate that words are inherently meaningless?

What is meaning? Knowledge is inherently limited. Eventually when you break everything far down enough, everything is absurd. That's what it means.

>all words are inherently meaningless
but what if some words are externally meaningful

>and good and bad are social constructs?
but can we hope to step outside social constructs

What you just wrote is gibberish.

what does the word absurd signify to you

it's like randomly thrown in to me

doesn't compute

lmao

lmao

There's something terribly sad and banal about that.

About what?

Stop asking questions.

I remember when I was 12 or so shit like that appeared to be super deep to me.

And what have you learned since then?

Why would you need any philosophy? Seems to me you got it all figured out already.

Yeah, its called post-modernism and it was an entire dumb movement. I'm surprised you've never heard of it.

Hmm, that's actually what inspired me to make this thread. I was actually just waiting to see if anyone else would point that out. I am really interested in the movement actually, I read some quotes by foucault and it sounds like a really interesting philosophy which deals with social theory as well. It sounds right up my alley, considering I'm a progressive and an atheist and a nihilist.

bump

That it's simply dumb posturing that leads nowhere.

wow

With post-modernism words aren't inherently meaningless (it's a strange proposition, likely it cannot be proven) but meanings of words are determined by a network of other words rather than having a direct correspondence between signifier and signified.

The idea is they are not so much meaningless as they are autonomous, observable phenomena.

I agree...

I think you'd dig The Post Card by Derrida.