ITT: underrated things/flavors you haven't been able to find anywhere

For me it's maple walnut ice cream, haven't seen it anywhere since moving south. Non-strawberry berry ice cream is also a bit too rare.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodtimeline.org/foodicecream.html#americanicecream
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably cuz they don't have maple trees down there you leaf

what year do you live in where you can't get maple syrup year round, especially maple flavored products? You waiting for the next train to come through tombstone??

i dont mean to be a bother but op's pic is of maple walnut icecream, not of maple syrup

Cinnamon ice cream. I used to get it at a restaurant that's been closed for about a decade now. That place had good tiramisu too.

I've had Snicker doodle ice cream before. Does it taste the same as cinnon ice cream?

Chocolate pizzas

I included maple flavored products as well, sprouts has cookies and ice cream year round and I live in the fuckin desert.

probably fairly close, i'd reckon

Ice cream place near me does a vegan horchata. At first I was turned off because >vegan but it's fucking amazing, and the cinnamon comes through super well. One of my favorite flavors all time.

Fucking chocolate and vanillafags ruined the ice cream market. If it's not one of those two casuals won't buy it so more inventive flavors don't sell and never get made.

How can vanilla and chocolate ruin the market when they were the first flavors created? The market wouldn't exist if they weren't popular.

If you're above 15 you should Be ashamed of yourself

If there are any slovaks here who can explain it, please do. some flavor soda I had called bez. I'm not sure if it's elderflower or what, it doesn't taste like anything I've ever had and was so good, but I can't find a translation

>How can vanilla and chocolate ruin the market when they were the first flavors created?
they weren't

Boiled peanuts.

Went to visit family in Alabama and it was everywhere, even gas stations had them. Had some at my aunt's house and fucking loved them, can't find the right peanuts for boilin anywhere back here in Cali... Ive seen canned boiled peanuts but fuck that, I want the real deal home made

>Moving down south

Get a churner and make it yourself. I did, with coconut milk and cashews. Now I usually make "nicecream" with frozen bananas and stuff, because it's quicker and more satisfying.

In Paris I had a cold duck confit with mustard ice cream. Shit was crazy good and I've been working for years to reproduce it.

You literally just need raw peanuts in the shell. Most of them get sold so people can roast their own. They're at any major grocery store.

What was?

The first "modern" ice creams were fruit flavoured with whatever was at hand. Some early recipes called for apricot or raspberry. Vanilla wasn't a common flavour at all until the early nineteenth century.

foodtimeline.org/foodicecream.html#americanicecream

buddy, pal, i work in a dessert parlour and we go through plenty of different flavours. salted caramel, toffee fudge, mint choc chip, we even get people buying turkish delight flavour. coconut and banana are also big sellers.

Not that guy, but my company transferred me to Georgia. The cost of living is really low, the weather is great (I don't mind the heat and humidity), and the food is pretty fucking good especially local produce. Coastal cities > the South > Southwest > Midwest > all others