Who here /eatshealthy/? What kinda meals do you make for yourself

Who here /eatshealthy/? What kinda meals do you make for yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-protein_diet#Health_effects
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Zone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lost 16kg in the last 7 months, mainly I make myself a big ass bowl of salad and cook some meat to go with it, then eat that with wasa crackers. If I have any calories left, I eat eggs and/or fruit, mainly

Ive been wanting to make a /healthycooking/ thread for low calorie recipie ideas (bonus point for high protein).

Ive been eating a lot of seafood (Baked salmon, tuna sandwhiches) and raw veggies (carrots, lettuce)

I also like to make chicken tacos with reduced calorie ingredients. Its a lot better for low cal than regular beef tacos.

Also, eggs are still a great healthy choice. Fried, scrambled, ham and cheese omelet

What kind of meat do you usually eat?

I only drink alkalised himalayan water and eat forest moss.

same

My favorite meal to cook is spin inch with balsamic, poached egg, salmon, and feta on English muffin. Super filling and not dense in calories.

i shove a massive tablespoon of peanutbutter in my mouth with a cock i mean a banana

then i slurp and mow down on two avacados o ,ea7 o i mean Ballls

I'm the minority, but I like basic healthy eating. Not gourmet-infused-glazed-double broiled stuff; just enjoying healthy food for the taste. Avocado; little salt--done. Sautéed spinach; little garlic, done. Baked sweet potato slices; olive oil, lemon pepper--done. And so on. Whatever food it is, I try to stay close to the flavor of it and add minimal enhancements. Otherwise I feel like a 12 year old trying to bury his broccoli in cheese just to eat it...that negates the point. Accordingly, I like to taste the bitterness of cabbage, the heat of raw ginger, and the simplicity of cucumber...

There's a tendency in cooking--especially in healthy cooking, actually--to jazz up everything: Soaked, roasted beets with a double infused lemon butter batter, sifted in fresh oregano with....LOOK. If you want beets...eat beets. Taste beets. If you need all that to eat some fuckin' beets...damn, then don't eat beets, man. After you add everything up, it's not healthy anyway, so you might as well get a pizza and be done with it.

Lastly, I try to eat more for nutritional intake then anything else. What are the most nutritious things I can put in to my body? Maximize that and minimize the junk. No fast food, no bread or pasta, definitely no chips/snack food and candy...it's like eating styrofoam in terms of health. Forget cravings and look at food on a 1 out of 10 scale; go for streamlined 10's and avoid anything less. Like I said...I'm the minority, but food is how we stay alive, after all...

YOU MONSTER

I WOULDN'T EAT ANYTHING THAT CASTS A SHADOW

Serious reply here: BANANAS.

Why don't more people eat bananas? I think that people avoid them because a) they're phallic and b) they remind us that we're apes.

I've gotten so healthy now that I eat lots of fruit a day. RIPEN YOUR OWN BANANAS AT HOME. ripe bananas hold more vitamins, and the fruit sugar from ripe bananas is fantastic for people with sugar problems.

I only drink and eat foods with a pH level of 14 or more

Muh fucking nigga.

Literally have an oatmeal with banana every breakfast with a banana for snack. It's low and filling

Currently bulking:
>Oatmeal with 2% milk and whey powder
>Cottage cheese or scrambled eggs with chives and rye toast
>Baked sweetpotato with tuna/chicken salad
>Ham, chive and cream cheese omelette burrito
>Fried turkey/chicken breast with peppers and onions (fajitas) sometimes in a tortilla
>Fried lamb's liver and onions with gravy
>Chili con carne with red kidney beans and lean mince
>Chicken and onion curry with steamed rice
>Various sandwiches
>Pieces of fruit for a quick snack
>Milk, a fuckload of the stuff

Oatmeal mixed with vanilla Greek yogurt is very good. I would microwave a half bowl of oats in a bit of water, until it was slightly soft/warm, than mix in the yogurt. Lost alot of weight with this being my first meal of the day. I would also make multiple flatbread rolls either filled with pb and jelly, lunch meat, spinach and a low calorie condiment such as mustard, or sliced sweet peppers and mustard. I had a job that allowed me to eat every couple hours, I would make enough of these to allow myself to eat low calorie things every two hours throughout the day. Lost 60 pounds a couple of times. My weight has rebounded a few times and now I am a husk of my former self (in an interpersonal sense).

>being a food puritan

lmao look at this guy.

Yeah no, fruit is LOADED with sugar and the last thing the average western diet needs is more sugar.

>western diet
People who say this... where do I even start...

Because everyone has the same diet right? Fruit is the only major source of sugar in my diet, same with a lot of people I know. Not everyone chugs coke and munches candy bars like tic-tacs.

It's almost like whole fruits are also loaded with fiber so all that sugar doesn't go right to your bloodstream or something. Fuck off man.

steamed chicken breast and broccoli are a classic favorite.

Grilled butter sticks with that, sir?

I don't even know what's healthy anymore.

I thought I was healthy. I eat oats and berries with Greek yogurt, olives, legumes and brown rice with mixed vegetables, homemade hummus and pita, fish twice a week, sweet potato, a spinach salad every day with balsamic vinaigrette and chopped walnuts on top. My blood pressure is 170/90.

I used to until I started calorie counting. The high sugar content in fruit also makes them fairly calorie dense.

You should treat most fruit as an occasional sweet when on a diet, but if you eat them regularly, those calories will add up fast.

At least, if you want to actually feel full throughout the day while mantaining a calorie deficet.

The exception to this seems to be berries. Some kind of witchcraft makes them much sweeter than their carb count would suggest.

Did that sound funny in your head?

Huh, I didnt know that. I fucking love blueberries. Ill have to check the calories on them and any other berries at my local supermarket when I do my grocery shopping tomorrow.

pic related
>made it when my gf texted me and asked if I liked blueberries

People who say they never eat snacks or bread/pasta always come off as pretentious to me. Food doesn't make people fat or unhealthy. What fucks people up is their inability to control how much of that food they're eating. I do agree with a lot of the rest of your post though. Sometimes recipes seem overly complicated and all you really need is to throw some salt and pepper on something and be done with it.

Blood pressure isn't just healthy eating. It's also water and salt intake, stress, and maybe even some genetics.

Strawberries are the best for this. A cup of blueberries is roughly equitable to 1 large banana.

>A cup of blueberries is roughly equitable to 1 large banana.
Damn.

Thanks for the tips though!

a healthy light meal/snack is the plowmans lunch. sliced meat(good salami from aldis for me) cheese(smoked gouda) and an apple(granny smith)

>reddit lunch
I bet you think National Donut Day is a real holiday

>reddit lunch
tha fuck you on about man?
>national donut day
fuck off with that shit

The word "healthy" means nothing.

Healthy is a misused synonym for other things, some good, some bullshit.

Do you mean low calorie? Do you mean high in micronutrients? Do you mean high in one of the macro nutrients? Are you a mom on facebook using healthy as a synonym for this weeks buzzword (organic, clean, no preservatives, all natural, whatever?)

Literally a meaningless word.

Healthy means in such a way that maximises health, of course.

Generally that means a way of eating that leads to a long, vital life with minimal health problems.

>high protein
>healthy
>poison-laden fish from a dying sea
>healthy

veggie bean chili and bread. 80%+ of my calories come from these two foods.

So healthy means vegetarian with a high caloric deficit?

Whole food plant based and moderate portions seems to be the best way, especially when paired with traditional life in a good old fashioned community.

Blue Zone mode.

because most fish that people eat come from the sea

breakfast- oatmeal w/ flax meal. handfull of nuts, handful of berries.

lunch- salad or green shake. Lots of arugula, topped with a few nuts or seeds and citrus or vinegar as a dressing. beets go here too.

dinner: beans and brown rice/potatoes.

No added oils, salt, or sugar. All whole food. Plant based. No animal products. I sip hibiscus and cold brewed teas throughout the day. No soda. Booze once or twice a year.

I slice up spinach, throw a little aged cheddar in it with thinly sliced onions and S&P plus olive oil. Lean meats. No real carbs except the occasional potado.

I don't think you'd be any fun to have around desu...

>You should treat most fruit as an occasional sweet when on a diet, but if you eat them regularly, those calories will add up fast.

You need to eat fruit everyday to be healthy. Stop being retarded.

The point is that eating fish is no longer healthy.

That's pretty impressive. I feel like I'm missing out without some olive oil and a bit of meat every few days and I like my salt. The majority of my food is whole food plant based though.

What kind of teas do you cold brew and with which method?

>You need to eat fruit everyday to be healthy. Stop being retarded.

You're really bad at this trolling thing. It's super transparent.

Mostly of the healthy stuff in fruit you can also get out of vegetables.

Also, most fruits have been bred to be overly sweet rather than to be healthy. A common apple these days is just a ball of fructose and acid for the most part.

Of course this differs wildly per fruit. Things like berries are master race.

Unless you are eating pots worth of fucking beans, are you just tired all the time? Or did you leave out the protein supplements you're also taking.

Pic related. You, probably.

green, cam, black, earl. Just let the bags or loose leafs sit in a cup of room temp water. Brewing kills the anti-oxidants.

Protein meme. a cup of beans has more protein than a serving of chicken plus none of the bullshit. You'll never gain weight you don't want to gain on a whole food plant based diet. Zero supplements- other than b12 and D3 when i'm not going to be in the sun. Amla powder in my morning/afternoon shake is as close to a supplement as I get. Get your nutrition from whole foods- the overwhelming majority of supplements are snake oil.

retard. Oatmeal, nuts, beans and rice are loaded with protein. Aside from that protein isn't even what powers the body. Carbs and fats power the body. Protein is for muscle repair.

>Thinking high protein isnt a good thing
>Not knowing different seafood has different mercury content
>Not knowing almost anything at the bottom of the food chain has virtually no mercury

Its like you want to be DYEL for life.

>>Thinking high protein isnt a good thing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-protein_diet#Health_effects
Sufficient protein is important, more than that is more likely to be detrimental.

>>Not knowing different seafood has different mercury content
>>Not knowing almost anything at the bottom of the food chain has virtually no mercury
The guy mentioned specifically tuna and salmon, top of the food chain high mercury fish.

Also, eating like a bodybuiler has nothing to do with health and everything with sacrificing health to an aesthetic ideal.

>Takeing Omega3 supplements is healthier than just eating real food

Fuck off faggot, everyone should eat at least some fish

>Salmon
>High mercury

Might wanna double check your facts there bud

You're right, my mistake. Still goes for tuna though.

How do people manage to eat healthy effortlessly?

Is that a genetic thing? Like I read about people saying how they find fast food inedible and sweets sickeningly sweet. Some even go as far as rarely eating fruit because they find it too sweet.

Every time I try to eat healthy I just can never get used to it. I still crave fast food, soda and sweets.

The healthiest, longest living community in the US is vegetarian. Most of the healthiest communities in the world eat plant based.

There is no reason to believe you need fish.

>Every time I try to eat healthy I just can never get used to it. I still crave fast food, soda and sweets.

How many days/weeks did you go eating nothing but clean/healthy food for every meal, with zero "bad" foods mixed in?

Start slow. Replace soda with soda water. The only reason you crave sweets is because it is literally addicting.

Out of curiousity, have they studied if theres a correlation between eating a plant based diet and actively pursuing healthiness?

As in, out of the total amount of people that actively try to be as healthy as possible, how many eat plant based diets? If its a majority, could that be skewing the data? Removing anyone that doesnt fit in this catagory, is there still a large enough difference between diets to indicate causation?

Im asking since people that want to cut most / all animal products out of their diet HAVE to study whats healthy to eat to not die of malnutrition, which isnt true of the reverse, people eating a more balanced diet.

Not too long. I still drank sugarfree soda and ate ""healthier"" sweets like granola bars. Also used sauces that contained added sugar.

I just don't know how others are able to do it. Did they just grow up with parents who cooked tasty healthy meals for them and didn't buy them any junk food?

Who here /eatsstealthy/?

They live wholesome traditional lives mostly, so that's a big part of it. They don't 'go vegan', they come for a culture where eating mostly whole food plant based is mandated by the environment and tradition.

Most modern urbanites have to study what a healthy plant based diet is because they live in culturally barren environments full of processed shit. But most peasant cuisine traditionally has a lot of legumes, whole grains and tubers. And the amount of animal based stuff they do eat tends to be top tier back yard free roam quality.

But you're right to be sceptical, these things are very hard to do with control groups because you can't lock people up for life and study their diets.

There's a whole lot more to what these people do than food, but all of them seem to eat mostly whole food plant based:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Zone

Thanks for the based reply.

There was one study that compared omnivores who spent a significant amount of time every week going running, like 2-3 hours, with vegetarians who also exercised and with vegans who were couch potatoes. The couch potato vegans still had slightly better cardiovascular function than the omnivores who worked out regularly.

The thing to remember is that while nearly all human societies have eaten meat historically, they also tended to have to work pretty hard to get it. You might eat a lot of meat but it would always be freshly caught wild game and it would be after several hours if not an entire day of physically intensive labor. And you'd eat all of it, not just bits and pieces. If we eat meat today, it's probably just muscle meats from grain fed, farm raised animals.

Fish are in a similar place - they'd probably be really healthy if our oceans weren't polluted to shit but when you can't eat fish without eating a cocktail of pesticides and heavy metals, the only sensible thing to do is to abstain.

That said, anyone who's willing to do actual research into what the optimal diet is and act on their findings will be healthier than someone who doesn't. The whole foods plant based guys and the paleo guys agree on a lot more than they disagree on. Even if you only get as far as, "Processed foods and refined sugars are bad" then you'll be way ahead of 99% of the population.

>The whole foods plant based guys and the paleo guys agree on a lot more than they disagree on. Even if you only get as far as, "Processed foods and refined sugars are bad" then you'll be way ahead of 99% of the population.

Very good point.

My morning omelette:

1 egg whisked with half a cup of egg whites
A few slices of whatever deli meat I have available (usually turkey or ham)
Diced onions
Mushrooms
Fat free mozzarella cheese
An assload of spinach
Salt and pepper to taste

It's mostly protein and very filling

I eat a banana a day, I usually give a piece to my dog and rat too.
They love it!

I like them for healthy sustenance on the go but I dislike the taste and structure of them.

Great point simply because eating the foods that grow in your region and not warehoused for god knows how long (which almost all grains are in the US) maintain their nutrient structure. Of course we'd like to see studies confirming localvore paleo or vegan diet but you won't. Guess why. Conagra isn't wild about people shopping locally grown meats and produce.

>egg whites
>Fat free mozzarella
you people are insufferable

what's the issue?

Not him but high protein, low carb low fat is 80s tier silliness.

Or they just lift

Ah, Dr. Gregor. Love that guy.

Why would someone who lifts be afraid of fat and carbs?

Understood about the pretentious thing, but it's really more about digestion and nutrition intake. It might sound weird, but we've been trained to slab on heaps of filler, with dashes of nutritious food. Flip it the other way and things get much better. If you need that stuff in your diet, try the inverse--90-10 split the other way. Juicing elevates this concept even higher. Maximize what your body needs; minimize the bullshit content.