Convince me to switch to a math major from a computer engineering major

Convince me to switch to a math major from a computer engineering major

>Reminder: Veeky Forums is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics, not for helping you with your homework or helping you figure out your career path.
>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

The benefits of the pursuit of one branch of science/math pertains to science and mathematics, Mod

>tell me how to live my life
I wouldn't take anyone's advice unless they are great people giving it to you. If a Fields medalist thinks you've got talent for math then go right ahead and switch, but I wouldn't particularly trust anyone on Veeky Forums.

What do you like the most anyway? Money? Proving theorems? Learning about a specific branch of math? Software?

I'm a creative person I want to discover some stuff in math

Double major.

What's your experience with the theorem-proof method of math? Where do you live?
If your country allows takin classes from other departments you could try one math class and see if it's right for you. If you've taken calc you could take an intro to analysis or to abstract algebra (not linear algebra which you've probably already taken)

If you need someone to convince you, you are not cut out for it, and mathematics is the worst degree to have when you are not talented. At least as an untalented engineer you will get a 70k job sucking Chad's cock, but at least it is a comfy cock. A talentless mathematician ends up teaching Chad's kids in high school, and those kids are mean.

Philadelphia

Every problem that's new in any field is a math problem.

Penn state? You can enroll to a math course and see if you like it. No point in switching out of the blue.

The dumbest rule ever. /adv/ doesn't know a shit about either Math or Science and furthermore about what career path in these two fields to choose. I, personally, enjoy all threads pertaining to the discussion of careers/jobs/advice/etc. and don't see how that is harmful for the well-being of the board overall.

>Assuming Chad's have the economic know-how to run a successful business.

What is it with this meme? Why do people assume CEO's are Chads?

We'll he may be wrong in the details but he's right that a bad engineer will have an easier life than a bad mathematician. Kind of insulting to OP to just assume he's going to be below average tho lmao

Money isn't important at all, OP.

That's what you're saying now wait until your 28 and engaged

>That's what you're saying now wait until your 28 and engaged

Oh you mean wait 'til I'm a pussy just like you? That won't happen, kill yourself faggot.

If neither money nor family important, what is?

>The dumbest rule ever. /adv/ doesn't know a shit about either Math or Science and furthermore about what career path in these two fields to choose. I, personally, enjoy all threads pertaining to the discussion of careers/jobs/advice/etc. and don't see how that is harmful for the well-being of the board overall.
same reason you dont ask for career advice on mathoverflow

because that's not what the board's meant for

shitposting obv, idiot

I concur

Do you have any idea of the types of industry jobs math bsc. holders go for, or are you just talking out of your ass as a high schooler?

Do you like the people you're doing your computer shit with? I bet you don't. Computer folks are fucking assholes. Math people aren't the best, but they're pretty close.

good question OP

i recognized what this user said () and asked my uncle (a math professor for ~40 years) what i should do

double major is the easy answer of course, but if you don't want that, just major in engineering and take a minor in math.

your goal is to get to the point where you know enough math to be able to teach yourself. if you take a class on math reasoning / proofs, and make an honest effort to understand the material in your EE/CE/Physics classes, you will easily reach that point.

Why should I?

If you want that, go ahead. I hope you like it and that you'll find success and happiness in your decision.

>Surveys have uncovered that less than 3% of CEOs were below 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m) in height. 90% of CEOs are of above average height.

>worrying about the faggot that is OP