Easton press books

Any Thoughts on Easton press publishing ? Have any of there books ? Are they to expensive/ not worth it ?

I've been Picking up a few here and there at garage sales but can't quite understand the crazy prices on eBay for these.. is there actual value in these books?

Other urls found in this thread:

abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=19259214570&searchurl=x=61&prl=2000&y=9&pn=Franklin&bi=0&ds=50&sts=t&bx=off&sortby=17&tn=100+Greatest&recentlyadded=all
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A few more examples

This is a great book btw

I paid $3.49 for the Easton Press version of Anna Karenina from a thrift store. People on eBay buy them for high prices, and EP still sells them for even higher, so yeah there's value in them.

They are, by far, the most well crafted books I've ever held. Full genuine leather covers, quality stitched binding, cloth inside cover, ribbon bookmark. They're definitely collector's editions, and higher quality than Everymeme's Library.

Personally I'm not too big on spending lots of money on a book I'll probably only read, at most, a handful of times. Paperbacks usually suffice for me. But if I come across a nice hardback for cheap like I did on this one, I'll pick it up.

Franklin -> Easton.

Question remains are either of them worth what eBay asks for them or is the quality worth it?

Nice find on that one, I've never seen any at my thrift stores I suspect the employees are snatching them up .. but I've found plenty at estate sales

My grandma has a full collection of Franklin which she is slowly gifting to me, they are most certainly worth having, are they worth $50+ a book? Well that's up to you.

depends. i inherited a bunch (franklin) so buying a few more at a high price doesnt feel so bad.

i bought their paradise lost cause its beautiful lmfao + illustrations

tacky shit

I love Easton press! The Folio Society is dope as fuck as well, yo.

that book is a masterpiece

What worries me most about them is the fact they dont discuss translations which always makes me nervous given how bad I got burned by the Brittanica lads.

>easton press edition of 20,000 leagues under the sea
My envy knows no bounds friend

I like them but I would never pay full price for one. My cutoff point for a brand new book is a $20 Everyman's or something.

Only pseuds worry about translations.

Only pseuds don't worry about translations.

>Go to Easton Press website
>All the prices are in installments
Why? Just tell me the fucking price.

4 installments of 74 fucking dollars for the epic of gilgamesh. 296 fucking dollars for that book.

I thought gilgamesh was only like 100 pages

I'm reluctant to drop more than $25 on a book. There's no way I'd buy anything from them.

It is. I don't even know how or why that book looks so thick in the photo. I'd imagine one entire page per turn is an illustration or something turning that 100 page book into a roughly 200 page book.

Feels like a scam honestly. 70 bucks is on the upper end of what I'd consider paying for a high quality proper leather bound book with sewn binding. There are probably people who see that price and assume the same then get hit with another 3 charges for $75 on their card

Bought Brothers Karamazov a while back. Remember it being ~$30, not $60 like they say on the website.

This is weird. Pay $60+ for a book and they don't even mention the translator?

Hope that's signed by Gilgamesh himself for that price ..

I've been having a hard time trying to figure out the value of the Easton books I do own it's confusing as fuck as it seems every edition has the same publishing info and eBay prices seem almost arbitrary and contradictory at times.. is it to much to hope that there's a easy way to tell what year my book was made ? Pic related

Not easton press but relevant thread? I guess.

I have;

The Red Badge of Courage, The Call of the Wild, Pride and Prejudice, The Scarlet Lettter and Huckleberry Finn, all from Chatham River Press.

Anyone know if these are worth anything?

holy shit im such an idiot

abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=19259214570&searchurl=x=61&prl=2000&y=9&pn=Franklin&bi=0&ds=50&sts=t&bx=off&sortby=17&tn=100+Greatest&recentlyadded=all

I saw this shit (almost complete) at a thrift store for 2 or 3 bucks a pop.... should have bought it

They look pretty nice. Much nicer than those disgusting, tacky ass penguin hardbacks. But still, they are really only worth buying if you find them cheap or if you're really rich.

I would buy them if they were cheap but they just look so tacky. I prefer the Folio society