Curly kept Vaseline in his glove because he wanted to be ready to have sex at any moment?

curly kept Vaseline in his glove because he wanted to be ready to have sex at any moment?

did this make any sense to you guys? why not keep a jar in your pocket? he just walks around all day with Vaseline in his glove?

I thought it was to keep his hand moisturized or something.

"Well, that glove's fulla vaseline."
"Vaseline? What the hell for?"
"Well, I tell ya what- Curley says he's keepin' that hand soft for
his wife."
George studied the cards absorbedly. "That's a dirty thing to tell
around," he said.

was it because he was fingering her?

crusty farmer hand in the slot, bad.
soft fingaz in the snatch, good.

How can you read that and conclude that Curley keeps the vaseline in his glove for lube?

steinbeck you dirty old dog

He's keeping his hand soft for her? what does that mean to you?

THEY TEACH THIS FILTH IN SCHOOLS

>confirmed virgin

It means he's using it like a moisturiser. A jar of vaseline in his pocket isn't keeping his hands soft.

He keeps it soft to beat his wife with.
t. my english teacher

Thats what I took from it. Working in the fields would normally turn your hand all gnarled and callused which I imagine would hurt a pussy

I think I figured it out. if he was moisturising he would have to do both hands. but his wife is a tranny so he only does one hand the hand he jerk a her off with

>focusing on the significance to the character as opposed to the symbolism

it's because she likes a finger up her ass during sex, idiot

what symbolism is there in a gooey glove?

In the book, hands are mentioned often, always used as a representation of the man attached.

"I imagine it would"
An honest answer. Keep trying and one day you will feel the bag of sand

By this are you hinting at curlys duality. Being a man filled with anger and violence while on the other hand (literally) being a devoted and generous lover to his life partner

You misunderstand, he's elbow deep in pussy like we all are, he just hasn't worked the fields.

Touché

mfw at school one of the kids said "so he can slip it in easy" as the teacher read it out , at 14 that was some funny shit