Just how healthy is Korean food and how will eating kim chi with every other meal help me?

Just how healthy is Korean food and how will eating kim chi with every other meal help me?

Korean food thread

they have one of the highest rates of stomach cancer in the world.

too much of salt. look up stomache cancer, stroke, and heart attack rate in KOREA. very high, especially when you consider that less thn 5% are overweight

because they're alcoholics. kimchi has supposedly healthy bacteria for your guts

>how will eating kim chi with every other meal help me?

Who gives a fuck, eat kimchi because it's delicious and let other idiots argue about placebos.

preach!

>he fell for the fermentation meme

Make sure to wash your kimchi down with some homemade kombucha, OP.

>sauerkraut is amazingly delicious when it's from asia because it's so exotic and interestiiiiiiing
you're women aren't you. bet you hate sauerkraut too

Both kimchi and kombucha are good
So is beer, cheese, chocolate, etc
fermented foods are the GOAT

Sauerkraut is alright but really only good on hotdogs and sandwiches.
Kimchi goes with fucking everything, even itself.

This

Kimchi has more ingredients than just cabbage and salt, and even tastes good fresh. Also only a flyover considers it exotic.

Kimchi almost always has fish sauce and sugar added to it. Not exactly health food, but it sure is delicious.

You can try cucumber kimchi if you're looking for a somewhat healthier alternative. It's literally just cucumber, vinegar, sugar and chili powder. I make my own when I feel like it'll compliment the majority of things in my grocery list.

It's slimming for sure, 98% of the dishes are soups, noodle based, use a lot of tofu, kimchi, and minimal amounts of low-fat meat cuts. Being a vegetarian on a korean diet is very simple.

That's from alcohol consumption, which they also (not coincidentally) have the highest rate of consumption in the world.

I bought kimchi from a non-korean lady selling them on my campus. Only after taking it I noticed it has unbeliveably strong smell. As in, people who sat around me in class asked each other "Why does is smell like sewage in here?"
Is this typical? I know fermented foods have their distinct aroma but it smells too much. Should I give it a go?

Kim chi is popular in cabbage, radish, and cucumber forms. I was raised with it, but the radish one is still fucking lethal smelling.

White people are going to react poorly to any smell whatsoever, be it tuna, tumeric or kimchi

>because they're alcoholics

So, like everybody else in Asia?

>Is this typical?
Yes, white people live in constant fear of food that isn't wonder bread and tendies

When I was stationed in Korea I lived in a building with 8 other officers and we had a kitchen. Everyday 2 old korean grandmas came in to do the cleaning and they kept a huge jar of kimchi in the refrigerator. The other officers raised hell about the smell and they had to remove it. Pissed me off because when I worked nights and got up @ noon they would share their lunch with me. Fucking typical American busybody crybaby pussys.