Is electricity end game technology? Will humans still use it thousand years from now?

Is electricity end game technology? Will humans still use it thousand years from now?

Unlikely. I see it difficult to survive for 3 generations from now as a species.

Hopefully a new Middle Age will come, and electricity won't be available.
Also, at the minute, are you capable to provide electricity in any way if all the available sources would be lost?

Proton-based Circuitry
Proton-based Transistor

If humans are still around. Even if we find something better, if the human population is big enough there will be people who still use it for hobby or religious reasons.

moving charges is probably going to be useful thousands of years from now.
>> new middle age
It's gonna take a heck of a lot to uninvent electricity.

>> all available sources lost
There are thousands of cars with alternators in them, thousands of electric motors that could be turned into generators. And if worst comes to worst, batteries are fucking easy to make.

That's still using electricity though.

What is quantum uncertainty
Also, proton is 1000x heavier than electron

>1000 years
Oh no, majority of humans will die soon (100-500 years).

If you ask is electricity big thing bexore that happens; no, it's too slow. Fuels are so much faster. Households can live with electricity from solar power alone, but there's no way industry could survive withoit combustibles.

>That's still using electricity though.

You have proton-based circuitry in your body.

>What is quantum uncertainty
>Also, proton is 1000x heavier than electron

Nature uses it for a reason.

That's still movement of electrical charges, or as we call it electricity. I wouldn't exactly call what happens in the brain 'proton based circuitry'.

Besides moving protons around is a slow process which makes it nigh impossible to do high frequency things such as radio.

No, not ever. Electricity is a fundamental force of nature. Saying we'll ever stop using it is ludicrous. It's like saying 'will we ever stop using gravity'? or 'will we ever stop using light'?

I find the very idea laughable.

Plasma based technology will one day replace electric based technology

That's still electricity cause it involves movement of electric charge.

Now why the fuck would we use plasmas for anything? There are pretty big losses incurred with using plasma

wait a minute

whats the word for what you're doing

just because it has been used a long time doesn't mean it is end game, we still use fire

no but more and more shit will be replaced by light - i recall a microprocessor that is powered by light, i was essentially a collection of minute mirrors - im mostly referring to communication tech though. Overall, the medium of transfer will continue to change but it's too useful for it to ever go away.

yes, our bodies use electricity, wow crazy revelation...

Software is the end game, everything is software

Net zero charge.

software is just idealized hardware

Hardware is just stuff designed by software

Software running on hardware

So the hardware is getting soft while the software is getting hard?

That was already designed by hand but doesnt have to be anymore

I often thought this when theories were doing the rounds that metastable metallic hydrogen would act as a superconductor. If metastable metallic hydrogen conducted electricity, would it be more correct to say that the electrons were flowing around the protons or that the protons were flowing around the electrons?

>Proton-based Circuitry
You mean chemical reactions? Because that's what's happening between protons. Chemistry is ruled chiefly by the electromagnetic interactions between particles. It's why ionic, covalent, and metallic bonds are all defined by the arrangement of electrons. It's "circuitry," but not really.

Electric circuitry already puts heavy emphasis on the mechanics of electron motion, and trying to move protons around instead would be orders of magnitude slower for the same amount of electric potential energy transferred.

People are still using Fire & Wheels which are Stone Age Technology.

What about the time before software?