I want to write a novel from a high school senior guy's POV. I'm a girl and worried it won't be authentic. What do I do?

I want to write a novel from a high school senior guy's POV. I'm a girl and worried it won't be authentic. What do I do?

Realise that authenticity is a chimera.

The point of writing fiction is in imagining the perspective of another, thats already a radical act even if they're superficially the same demographic as yourself.
If you fail authenticity on this front then you'll fail on any other

Remind yourself that authenticity is considered unimportant now thanks to postmodern thinkers.

Remember that you're dead and irrelevant

> I'm a girl
Nobody cares. Tits or GTFO.

>Nobody cares. Tits or GTFO
These statements are contradictory tbph

that's just how men are

preach

Okay, how am i supposed to put into words a guy's emotions and picking up girls and whatever? guys and girls are just different and i'm very female.

Study the fine men on /r9k/ for a bit and use that as a base

By having good imagination.

uh
that's how i'll be stereotypical. i don't know how, but my writing style is just very feminine and melodramatic.

>guys and girls are just different
So are guys and guys, and girls and girls. People are different.

But anyway, if you're interested in representing the experience of a specific type of person, maybe hang around with that type of person, read books and watch movies about them, etc etc. You may have friends you can show your work to to see if it strikes a chord. Or post it here if you're desperate.

Unless you want to write a book about a severely warped and out-of-touch mindset then don't go to r9k. The people there do not represent regular young men at all. As the other user said, immerse yourself in art that deals with young men. Catcher in the Rye seems like an obvious choice.

post tits and I'll tell you

y haven't u posted tits yet??

Add me on Snapchat and ill ama (after you send tits)

>I'm a girl
GTFO. Or tits as well.

Don't. Women will never understand men.

It won't, you cunts could never understand a male. It'll be blatantly obvious that it is written by a female

>woooow, it's like another tumblr, teehee
Get the fuck out roastwhores

You can't. There are some things that women will never understand, and men is one of them. Women are mentally children, they won't understand the depth of a man and that's fine.

Imagine a woman, but replace every pure emotion with images of a beautiful woman's body, and you have a man.

This, unironically. /r9k/ is the greatest insight into the male psyche for any woman.

But you'd have to be impartial and empathetic, and women are physically incapable of that.

That's retarded. The only way you can write about that person is if you've lived through it on some level. Men and women are simply worlds apart.

Fucking newfags. Tits are only for if it's irrelevant a girl is posting. This happens to be relevant.

>inb4 t. white knight

>men don't feel emotions!
>*creates great literature, music, and art while women do nothing*
What a shitty meme

>girl posts
>ever relevant

What's the plot roughly like?

My honest recommendation regarding the pick-up thing (and I know it sounds odd but I mean it), is try to pick up a girl and have sex with her. Of course, you'll get 10 and more rejections before making any girl going to bed with you - but that's the point, you'll have the real experience of a guy: having to initiate, eventually turning the interaction to be about romance and sex, with the most likely outcome of nothing resulting from it. Expecting rejection and still having to act is exactly the insight you want to find. If you don't try that, it's because you fear the awkwardness and the almost pointlessness of the pursuit. In other words, the high school guy experience.

Veeky Forums is a male safe space, cuck

They do feel emotions, but they keep them to themselves more often than not.

And women make a show of their emotions.

More than men at least.

Womanly emotions are pretty much the same as lil kids' tho

Tell me your thoughts on this movie

Make him horny and it will be believable

You stop worrying and just do it, ya cunt. Or perhaps you should pick a different topic if you are already worried about something as unreal as an age or gender gap before you have even had a crack at it. Besides, remember those words of Touchstone, that the truest poetry is the most feigning. Authenticity is for those with an impoverished imagination.

>gender gap is unreal
This is retarded

Read ISOLT, Homer and Ulysses. That's how men feel.

>thinking that a few happenstantial variations in physiology and psychology are metaphysically significant or should in any way be a hindrance to art
This is retarded.

Of course, I welcome all Poetic Ideas (which is what the Male and the Female can ultimately be reduced to, disregarding the inane facts of biology), but we must not allow such creations of the imagination to hinder the creation of art; rather they must help it. I accept the Fall of Man as a splendid myth, but I cannot accept it literally, however imperfect Man may be. Similarly, I delight in discourses on the properties of Yoni and Lingam, but we must not imagine that our mythic ideas of masculine and feminine are really reflected in individual men and women.

Women and men are not equal. There's a reason men and women have been viewed as fundamentally different: because they are. You're brainwashed by egalitarian propoganda and don't see that women and men are completely different physically and psychologically and were evolved to be different. If you don't recognize this you'll create unrealistic characters.

Men don't see women in the same way women see men. Men and women experiment socialization in different ways, from childhood to death.

>so many nice men in this thread
>i'm not homosexual

>Women and men are not equal.
I can agree on this point, seeing the continued existence of the pay gap and so on, but again it is obviously happenstantial. That is, as it so happens women do not have a position equal to men in most societies (which, I suppose, is a bad thing, though casuistry never interests me), but in essence the Feminine must be equal to the Masculine insofar as it is an equally compelling Poetic Idea.

As for the "egalitarian propaganda," I think you have me quite wrong. I am not an egalitarian at all, and I tend to be of the party of Plato and Yeats which says that women and men of exceptional insight and learning should govern autocratically. I am willing to discriminate based on things that have a substantial reality (intellect and sensibility, the second being more important), but not on things that are in large part imaginary (gender or, may God forbid, that spectre of nationality).

And as I said, reality is but one of art's tools among many, so it is not necessarily a bad thing if you create unrealistic characters. They need only be compelling.

I suspect that, if you make an effort to meet a great many men and women and interview them about their perception of the opposite sex, you would find their manner of perceiving is not so very different after all. I can agree about the socialization aspect, but that is quite irrelevant to art. "Race, milieu, and moment" can tongue my anus: they are all equally restrictive on true art. By the way, the word in English is "experience," never "experiment," mi amigo. In English, "experiment" always means something like "to perform a trial," as in a scientific experiment. It is a peculiarity of our language.

>I can agree on this point, seeing the continued existence of the pay gap and so on, but again it is obviously happenstantial. That is, as it so happens women do not have a position equal to men in most societies (which, I suppose, is a bad thing, though casuistry never interests me), but in essence the Feminine must be equal to the Masculine insofar as it is an equally compelling Poetic Idea.
Holy shit, you pretend to be intelligent but you believe in the pay gap meme

>I suspect that, if you make an effort to meet a great many men and women and interview them about their perception of the opposite sex, you would find their manner of perceiving is not so very different after all. I can agree about the socialization aspect, but that is quite irrelevant to art. "Race, milieu, and moment" can tongue my anus: they are all equally restrictive on true art. By the way, the word in English is "experience," never "experiment," mi amigo. In English, "experiment" always means something like "to perform a trial," as in a scientific experiment. It is a peculiarity of our language.
>being this much of a psued over a typo

>believe in the pay gap meme
nice meme

The pay gap is a myth, if you think it's real you have a sub-100 IQ and regurgitate what the media tells you

OPs request has nothing to do with people here stop her from creating art, as you imply.
She wants to write the text in a way that from reading doesn't make it evident that a girl wrote it. It's like not wanting to make a movie where the audio guy is on screen the whole time,

>everyone must interpret the phrase "pay gap" according to it's platonic form which I have discovered

>gender is imaginery
kys or at least never publish anything.

I would suggest rmore research, but I would also suggest not polluting the world with more high school drama stories.

write the guy like you would a girl and replace all the "she" with "he". Works for me

credentials?

First, you have to imagine that your entire life is governed by an irresistible and involuntary compulsion to empty your balls into a willing female body several times a day. Then, if you construct the layers of all that implies; the insecurity, inexperience, desperation, countervailing horror of success (commitment, pregnancy, disease), and burning confusion about how the so-called cool kids seem to be handling this way better than you (or /appear/ to be), then you'll have a sound foundation going forward.

That's a dead serious answer, btw.

This is a pretty solid experience of what it's like to be a dude in high school. Just unrestrained urges to fuck everything. Every motive in some way being related to being more likely to fuck a thing.

for you

post tits, bby

the pay gap is real, for example, hillary clinton got 3 million more votes than trump but still lost the presidency (lmao)

>what is the electoral college

This is awful advice

London? for real i could help you if your in London

>what is a joke

Grow a dick.

I want to write a novel from a liberal cuck's POV. I'm redpilled and worried it won't be authentic. What do I do?

Post feet pleaser!!

That's actually solid advice. Why would you post solid advice on Veeky Forums?

>whoosh

This shows that we are closer then we think, this is exactly what
I think about women. Us men are just spergier.

She is probably straight, so
I fapped so hard to that....

Do you remember how the guys were like when you were in high school? How were they different from you and other girls?

Post and expert of your book, so we can judge:

Honestly, what you are writing sounds like shitty YA - we have too many of that. Teenagers are just little shits. Don't try it.

Read Catcher in The Rye if you really want to know to be honest.

The difference in prose between masculine and feminine in terms of tone is subtler then you expect, it relies more in rhythm than anything else - read Wuthering Heights if you really want to check it out, notice the subtle but sure difference of how the first (male) narrator rhythm and how Mrs. Dean chooses to narrate. Most writers end up exaggerating that, so it ends up being cheesy. Apply the finer differences, including the differences regarding those of, but not limited to, topics and interests after you master it.

Think of a woman, and take away all reason and accountability.

>i'm very female.
are you also very erotic and very violent tho?

I'm bicurious I think but I would never have the courage to pick up a girl
I took a screenshot of that even though I'm not sure if you're srs
I'm 19, not 29. I also went to an all girls school lol
It's not really focused on high school drama, the characters just happen to be in high school

oh i have a q separate from this thread
how would a 18 year old girl dating a 15 year old guy be received by ya readers? lol

>be received by ya readers
probably better to ask them
oh wait...

I'm completely serious, and that is the barrier you have to break through.

A post-pubescent high school male's life is completely over-ruled by his need to ejaculate on a regular basis. For comparative validation, see the relevant chapters of Cryptonomicon, character Waterhouse.

Imagine a sneeze. It comes on with a hint, then overwhelms will, and cannot be stopped.

AHH-AHH-ACHOO!

Now imagine that this sneeze, a forcible, involuntary expulsion, delivers to your brain an ecstatic moment of great joy, and deep, primal satisfaction. Now imagine that this ecstatically joyous sneeze emanates from your crotch.

With me so far? Now imagine that these Seraphic chorus singing Hallelujah In The Highest sneezes occupy your every wandering thought. Because, at this epoch of you life, your balls are flooding your brain with such dump truck-sized overdoses of reproductive chemicals that it is really a miracle of institutional socialization that you are not literally raping everything with two X chromosomes right now. Because in anything resembling a state of nature, you would. Rape anything with two X chromosomes.

But now I am practically writing it for you.

So don't you have any guys you know that are around your age? You're perfectly capable of asking them what their life was like a couple years ago.

t. white knight
inb4ing it doesn't make it any less true.

> I do not realise that all girls are lesbian deep down inside/have lesbian impulses, so I'll just call myself bi-curious
> I am 19
*Faps harder*

> I went to an all girls school
"It was clear that this girl had been taught already, by another little lesbian"
-Humbert Humbert

This.

Comfiest historical movie

Now consider the psycho-sexual imagination you have to muster to inhabit that kind of existence. Imagine the empathy required. Close your eyes and imagine a meat tube and two sex glands - very delicate and active - hanging on he outside of your body. Now imagine them issuing orders. These are not requests. They begin with verbs in the imperative mood. You know that grammatical category, yeah?

Now imagine your coping mechanisms. And how those interact with the institutional control stratagems specifically conceived to enable you to resist. The main American and Bongish ones being shame and guilt, at least for public consumption.

Hard on in class?
>shame
Masturbate in the bathroom at home? What do you feel immediately after?
>guilt
Rejected after an awkward pass at the red haired girl?
>shame
>inferiority
>desperation
>rage

But life comes again tomorrow, so guilt and shame keep you just barely within operational parameters. You can function. You can go through the lunch line. Raise your hand. Answer at least up to the average.

This is your male high school life, and you are just barely getting by one shameful, hidden fap at a time.

mmh while i don't that "all men are assholes" i think that everybody has a "male" and "female" part (not about gender, it's about soul, ying and yang and other shit like that).
basically, cultivate the aggressive, philosophical and authoritarian part of yourself

Yeah

Sometimes I'll see just a glimpse of a woman or girl when I'm driving down the street and immediately want to fuck her. She could be a serial killer or a cannibal for all I know but it doesn't matter.

>I would never have the courage
?

Yeah that's the point.
You're in the shoes of an average guy in that situation. If you want to feel what it's like, then do what I write and try to pick up a girl. It doesn't matter whether you're into girls or not. You'll experience rejections for the very most part - and know that beforehand, going into the approaches - but must still force you to do it. THAT IS THE POINT. That's the experience and perspective. Get it?

>let me delete my post and rewrite it with obnoxious CAPS FOR EMPHASIS

i would be recieved negatively by me.
it's something that usally doesn't happen.
i remember a friend of mine in highschool who bragged about this girl who was on the last year who wanted to bang him when he was 14. i never saw her ( i came in that school were me and my friend were both 15, she had already finished school) but was jealous af. and they didn't even fuck. the obly idea that a 14 yo could be an erotic interest for an older girl made me mad.
at least a year later my gf (ex gf of this guy btw) told me the older girl was kind of a weirdo but still kinda cute

This plus shame, competition, and the constant feel about rejection.

>tfw married and its still the same, except I have had all legitimate outlets removed.

This. You're naive if you think you can have a couple sentences posted on a Andorran Cheesemaking Forum give you an insight into one of the greatest struggles of adolescence.
You are fortunate enough to still be in an emotional immaturity where this is going to suck. This will give you accurate insight into being a 18 y o m.

idea: what about the two protagonists instead of beign a 18yo girl and a 15yo boy, they are two faggots? this is less of a cliche you could masturbate while you writing about homo-erotic sex scenes

And then one gets curb stomped after a failed rape by a chad.

More realistic anyways. No 18 year old chick is gonna fuck some kid without a driver's license.

ok, what if the kid is like 12-13?
that would be kinda weird, break taboos, and blur the borders of our idea of pedophilia (because the 18yo he's basically a kid too)

I feel like a mature 13 is the lowest we can go without going full molestation mode. It could be more artistic and less Tom of Finland if done right.

i googled the name and i saw bad drawnings of bulky gay men, not very ephebic- what's the connection?

anyway, i agree

what if this is about this 18yo who's tired of his good looking gf because he basically likes little boys ( but he doesn't admit it, so it's kind of different from humbert humbert). he's also like OP and wants to write a novel about fucking little boys (coming of age and high school drama bs) and justify his "search" by wanting to sound authentic in his writing. basically, a parody of teen literature