Is actual authentic and traditional Mexican cuisine that good or is it just a meme?

Is actual authentic and traditional Mexican cuisine that good or is it just a meme?
What states in Mexico have the best food if one were to visit?

when we went to vacation when i was around 7 with a developing immunesystem, im sure i caught hepatitis A (the temporary one). i remember the doctor palpating my liver, and it was swollen and i could feel him touching it. but goddam that was the best street food ive ever eaten.

Traditional Mexican is rotting meat loaded with a bunch of spices to hide the horrible taste and smell

TexMex is much tastier and won't make you dysentery

Authentic Mexican food is hard to come by. Most Mexican food people know of is California hippy bullshit or Texan """"""authentic""""" Mexican food. If you're in Mexico, the food changes depending on the region. Where I'm from, which is north central Mexico, all we eat is steak, cheese, beans, and bread. The more Central you go, you'll find a lot more corn and chicken and less beef. Down south, you'll encounter mostly vegetables and beans and stuff like that. All around the coasts you'll encounter mostly seafood, especially shrimp and oysters and crab. Beaners love that shit. I've been all around México, ask me anything.

>north-central
What state?

Chihuahua. I was born in El Paso, Texas, but I spent a lot of time in Juarez, where most of my family resides.

How many times were you kidnapped and how bad is torture really? Do you feel any empathy while cutting someones limbs?

And why do the people in OPs pick not shower. Water is not that expensive and they look disgusting. Thx for your time.

Mole is pretty good

The real meme is people who say authentic Mexican food is hard to find.
Just go where the Mexicans live in your town and you'll find it.

You idea of beef/vegetables is kinda bullshit. I think the most important difference between the north and south is that the north likes to use flour tortillas more, while the south is basically pure corn. There's beef, pork, etc, everywhere. Though I agree that coastal areas are mosty about seafood.

To americans, I'd suggest going to a decent restaurant instead of trying street food. It's pretty dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Even in the USA you can get pretty good authentic mexican food if you live in a big city. Even as far as NY or Chicago there are a couple of top tier mexican restaurants. Thought they are expensive.

This guy gets it, Mexicans food is entirely based on hiding and delaying rotten meat.

It's pretty awesome, especially the seafood. Mexico does a lot of fusion too, you might be surprised how much Mexican food has been influenced by other cultures.

Any countries food can be shit if done improperly, but Mexican done right is superb.

What if you live in Canada?

Our Mexico is literally Old El Paso Tex-Mex shit.

Meme. They're trying to push the food as a reason to let illegals stay in the US.

>go where the Mexicans live in your town
Thankfully there are none.

I'm just a white guy from North Carolina who only knows a few phrases of Spanish, but my input on the corn vs flour tortilla debate is that the half-corn-half-flour tortillas combine the best aspects of both. Flexibility/strength, texture, and flavor all in one.

Christ, what kind of food do you things eat?

He's either just Trump-posting or a redneck from some tiny flyover Midwest town that's 95% whites, and the other 5% is blacks or Natives. In that case he probably eats a strict diet of bread, cheese, red meats, freshwater fish, and potatoes.

Holy shit Mexicans are sexy. If you yanks don't want them send 'em here.

Mostly German and Italian style dishes, some Polish, Chinese, and Japanese every now and then for a change of pace. I've never had Mexican food that has made me want to try another serving of it.

I live just north of Phillthy, currently. I've lived in smaller cities, rural areas, and NYC for a time. Mexican food is a bigger meme than Vietnamese food.

news flash for you "mexican food lovers" that shit you eat at "taco bell" isn't real mexican food, it's tex-mex, most mexican food is like boiled goat livers and eating ants off of a chopstick that you stick in a anthill (in mexico). you ever heard of the montyzooma's revenge? you know that if a gringygo eats up them mexican water or their fugged up froots they don't have the antibodies in their stomache to digest it and it makes your stomeache hurt and makes you doo doo alot for like a week. Do not eat mexican food! it will harm you.

>What states in Mexico have the best food if one were to visit?
Oaxaca

They make damn good wives too, almost as good as Asian women.

So half Trump-posting, half just honestly doesn't like Mexican food. Whatever floats your boat user.
This is just really bad bait. A for effort though.

>Trump-posting
It's hilarious how you can't accept reality, but also sadly exactly as expected. Every time it comes up all I ever hear as arguments is "But tacos and burritos! I've seen you eat nachos so now they have to stay! You don't need to buy a house, eat more avocados! Who's going to do the work we don't want to pay real wages for?!". The food is just a meme to push for keeping their slave labor.

How the hell do I get one? Only Indians and Chinese in Australia

Never been kidnapped, nor tortured. I also haven't cut off anyone's limbs.

And the people in OPs pic are "sudacas." They're the really short, dark people from small villages and towns usually. All of my family is above Mexican average height, the darker ones (like me) have light brown hair, light brown or green eyes, lighter skin. Some people in my family have blonde hair and green/blue eyes and white skin. And water mostly everywhere in Mexico is dirty, unless you live by a fresh water source like a natural river or lake.

There is beef and pork and chicken everywhere, but it is so much more expensive down south than up north. In the north, you pay out the ass for tropical fruits and vegetables that are abundant down south. The land over here is very similar to the land in Colorado. There's livestock farms everywhere, so meat is very cheap, so people eat mostly meat and animal products. In fact, the one seafood that really available here is fresh fish from lakes and stuff, since there's obviously no coast. Also, corn is harder to grow here than wheat, so we eat more bread rather than tortillas.

It's all a meme. The reason they americanize foreign foods is to make them more pleasing to american pallettes. Regardless of what the food tastes like in Mexico, americanized mexican will appeal to a greater portion of the population in the US. That's the whole point. It's the result of decades of marketing.

It's trendy to get all assblasted about it not being "authentic" or whatever, but only because most people don't know what they really want, other than to be trendy and to be able to tell their friends how trendy they are. Taco Bell tastes better to most americans than any generic restaurant in Mexico itself and you know it.

>argumentum ad populum
Kek. A thousand flies can't be wrong and all that.

All Mexicans are sudacas lol

The ones in the border states think they aren't, even though they stick out like a sore thumb as soon as they cross the border.

Blonde hair blue eyed my ass

Are aussie white women as bad as the typical US white wench? In which case, I'd go the far east route, not Indian.

Jalisco food is my favorite

>Tfw you'll never taste authentic spic food because you live in the middle of now where.

This is just one of the many reasons I hate living in Australia. I wish we had a Mexican diaspora.

They're up there with the worst

No*

>spic food
fucking faggot dont deserve delicious foods you nigger
hope you choke on your kanga burger

I like how everyone in the picture has greasy hair, like showers don't exist in Mexico

>Getting mad at casual racism

I don't think Veeky Forums is for you.

>All Mexicans are sudacas
>my ass

Not all Mexicans are greasy, dark, short people. Leave it the Argentinean people with their white inferiority complex. I don't pretend I'm white, as in Anglo or Aryan. The town where my parents are originally from was an exclusive Spanish colony that eventually mixed with French people and Lebanese people later on. Look up the Northern Mexican Mennonites. My last name is Lebanese. I'm never gonna be "white" but it's insulting to think that I look like those prietos in OPs pic.

Mexican Menonites don't speak Spanish lol, their schooling and everything is in German. They separate themselves from Mexicans, They don't see themselves as Mexicans.

That is completely false. Although they do traditionally speak German, some Russian, and English, they are all proud Mexicans and they speak perfectly fine Spanish. The guy I buy my cheese from is a Mennonite named "John Cox" and he speaks better Spanish than half the proud "Chicano" viva la raza type people in America. They've only recently started to move out due to the garbage narco state they are forced to live in.

Mexican food is so bad for you it's incredible. Why would you want to eat that shit anyways?

It tastes great.

Go to the yucatan

Northern Mexico is ugly, cartel infested and a cultural desert, it's like Texas but poor. Southern Mexico is poor as shit but at least they have a culture.

t. Bajío master race

>pallettes

Why can't Americans spell?

This is literally every cuisine that uses spices

No one gives a shit that you're another self-hating spic trying to suck up to us. You are below us. Never forget your place.

authentic Mexican is so delicious it makes me want to cry

corn tortilla master race btw

lol who fuckin cares if youre a sudaca or whatever

/pol/ is a bunch of gay fags lol

>Even as far as NY or Chicago there are a couple of top tier mexican restaurants. Thought they are expensive.

Not even expensive dude, there are still sizable Mexican populations in/around NYC, they're just not as present as the Dominican/Puerto Rican populations.

Who the fuck said that I'm sucking up to you? I was answering his question on Mexicans and Mexican food. You're just another faggot storm weenie that's terrified of inevitably becoming a minority in his own land. Guess what, your "superior" genes don't take away from the fact that you'll never be more than a limp wrist beta cuck that shit posts on an anime website. So go jack off to your hentai in your mom's house and feel "superior."

t.sudaca

I assume he's talking about actual top-tier restaurants by folks like Stupak, Olvera, and Bayless. Places where not just the ingredients and preparation, but also the environment, the desserts, and the drinks are at a world-class level.

Not La Milpa de San Ixtacetepec on East 296th street in Soundview where maybe 2 or 3 items on the menu are great, the rest are throwaway filler items, and the best you can hope to drink is maybe a caguama you open with your own molars before dumping it into a dixie cup because chugging it from the bottle might invite a concerned stare from the loud family of ten next to you.

Don't get me wrong I like the third-world dumps as much as the next guy but they are certainly not top-tier even though they do have better bang for buck.

seafood in Mexico is great, aguachile, ceviche etc. Super fresh and dirt cheap too.

Michoacan Mexican is p good in my opinion.

Lots of tasty vegetables and homemade sauces in lots of different styles of traditional Mexican food.

Around this time of year, I usually crave some ceviche with tilapia or shrimp to keep me cool when it's hot.

Live in Los Angeles. Have had traditional mexican food that legit smells like human feces, something about their food is just so unclean. I have had some great burritos and all but I have also had some absolute disgusting mexican food before.

"American" mexican food is much, MUCH better. You also don't have to deal with mexicans.

Anyone have an authentic carnitas recipe, something about cooking the pork in a shit ton of lard?

There's no lard involved with carnitas. Think of it like pulled pork. You cook it low and slow until it's fall apart tender.

Get some pork shoulder. Cut it into large chunks. Season it with salt and pepper and then brown it on a grill. Don't worry about cooking it through, just get some color on the outside.
Put the chunks of pork into a big pot, dutch oven, or slow cooker. Add some mexican oregano, chopped onion, chopped jalapeno, and a little chili powder (ideally from Ancho chilies). Add a little beer or stock to get some liquid in there and then cook low and slow until it's falling apart tender.

> (OP)
>>What states in Mexico have the best food if one were to visit?
>Oaxaca
This, and the yucatan, and the DF.
>My last name is Lebanese.
And, mexico city's popular regional dish, tacos al pastor is from lebanese immigration fusion.

I've already done this plenty of times, I thought this was the white boy™ method. I've seen anons post recipes where they cook it in a ton of lard and citrus, its always posted by actual mexicans. I forgot the details.

Eat your TexMex meme shitbag

I've lived in Mexico for over a year and never seen or heard of it being cooked in lard. Though I suppose it might be some local variation?

The citrus thing is sometimes done, sometimes not.

I remember that too. Some guy did the slow cook method, pulled it apart, then fried it in lard until it had a crust. I thought he was a Mexican too.

>hey guys what do you think about this food
>FUCKING SPICS SUDACAS GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY REEE SHELLS > TORTILLAS I HAD A TACO IN A PISS SMELLING BAR OWNED BY NARCOS IN CHIMICHURRI ONCE AND I GOT CANCER REEE FUCKING MEXICO NUKE THE FUCK OUT OF IT LATINAS ARE DISGUSTING
???

>traditional mexican cuisine
>FLOUR tortillas

NAFTA really fucked up Mexican food. They're addicted to walmart now and they eat flour tortillas and have coca cola with every meal

I can confirm. Walmart is the most popular super market in my shitty pueblo and families drink coca cola all day with every meal, it's such a big problem that people cannot imagine a meal without a coke to suck on. Super special snowflake mexican families drink pepsi instead but it's all the same shit.
Flour tortillas are also considered "better" and they're the best option for making quesadillas.

>implying "food and cooking" is anything more than a feeble suggestion
>implying this isn't /b/ lite
>implying food discussions other than "regional flyover junk food chains" are going to be in any way productive around here
Welcome to Veeky Forums, enjoy your brief stay

Still salty, huh?

Sounds like it was worth it

>the north likes to use flour tortillas
Absolutely disgusting.

I ate mexican food today

They don't. You have to use a bucket and then a little plastic bowl to splash the water on yourself.

As usual, it depends on the state. My parents are from Guerro and a big thing over there is mole verde (pic related). My parents love it, but I heavily dislike it. It's made of ground up seeds, so it's a bit gritty and slightly bitter. It doesn't help that the chicken is kept plain. Usually, the dish is accompanied with tamales nejos. Unlike normal ones, they have no filling on the inside and have a funny taste from being made with banana leaves. They're actually pretty good.

One thing I do like is the cheese. At room temperature it's rubbery and smells funny, but it's still alright for snacking. My favorite is when my mom cuts up pieces of it and cooks it with a green salsa. Despite being it's wedge shape, the pieces of cheese internally semi melt. And the salsa adds flavor without making the dish spicy

Traditional Mexican food is pretty good. Its up there with the top cuisines I'd say. Mexicans have a good food culture and like to cook. They use a lot of cool ingredients and have some sophisticated and complex flavors. American Mexican food is good on occasion but it is its own thing.

I spent a week in Arandas, Jalisco and the food was great and dirt cheap. Went to Puerto vallarta for a few days to finish off the trip and the food was the same price as in the states and tasted like shit. At the resort the menu consisted of nachos, quesadillas, burritos, burgers and hot dogs. Fuck all that.

I always wanted to try the food that Bourdain ate at Fonda Margarita

Are Chihuahua and Durango Northern Mexican states?

Kill yourself.

>Polish
lmao

how do you enjoy that but not some spic comfort food

It's a fucking meme

I live in Commiefornia. There are Mexicans making Mexican food everywhere.

"real mexican food"
IT'S A BIG DUMB FUCKING MEME

>Taco Bell tastes better to most americans than any generic restaurant in Mexico itself
A bucket of chicken tenders drowned in HFCS tastes better to most americans than any michelin starred meal, what's your point?

>mexican community by where I live (IL)
>small restaurant connected to a house in a neighborhood, employees and customers just walk there from home
>menu is in spanish
>take-out style restaurant, no paintings of mexico and clay bricks, no plastic palm trees to make white people think it's "authentic"
>only white person I've ever seen go there
>best god damn food I've ever had but will always be an outcast

>living somewhere you don't like
Do conservatives really do this?

bumpan

I'm not a fan of tequila, marijuana, and getting beheaded by the cartel.

it's by far easier to change everyone else around you and complain then it is to remove yourself from the offense.

>is actual authentic Mexican cuisine an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means?
What do you think, retard.

I went to Mexico when I was like 10 and the food was fucking great.

Avacados are like 2 for a dollar man, they're not a luxury item that would prevent you from buying a house.

Same (IN)... I wish I knew Spanish, it's hard to order when all you can say is the name of the meat you want and the dish. So many good Mexican supermarket/ grills in my area

They're closer to $5 a piece where I am.
Also it's sort of a meme.

So you live in a flyover shithole? Housing should be cheap as fuck there then!

They don't grow avocados on the east coast you mong.

Spanish is easy as fugg dude, you can pretty much self-teach. The rules are incredibly consistent and the few times it gets confusing for gringos (like a vs para vs por) nobody is going to misunderstand you. It's not like Chinese or some shit where if you tighten your throat in the wrong way it changes "how much is the bill" into "I just raped and murdered your dead grandmother"

yes , its good

I live in NYC and I get them for $2.75 at whole foods because I'm too lazy to go to the poor people store

Where are you buying them for $5? Did they open a produce counter at Henri Bendel?