Do you sometimes miss playing video games or watching stupid movies?

Do you sometimes miss playing video games or watching stupid movies?
>inb4 you could read and ALSO do those things
But there is so much in literature: including novels, poetry, philosophy, complementary history or anatomy, religious studies etc, that i believe if you become hooked, its not possible to come back and waste precious time on anything else

how old are you OP? it will get back to you in time

I play video games 24/7

I don't always have the energy too read, if I try to I just get sleepy and can't concentrate. That's the time where I play games or watch stupid movies. I also do it with friends.

If I have the energy to read then I agree that it feels like a waste though.

>tfw playing new Vegas and having an ethical quandary over supporting NCR against the legion when I want to undermine their corrupt influence but knowing they are the only ones strong enough to resist the barbarity of caeser

excuse me?!

No, I still play video games sometimes, I just think harder about which games actually peak my interest instead of buying it because it's new and AAA.

I want to play video games, but every time I consider it I think how much more I could read in that same time so I read instead.

Part of me wants to play them, at least some, but another part of me thinks it's better that I don't.

House is also a piece of pre war shit, exactly what is wrong with NCR

I still play from time to time but I can't play for longer than 2h a day. Used to play for up to 8h (competitively)

I miss playing video games, but I can't enjoy them anymore. If I try to I'm overtaken by a feeling that I am wasting my life and it ruins any fun I'm having.

Yes Man is the patrician choice

he's strong enough to deal with caesar and his merry slavers regardless

I'm working with the NCR atm but intend on selling them out to the brotherhood when the legion loses the advance. I'd support even the enclave and great khan's over the big three

>But there is so much in literature: including novels, poetry, philosophy, complementary history or anatomy, religious studies etc, that i believe if you become hooked, its not possible to come back and waste precious time on anything else

This is one of those interesting and elegant examples of performative self-contradiction. By posting this idea on Veeky Forums, you have effectively negated its content. Veeky Forums is just as time-wasting as stupid movies and videogames.

Good show sport.

Every fucking day I buy cheap vita on ebay but after 20-30 minutes cancel the order. I can't come back to loser life again.

I still play vidya for something mindless to unwind to. Movies/TV I don't miss.

I don't play big RPGs anymore though, those are a massive waste of time.

the story/characterization is so flat its impossible to become invested

I haven't finished this. I've played the first 15 hours 7 times at least. I will never see the dlc.

Putting yourself under that kind of pressure is a one way trip to a miserable life.

I wish I could stop.
I'm in the second semester of my MA, with reading for my dissertation, a separate essay and latin work to do and yet I waste hours on games I've completed numerous times.

B-but rpg's are the only genre worth it.

>authoritarian ""utopia""

no thanks

>2017
>being anti-authoritarian

Pique. The word is pique.

>2017
>being
To the abyss with thee

Video games and television are mind rot. Every person I meet who tells me one their "hobbies" is Netflix or video games is an insipid moron. I haven't touched either of them in years and this abstention both saves me lots of money and makes me a far superior person.

Books are philosophy are mind rot. Every person I meet who tells me one of their "hobbies" is reading or thinking about spooks is a pretentious autist. I haven't touched either of them in years and this abstention both saves me lots of money and makes me a far superior person

girls r so good at takin pics of demselves deez days rnt they boiz?

They're the least worth it game genres imaginable. 30-70-100 hour timesinks with poor gameplay and the only redeeming quality, the story, is leagues below actual literary writing. Do you realize how much you can read in the time it takes to complete one of those things? I'd rather just pop on for a few rounds of some multiplayer game to unwind and then get back to reading.

i just play tetris these days

Why do you feel the need to complete?

What, do you just boot it up and stare at it?

You didn't answer my question

No, as I sometimes read fantasy novels.

Who is this angel.

I naturally quitted vidya and entertainment outside of youtube and shitposting two years ago. I just grew tired of everything. Playing felt like a chore and when watching movies I just kept thinking on all the time I was spending not reading/writing.
Important fact: I played vidya nonstop for the better part of my teenage years so maybe I just burned myself out.

>Do you realize how much you can read in the time it takes to complete
Yes, but after reading around 3-4 hours a day, i'd rather switch to a different activity rather than keep reading. Also, rpgs are a mixture of different things, not only the story. Yes, they are subpar in comparison to reading, but they also provide different things (interaction, visual, audio).

A different experience, not as important as reading.

There are so many hours in a day. After reading I have time for one quest at most, so the whole process is like dragging my heels over a long period. Rather do something more immediate. This is about taking a breather rather than wrapping yourself in a long obligation.