Explain what are benefits of autism. Pic somewhat related

Explain what are benefits of autism. Pic somewhat related.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11973110/Scientists-and-mathematicians-test-higher-on-autism-spectrum-says-Cambridge-University.html
iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country/sg-singapore
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Singapore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There are none.

you get to open threds

I have an IQ of 148, so... there's that. ;) Stay mad, neurotypicals.

I've never had to study for a test before, everything the teacher ever said I just remembered....but that hardly offsets the negatives.

There is almost none.

Some would develop "savant" characteristics making them especially good at solving some specific kind of problems, like memorizing a city with a 15 min helicopter flight or know all Mozart's works by memory, but that's like 1 of every 20.

And they also suck in other "intelligence" departments.

Autistic engineering is definitely shit their engineering but the frequency of autism in stem is higher than the general population leaving autistic who are smarter than the average person but not as smart as their stem relatives

>implying that has anything to do with autism

Study from Cambridge University:

New research which tested nearly 500,000 people for autism traits and compared it to their jobs found those in involved in STEM professions (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) have more autistic traits.

The University of Cambridge has developed a way of measuring these, using a questionnaire called the Autism Spectrum Quotient, or AQ which comprises 50 questions, each one representing one autistic trait.
They found that people working in a STEM-related job had an average AQ score of 21.9 compared to a score of 18.9 for individuals working in non-STEM jobs. Previously Cambridge University has suggested that Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton were both autistic.

The study also backed up previous findings showing that men are more likely to be higher on the autism spectrum than women.
Professor Simon Baron-Cohen at the Autism Research Centre at the University of Cambridge said:
“Previous studies have found the number of autistic traits a person has is influenced by both genetic factors and prenatal testosterone levels.

“These may shed light on why we find males in the population on average have slightly more autistic traits than females do, and why fathers and grandfathers of children with autism are over-represented in STEM fields.”

>Source
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11973110/Scientists-and-mathematicians-test-higher-on-autism-spectrum-says-Cambridge-University.html

>1: Japan
Autism rate: 181.1 per 10,000
IQ: 105
Science ranking: 5
GDP: 3
>2: United Kingdom
Autism rate: 94 per 10,000
IQ: 100
Science ranking: 3
GDP: 5
>3: Sweden
Autism rate: 72 per 10,000
IQ: 99
Science ranking: 18
GDP: 22
>4: Denmark
Autism rate: 68 per 10,000
IQ: 98
Science ranking: 24
GDP: 37
>5: United States
Autism rate: 66 per 10,000
Science ranking: 1
GDP: 1
>6: Canada
Autism rate: 64.9 per 10,000
IQ: 99
Science ranking: 7
GDP: 10
>7: Australia
Autism rate: 45 per 10,000
Science ranking: 11
GDP: 13

As I said, some of them develop useful characteristics.

This study doesn't say that every one of them has "benefits" because they have the condition.

What does this mean?

>the only homogeneous society on the list has a significantly higher IQ

OP here. That means that autistic people have on average higher IQ so they are increasing average IQ of population I suppose.

OP here. Well, that explains everything. I guess I'm autist.

Kek. I'm going to be tested too. 3rd August. WIsh me "luck".

But most of those countries have different diagnosis criteria.

Also, countries with high IQ like Korea and Singapore are not on that list.

>thinks he can rank countries by science like it's fucking civ 5

Shhh, just play along until /pol/ comes to fuck it up

I got a fucking 26. No way this test is fucking accurate, else I've been a turbo autist my entire life.

>would you rather go to a library or a party?
>+1 autism:^)

iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country/sg-singapore

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Singapore

105 is not that much higher than 100 pleb.

>105 is not that much higher than 100 pleb.
What part of "on the list" went over your head brainlet?

Theres no significant different between the countries in the list outside of poverty and criminality.

I also showed that your causation for the difference wasnt true, look at the USA.

Hmmm

>Theres no significant different between the countries in the list outside of poverty and criminality.
>homogeneity

>I also showed that your causation for the difference wasnt true, look at the USA.

>Japanese society is linguistically, ethnically and culturally homogeneous,[234][235] composed of 98.5% ethnic Japanese
>IQ: 105

>America
>the furthest thing from homogeneous
>IQ: 98

Reminds me of the old Freudian notion that mothers were the cause for autism for not breaking the narcissistic cell.

I like Freud and all but he was wrong in all his interpretations.

Your "picture" shows UK and Sweden with higher IQ than USA despite they are also non-ethnically and culturally homogeneous, and USA ranks over and Australia and equals Denmark, which are countries that are more homogenous.

So, unless you show me your regression to establish correlation among your variables and present me the r value, I'll have to assume that you just picked the 6 nations with highest autism rates in the world atlas page (despite their differences in establishing diagnosis) without giving us a countries IQ rankings.

And no nigga, I'm not going to open my R to do that shit for you.

If Blacks & Spics were all kicked away back to Africa & Mexico.

Then America would be Homogeneous White

America would be on the Top on the IQ, Science & Wealth Ranking.

UK, Germany & Sweden are now full of Pakis, Turks & Arabs.
Weekly reminder that London Major is a Muslim.

>Your "picture"
>So, unless you show me your regression to establish correlation among your variables and present me the r value, I'll have to assume that you just picked the 6 nations with highest autism rates in the world atlas page (despite their differences in establishing diagnosis) without giving us a countries IQ rankings.
I think you're confused, I didn't make or post that list.

This was my post:
All I pointed out was that Japan, which is significantly more homogeneous than any other country on the list, also has a significantly higher average IQ than any other country on the list.

>the only Asian society on the list has a significantly higher IQ
What does it mean?

>the only Japan on the list has a significantly higher IQ
What does it mean?

>All I pointed out was that Japan, which is significantly more homogeneous than any other country on the list, also has a significantly higher average IQ than any other country on the list.

Oh, sorry, but it is just an observation of a very short list. But I'll go on a guess and say that other Asian homogeneous societies like Singapur or Taiwan will be also high in the IQ list.

Still, we would need another kind of data to establish some causality between homogeneous societies and IQ.

I'll say that they have better educations systems

pathetic neurotypicals!
get off my board!

muslim shitholes are also pretty homogeneous

Indeed. One wonders why there's no mass push to ((diversify)) them.

I didn't mean this thread as insult. I'm just curious.

>there are people on this board legitimately arguing that autism is good

Jesus Christ, Veeky Forums really is autistic