ITT: regional foods that aren't from your region

ITT: regional foods that aren't from your region
country ham biscuit

Other urls found in this thread:

cajunboudintrail.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I could kill that right now
god that looks good

gas station country ham biscuits are the greatest fast food sandwiches, hands down

Midwestfag here. I would love to try a lobster roll, but have never seen any around here. Also can't afford to buy a lobster to make one at home.

>start local restaurant selling lobster rolls
>profit

They're pretty good though. Hope you try one some time.

>can't afford to buy a lobster
A tail "in season," is like 6 bucks, guy.

That being said, better be hot in butter rather than cold in mayo.

true that brother

in fact, pretty much any gas station biscuit is great if it's fresh, but country ham is the GOAT

The only thing that might be better is a good chicken biscuit, but it has to be some pretty damn good chicken, which is harder to find than good ham.

I'm gonna get endless shit for this, but whatever.

Virginia here.

I want whole hog or any good pork BBQ.

Virginia is unfortunately a destitute shithole when it comes to food. All talent either moves north towards DC or south towards states that can grill worth a damn.

The sad part is how large of a pork industry we have.

Sic semper shitty salami.

chick-fil-a biscuits are good as fuck, but it still doesn't beat country ham

there's also a fast food place around here called jack's (not jack in the box) that has pretty good chicken biscuits

i just planned on going to chick fil a tomorrow to get one and then i realized tomorrow is sunday

it's always fuckin sunday

If you're any where near fredericksburg, there are a few places that sell whole pigs just for this, already cleaned up and dead ready for the grill. It's pretty popular there. But like you said it's more near DC

>just a biscuit
>no bacon/sausage gravy
you're really missing out, user

Why the fuck would you put gravy on a country ham biscuit you lardass? Do you not see the country ham in the center of it? Is it not enough fucking fat for your huge ass? It's not "just a biscuit" it's obviously a biscuit with country ham in it and butter, making it a sandwich. You don't cover a sandwich in gravy. Go be fat some where else. You're like the guy who posts in a "make your own pizza" thread saying PIZZA SUCKS

I hate white people and I will never have a mint Julep with my scrambled eggs.

Man that looks good

The gas station down the road had biscuits and gravy sandwiches. It was a biscuit filled with sausage gravy. I loved those things.

Gravy makes most things better

country ham egg and cheese biscuits are the best breakfast

Didn't realize this was a regional thing until recently, but salmon patties.

Talked to a dude from Seattle, and he had no concept of this shit. Great on a biscuit, or at dinner and supper with sides. Goes great with mustard, too.

Would devour

these and just fish cakes in general work great as a burger if you want some variation.

Looks delicious.

Gumbo. Not much of it around where I'm from. In the South, but I'm perched up in Appalachia and gumbo is the food of the Low Country. It's always been damn good whenever I've had it though.

>tfw you live in NC
>country ham biscuits and pork BBQ erry'where
Feels good man.

Northwest georgia here. Gumbo isn't too common in these parts either.

Going to also echo the love for country ham.

worst peanuts

shit's good. What is it Swabian? I forget

These are good if you make them at home with actual ingredients. Skyline is trash

Southern Illinois

Nashville

New Jersey

God I used to love jacks before they started hiring nothing but complete retards who bake the biscuits into hardened rocks

St Louis

literally the only thing they do well

Is that broccoli under there?

Rural Texas here, I want to curry and gyros so freaking badly.

Not with fucking cinnamon though.

Them greens in the background tho.

ya but not standard

broccoli loves cheese

I can't get good bagels here in TX.

>Bacon in a Scone

make it right or dont make it at all pleb

Texas style isn't the same as Cincinnati style.

literally the only thing that comes out of my region that isn't antibiotic-resistant STDs

piss

uh, no shit?

why are you saying that?

>Slop on a plate
>Stick a bun on top

Classy

Scones are sweet, American biscuits are savory and buttery.

Sure whatever.

Looks absolutely disgusting

Well its appearance certainly lives up to the name.

don't knock it till you try it

I hate ham so much. I'll never understand how people can eat straight up steaks of the stuff.

I want to try real poutine so bad! But life in south ga means not a whole lot of canucks around here

It's disgusting. What I wasn't expecting is that everything is incredibly sweet, on top of greasy and of a homogenous unpleasant texture

OP here, you posted food from my region. I think that means you win.

>bacon
That's dry-cured ham that's been fried on a griddle.

Its over rated, you aren't missing much

You live in the midwest, so you have the availability of deliciously soft and fresh, top split chicago poppyseed buns (for dogs). Just get a _MAINE_ or I guess Canadian lobster tail. They should be on special for under $10 at some point in the year, maybe even coming up for July 4th picnics! That's highly affordable. Butter toasted roll, meat, hot butter if it's really fresh. If not, go ahead and buy two lobsters and make the mayo version too, getting it good and chilled, top with chives and tarragon, to see which you like best.

Looks incredible. I've tried making it but I can't find actual cheese curd around here so I use fresh mozzarella instead. It's not terrible but I want the real thing

You from Fall River?

>Scones are sweet, American biscuits are savory and buttery.
Scones can be sweet or savory. American biscuits can be flaky, cheesey, honeyed, rising or drop biscuits. Anything goes dude.
There is little difference in many kinds of scones and american biscuits as a matter of fact. From cream to buttermilk, it is chef's perogative. I'd say scones are mostly handmade, where biscuits in the US use a cheat of some sort more often and not.

My favorite regional food goes from Houston through Lake Charles through Louisiana and maybe a little bit more on I-10 through the Alaga.
Groceries and convenience stores have hot chafing dishes of fresh boudin, and restaurants make boudin balls. All day every day, it's a savory snack that hits the spice factor and that funkiness from game meat or liver. ADORE IT. That's something I really miss.
Linked is a travel guide if you're road tripping I-10.
cajunboudintrail.com/

Not to sound like a jew but cheese does not belong inside of meat, it fucking ruins how both are cooked. Just melt the cheese on top of the burger like a decent human being and quit trying to showboat like some greasy David Blaine.

My God man, I haven't been to Jerry Lee's in so long. We used to pick up boudin and cracklins from there all the time and it was always great.

Scones are not sweet; if you're eating something sweet it is not a scone, trust me I wrote the book on scones.
The filling is meant to be sweet but can still be enjoyed with just butter/and or cream.
If your scone is sweet get fucking rid and start using a new recipe.

Just drive to Myrtle beach, that place is stock full of Quebecois

I'm from NC but live in NYC and this gave me intense cravings. I desperately want some Bojangles or Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen right now.

Do you know how expensive seafood can get here? We're the farthest from the ocean in the US. I can't even think of where I'd go to buy lobster that wasn't a restaurant.

Hey, MN here. Matt's juicy lucy's (the originator) is the fucking best.

I need a recipe that will produce perfect biscuits like this. Please help, anons

What a coincidence, I just rolled into Myrtle an hour ago. Not him though. Are there really a lot of French Canadians here? I've been a few times before and not met any. Where can I get poutine around here?

midwestfag here, I used to make a bunch of these when I worked in a sports bar/grill

That's just a bacon butty

>he doesn't know the difference between bacon and ham
sad

>I can't even think of where I'd go to buy lobster that wasn't a restaurant
Central Illinois here; I either get them from Kroger or the local seafood shop.

red link biscuits
very small region of eastern ga and west bama

Looks like back bacon to me

Moco loco

It's ham, retard. It says so in the OP.

Nwga too, friend.

Weck, Worscht un Woi
It is a sausage, served with a bun and a glass of wine. The sausage is Bologna sausage, the wine is the wine made at the wineyard and the bun is a bun. Popular in the wine areas of Germany on wineyards, it is the traditional way of drinking German wine.

Virginia ham is pretty good

You guys also have crabs/oysters from the Chesapeake Bay

Oh fuck yes red links! The Hardee's here has them from time to time

No joke but seasonally, here in CT McDonald's sells them. The problem is they're really skimpy. It's like a fistful of meat in a hotdog bun. The problem is that good, meaty ones cost a shitload, like $18-25

Hell yeah Matt's rules. 4$ two hearted pints

>I can't even think of where I'd go to buy lobster that wasn't a restaurant.
The grocery store. I think even walmart might have it for fucks sake.

Wisconsin

btw these are p good

NYC, especially the Bronx

St Louis

OP said regional foods that AREN'T from your region.

I don't live within 500 miles of any of these places

Fish patties are invented for fish that otherwise taste like shit, like pike. Why would someone do this to salmon?!?!??!

canned salmon I suppose

The next time I visit my parents in northeast Georgia I'm totally getting some country ham from this nice lil corner grocery in the mountains so I can make that shit.