Menus/grocery stores listing the pre-tax price

>menus/grocery stores listing the pre-tax price

this should be illegal

>being so jew that you don't want to pay the taxes

>living in America

why wouldnt you want to live in the country with the strongest military in the world?

It's not the 90's anymore pedro.

it saves you money this way, faggot.

I don't really care for invading oily countries in the middle east desu

It is illegal in first world countries

>VAT

Here in eastern Canada the highest taxes in North America , people would probably kill themselves if the after tax prices were listed all the time.

>having to relabel everything and print new menus
>when the taxes go up almost every year
>additional cost the business needs to pass onto consumers

Calculating taxes separately saves you money. Just do the math in your head or bring a pocket calculator.

It's not?

>paying taxes
Spotted the shill

I heard it's because every state in USA have their own tax, is it true?

Which first world country are you from?

It's worse when you come from a country that includes tax in all it's pricing everywhere.

That 99c cookie actually costs you $1.23. Hope you remembered to manually add tax as you went around the shop.

Yes

Why is murica such a disgusting third world shithole?

>I struggle with basic math.
Retard.

The prices usually go up every year/inflation spike too so what difference does tgat make?

t. NEET and loving it.

>Be on a business trip or be tourist.
>Come from a country where the VAT is already included so I'm not used to calculate the final price myself.
>Don't know the local VAT and if it's the same for all products.

It may be no big deal if you are used to that your whole life but for others it's a pain in the ass.

Nah because that at least shows people who's taking the cut. You know the majority cost of alcohol is tax right? Even if you did most people don't. Of course it's so large if it was separated you'd have a shitfit because the alcohol tax would be more than the product and it wouldn't be so high so for your "convenience" they hidden that away. Then most people turn around and blame the companies that make the stuff oblivious to that fact.

Anytime you add tax it will get higher. Sorry you can't 13yo-tier percentages in your head as you shop.

>"I don't even know my vat"
>meanwhile our sales tax is displayed on all our receipts
>Wonder why our sales taxes are far lower than your vats
Transparency keeps the government on it's toes

*Anytime you hide tax

The added tax is also listed on every receipt in countries where the final price is listed. Most supermarkets even list that information on every price tag for the product.

That was not the point - as a foreigner you still want to know what you really have to pay at the checkout.

I hate this fucking shit. I went to buy a milkshake the other day and the menu said 4.73. I order and I pull out a five dollar bill and I think I'm all set and suddenly the price is 5.23. If that's the fucking price then why didn't it say so on the menu? Fucking kikes man

>Dine in America
>Menu says $10
>Go to pay
>"ok that's $10 for the food, add 25% tax, add 25% tip add 25% service fee, total $17.50

>Dine anywhere else in the world
>Menu says $10
>Go to pay
>"That'll be $10"

Is it so hard? Why are Americans so backwards? Better yet, why do they defend their backwards thinking?

welcome to drynps anerickkka

Except you pay the same amount anyway you retard. It's not convenient if the tax percentage changes all the time when you advertise the total price and have the tax on the receipt like in a normal country

It's the price you pay for being the best at everything

>Defending this shit because you don't want companies to print a new menu
Fucking retarded, menus change (as does the prices on the menus) all the time. And when people advertise things, it's not going to last years

In the U.S. taxes are set by the state and city you're in. Grocery stores and fast food chains aren't going to go adjusting the price of everything depending on the city since it'd be impossible to advertise anything and they don't want you to think that they're the ones taking your tax money.

>Impossible to advertise
Except it wouldn't, advertising state by state is a thing
>They don't want you to think they're taking your tax money
Are Americans really this stupid?

And city by city? Taxes aren't just issued by the state. An ad distributed to a large county would practically need a laundry list of prices for every item.

Or maybe they shouldn't so you understand the implications of food/soda taxes and how they effect you.

it is in civilised countries, also
and stay out