He is not making his own pasta

>he is not making his own pasta

What are you, an american or something?

Yes

>What are you, an american or something?
Yes, I only eat pasta about once every 6-8 weeks

I made it once just to see how it turned out, it was a fucking mess and way more trouble than it's worth. Why should I get flour all over the place to save $2 when I can just walk to the store and buy some? Maybe $8 if we're talking some stuffed pasta with wild boar inside or some shit like that, even still, not worth the pain

Italians buy pasta from the store. There's nothing wrong with packaged dried pasta, there are some pretty good quality ones available almost everywhere these days.

>it was a fucking mess and way more trouble than it's worth.

Well no shit. It was your first time doing it, so of course you sucked at it. Once you have some experience then it's fast and easy.

>>Why should I get flour all over the place to save $2
It's not about the cost savings. It's about making better tasting pasta.

Literally no reason to waste good time and money making pasta when you can get pasta from the store that's exactly the same for a buck fifty

>Once you have some experience then it's fast and easy.
Ok but that still isn't a reason for doing it. I could probably get pretty good at jacking off other dudes too, if I put my mind to it, but again, why
>It's about making better tasting pasta.
Better tasting by what standard? The pasta I buy tastes great. It's like spending hours a week trying to make a perfect croissant when there are several amazing bakeries within a short walk of my office and I only want one, every few days at best. It would take years to get that good, and waste a vast amount of time. If we're talking about something I consume a lot of, such as coffee, I will definitely sperg out over doing it 'all by myself' like a real grownup, but there are areas where specialization of labor has real advantages

I would agree.

But a person must suck really badly at making pasta if theirs is exactly the same as buck fifty pasta from the shop.

It's cheaper to make it yourself. It will taste nicer, and it will take the sauce better.

Why are you on this board if not for the ultimaye joy of taking pleasure in results of your own labor?

Ok, mr. pasta expert, I'll bite. What, specifically, about making a mess in your kitchen and getting knuckle hair into your food gives it a better taste than just having someone else make it for you?

You do understand I'm not buying stuff that was made in a factory 1500 miles away 6 months ago? I'm buying pasta within hours of the time it was made. The ingredients are the same as what I'd use at home. The technique is better, because they do it all day, every day.

So where's the advantage? Voodoo?

>the ultimaye joy of taking pleasure in results of your own labor?
I'm just a bit more honest than you about what "my own labor" means.

Are you growing the grain yourself? Milling it? Caring for the chickens that laid the eggs? Nah, didn't think so.

We're talking about last mile stuff here, we live in a complex modern world in which humans buy stuff, and sometimes add a bit of value at the end. Just where "the end" lies is a matter of personal taste

Like I said, I sperg about some cooking related things. Pasta is not one of them

>What, specifically, about making a mess in your kitchen and getting knuckle hair into your food gives it a better taste

It's freshly made, and you have complete control over the quality of the ingredients used. Instead of cheap industrial flour you can choose better quality stuff. Ditto for the eggs.

>> I'm buying pasta within hours of the time it was made
That's an important point you should have made sooner. I assumed, like most people, you were buying pasta at the supermarket that is made from the cheapest possible ingredients many months ago.

If you are lucky enough to be able to get freshly made pasta from quality ingredients then by all means buy it! I'd to the same. But understand that this situation is abnormal.

>Instead of cheap industrial flour you can choose better quality stuff.
It's Marino brand flour, which I understood to be pretty good but hey, I'm not an expert, Mr. Pasta Expert. What exactly do you mean by 'cheap industrial flour'? What kind should they use? Please be specific, or is this just voodoo? As for the eggs, similar deal. It's local, high quality eggs. Not walmart shit.

two greedy italians

that's like making your own bread

>It's Marino brand flour,
That is good.

>>eggs
Free-ranged as opposed to factory farmed. Eggs taste a whole lot better when you get them from chickens that have been eating a variety of seeds, grains, bugs, worms, etc rather than factor farm feed.

Again, I assumed you were making a comparison to cheap industrial pasta bought at the supermarket. Consider yourself lucky to have a local place that freshly makes pasta with good quality ingredients.

>he doesn't make his own bread

>these are "white" europeans

jesus titty christ

why would you make pasta when its dirt cheap

Because dirt cheap pasta sucks.

If you don't have access to good quality pasta then the alternative is to make it yourself.