What are your thoughts on zoodles or zucchini spaghetti?

what are your thoughts on zoodles or zucchini spaghetti?

Spaghetti squash is pretty good, so zoodles can't be that bad.

Kind of a bitch to make, but it tastes okay if properly made. I don't have a problem with it other than the long prep time.

Not actually noodles, just shaved vegetables, 0/10

I think they taste pretty good. Im pro. I dont like them as a substitute in any pasta dishes though.

There's a kitchen gadget made specifically for zoodling a zuchini, but I haven't taken mine out of the package, so I can't confirm or deny.

My girlfriend bought a thing you crank and it pushes forward. Kinda like an apple peeler. It's a pain to clean but they're interesting enough. We used them like regular pasta but I didn't care for it that way. Making pasta salad with it though, is nice.

OP what are your goals in fucking life man

fucking jesus why

Taste fine. No actual calorie content but if you add extra meat or other vegetables to the dish there's nothing wrong with that.

Had some raw vegan zucchini noodles with raw vegan meatballs and it was actually really delicious. Don't have the recipe though.

Looks good. Ill try making this with less grease for my diabetic mommy

Not something I'd cut by hand, but running zucchini through a machine/crank to do it is quick enough, and the end result is a pretty good way to soak up red sauce.

I've never had zucchini noodles, but I bet it's pretty good with a cream based sauce with cheese and herbs. Or a curry sauce.

>raw vegan meatballs
You mean like some sort of tofu/soy fake meat? I can't imagine that shit uncooked.

you could probably mash up some soaked black beans with some garlic, onion, fennel and cumin and come up with something alright.

So I'm guessing he didn't salt and drain the noodles before cooking?

Why did joe shit on his dinner?

Im more of a red cabbage fake pasta guy.

>My girlfriend bought a thing you crank and it pushes forward
Your girlfriend bought a penis?

Your penis has a crank on it? Seems impractical.

user was referring to this, or some similar product.

>has a crank on it
>a thing you crank
You tried.

How on earth could I crank a penis if it doesn't have a crank-handle on it?

Are you implying that "crank" is some kind of slang for jacking off where you come from? Seems silly, the cranking motion is totally different from a stroking motion.

Anyway, seems like a retarded joke. The kind of thing a 10-year-old would find funny. Do you giggle when you hear the word "butt", user?

>How on earth could I crank a penis if it doesn't have a crank-handle on it?
Cranking is a rotating motion. You're trying way too hard to make this into an argument. Better luck next time.

I have no idea what they used to make the vegan meatballs. I'm thinking nuts but it didn't really taste like nuts so I really have no idea.

Can you eat raw, soaked black beans though?

I don't know what it was so I guess your idea is as good as mine.

>Cranking is a rotating motion
Yeah, and I don't know about you, but I don't jack off in a rotating motion.

>>You're trying way too hard to make this into an argument.
I'm not trying to argue, I'm trying to understand how you get from cranking to jacking off. It makes no logical sense. There's no connection there.

kinda meh, i don't really think that zucchini tastes that much.
requires seasoning/spices to make it work but it's a nice variation to the normal pasta

>partially submerged in greasy water
y-yum

>I'm trying to understand how you get from cranking to jacking off.
You've never heard the phrase "crank one out"? How sheltered are you?

nah, it's not so good with cream-based sauces
better with butter and mint/garlic

Hannah?

Cook them.
Oh fuck there's nothing left.

what are some good sauces/seasonings for this?

I don't dislike them but they don't provide anything over normal pasta noodles for me besides that good feeling that I ate a vegetable

>You've never heard the phrase "crank one out"?

Nope. I'm not sheltered in the slightest. I'm guessing that term is British English or some other local slang that I have never been exposed to. And that's odd, because my family is half British, and I've spent plenty of time there.

Seems like you have to careful when cooking them if you don't want them mushy as fuck.

watery gross

I like'em. I stir fry with garlic, olive oil, and crushed red pepper and then combine with real pasta. Cheap, yummy, not so many calories.

It's a fucking courgette.
You fucking Americans need to stop making up bullshit names for simple shit that's already got a name.

Lel good job OP, you triggered another yuro

That's the one thing I can't stand when people make pasta, particularly bolog.
I don't want to drain my meal before eating it.

just made zoodles, added soy sauce, honey, garlic and sriracha. tasted good. until i put a can of tuna on top without realizing it was lime and pepper flavour.

great for ketofags

but quite often the spiralizer is forgotten and relegated to the cupboard above the fridge that nobody ever opens

lol @ this buttblasted britisher

This. It's great if you're trying to avoid gluten or enriched bleached shit carbs with no nutrition.

Not great, but way better than shitty white flour noodles.